Pau Torres

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Villa are going to be strong next season. Can see them winning the ECL.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Must say I'm a fan of this guy. he's the one I wanted last year (had never heard of Martinez). I can't find any mention of the fee. Anyone know?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bit shitty they won't go for Maguire I'm assuming.

slored1

He is pretty good but not enough for a team above the level of Villa. Decent signing but I reckon he will be bullied in the air often. A bit like Lindelof.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So Mings is now out of favor I guess ? They also have Carlos back from injury .

Torres, Konsa, Mings and Carlos ?
That's a brilliant defence.

Zoo

Emery is smart and knows that Tyrone Mings is a weak link. Good signing.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
That’s a great signing for villa, I can see them breaking into top 5 next season if the keep it up.

Guapa

Interested to see how he does as I rate him highly and wanted him here a couple seasons ago.Let's see if I know what I'm talking about or if I'm full of it.Lol.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Monchi has left Sevilla for a second time and moved to England to reunite with Unai Emery at Aston Villa as president of football operation. So first brought in Tielemans, and now Paul Torres. Exciting time for Villa next season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pretty much every team in the top 10 is going to be extremely adept at playing out from the back, going to be a high quality league.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Pretty much every team in the top 10 is going to be extremely adept at playing out from the back, going to be a high quality league.
He is left footed and worked under Emery before. It is a low risk signing for Aston Villa.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Because like Big Harry, he's an edge of the box defender. Not good enough for any of the top teams.
Does that mean he can't play in a high line defence? Because if so it's wrong, as Villareal played with one of the highest defensive lines in La Liga under Emery.

Why we werent in for him I'll never know.
We opted for Martinez over him last summer and a LCB isn't a priority this summer. No more mystery than that.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Mad that we could have signed this guy a few years ago. Now he’s ending up at villa. He mustn’t be that good or he’d have ambitions of being at one of the top teams if he thought he’d get the move.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Mad that we could have signed this guy a few years ago. Now he’s ending up at villa. He mustn’t be that good or he’d have ambitions of being at one of the top teams if he thought he’d get the move.
No other club bid for his service other than Villa, you know. Bayern is interested, but no bid.

Oranges038

Does that mean he can't play in a high line defence? Because if so it's wrong, as Villareal played with one of the highest defensive lines in La Liga under Emery.

We opted for Martinez over him last summer and a LCB isn't a priority this summer. No more mystery than that.
I can't find anything to prove that. But, interestingly he plays one of the deepest lines in the league at Villa.

OverratedOpinion

He looks very good to me. The Premier League just has so much money and he probably wasn't going to end up at Barca or Madrid.

justboy68

Villa doing some smart business these days. Very good signing for them. You have to expect another strong campaign for them next year competing for the Europa spots.