Paul Gascoigne | Still living

Dante

Average bang
It is alcohol abuse. And it is a picture comparison 27 years apart. The images are already in the public domain. What's the issue?

The commentary is on how bad alcohol can be to a person's health and the conclusion is left up to the audience. Every other element of the tweet is freely available and widely reported.

A fact-based picture comparison with minimal text is not some personal attack.

You'd might as well get upset about your mirror making you look fat and ugly.

matt23

Get them both on countdown for a weed vs alcohol brain cell special. The final showdown.

IRELANDUNITED

I seen a video of Gazza drinking a bottle of water on holiday in Spain, is he off the booze now?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How much? You probably think about booze in pint form. What if you have 3 sips? You can’t compare them
What would be the point of talking about 3 sips of beer in a conversation about what is a dangerous drug? If I had a small enough amount of crack I'd not be able to notice anything.

People die from alcohol poisoning every day. How many people have ever died from weed overdose? Unless a ton of it fell on you it's about the safest drug out there.

Tarrou

How can you compare it though? It’s daft. Is one spliff the same as one pint?
You can compare the negative impacts on society. What relevance does the dosage have? People will take as much as they like and inevitably some will overdo it as with everything.

Steven Seagull

What would be the point of talking about 3 sips of beer in a conversation about what is a dangerous drug? If I had a small enough amount of crack I'd not be able to notice anything.

People die from alcohol poisoning every day. How many people have ever died from weed overdose? Unless a ton of it fell on you it's about the safest drug out there.
You can’t equate it with anything though that’s the problem. People die from being fat cnuts too but who will tell them food is dangerous?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You can’t equate it with anything though that’s the problem. People die from being fat cnuts too but who will tell them food is dangerous?
Other people who don't want them to die from diabetes or heart failure.

Knowledge is power. Knowing that eating Mcdonalds every day is worse for you than a home made salad is important. Just as knowing that crack is worse than booze and booze is worse than weed.

montpelier

Alcohol is bad for individuals, families & society on an industrial scale. I don't think you can say the same thing for cannabis at all, really. But it isn't harmless either. The strong stuff can fry someone's brain relatively quickly if they are unlucky/susceptible.

montpelier

what is 'propaganda' - that weed is dangerous?

and do you mean where propaganda means... ''information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political [Establisment let's say] cause or point of view.''

it would be a better discussion than comparing it on a League Table basis to booze I think