Paul Gascoigne | Still living

Pace Abuser

The image Snoop uploaded has been doing the rounds for a while. Snoop seems to have seen it and shared it. It's unknown if he knows who Gazza is.

Presuming he didn't know who Gazza was, he's every right to try and juxtapose the effects of the two drugs and stick a middle finger up at those that criminalise hos choice while being wilfully ignorant to their hypocrisy.

In any ensuing beef, Gazza has been wrecked.

Last edited:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Why? Alcohol does way more damage to people than weed does. His point is valid tbh.
Whilst that is undoubtably true, there’s few things more annoying than weed heads who assign the cure to all of life’s ills to the herb... and I’m speaking as someone whose done a lot of drugs in their life... but also as someone who knows several people with psychological issues exacerbated by too much punk, and whose girlfriend had cancer, and had to endure a plethora of inane Facebook posts from drop out ex-pats living in Thailand telling her she could cure it naturally by taking CBD, and living the “natural life” of a weirdo who watches a lot of old Jet Li films..

In fact, of all the drug heavy people I know, only the weed heads insist on promoting it as some kind of lifestyle choice... you never hear coke heads corner you in a kitchen at 5am to tell you their bog standard snuff is making them some cosmic bastion of health... nor do the few remaining pilled up ravers I know have 34 Netflix documentaries telling them their lifestyle choices are interesting enough to warrant an unamusing show about them gurning in a variety of different L.A. comedy club green rooms (even though that actually would be more interesting than all the ones about stoners doing it)

So even though Gazza is an absolute wreck, I’m on his side on principle.... because if he looked like another middle aged drunken coke head with slightly better genes, like a Jonny Depp for example - let alone a 40 odd skinny black man whose always looked the same - he probably wouldn’t credit it to his commitment to the fun time gak vibes... and for that alone, he’s an objectively better person....*

* apart from all the wife beating, obviously..... though Snoop was up for murder one time, so in short, whatever drugs they took, they’re both still awful.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why? Alcohol does way more damage to people than weed does. His point is valid tbh.
Weed is still a drug, promoting it as it is some sort of product that has no side effects is hypocritical. Snoop has a nasty history, it's not like he is a stellar individual while consumming his drug

Needham

The image Snoop uploaded has been doing the rounds for a while. Snoop seems to have seen it and shared it. It's unknown if he knows who Gazza is.

Presuming he didn't know who Gazza was, he's every right to try and juxtapose the effects of the two drugs and stick a middle finger up at those that criminalise hos choice while being wilfully ignorant to their hypocrisy.

In any ensuing beef, Gazza has been wrecked.
Nevertheless, if he shared it aware that he was uploading the image of a real human being who'd undergone physical changes as a result of addiction issues then he was and remains an absolute twat. No moral high ground. It's the equivalent of scoring a laugh from those pre and post opiod addiction pics.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Both can leave you a mental wreck. It's not a great comparison. Especially as gazza has clearly taken a lot more on than mere booze

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
To an extent but let's not pretend both aren't damaging. I have known schizophrenic and delussional weed addicts who's mental health has been irreversibly damaged.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They can try both. Booze is worse for you.
I hate booze but i dare say moderation in booze has no more ill effects than anything.
I wouldn't want to smoke anything. That can't be healthy to any level. Let alone the mental side being a risk. We're already approaching a mental health epidemic

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I hate booze but i dare say moderation in booze has no more ill effects than anything.
I wouldn't want to smoke anything. That can't be healthy to any level. Let alone the mental side being a risk. We're already approaching a mental health epidemic
Booze is a depressant. It's impact on mental health and suicide is miles worse than weed.

I don't really drink much (had a glass of wine last night, that was my first drink is about a month) these days and the last time I smoked anything was years ago but in pretty much every possible way, booze is worse for you.

Sugar is my vice. Harmful and boring.

Posh Red

Alcohol is easily one of the most dangerous drugs out there. Weed can do psychological damage but as a comparison, no one has ever died from the effects of cannabis. Alcohol however...

Pace Abuser

Nevertheless, if he shared it aware that he was uploading the image of a real human being who'd undergone physical changes as a result of addiction issues then he was and remains an absolute twat. No moral high ground. It's the equivalent of scoring a laugh from those pre and post opiod addiction pics.
He shared the physical changes his own addiction has caused too. And left it up to others to draw their conclusions.

I don't think it was meant to be humorous or to score a laugh but to highlight the hypocrisy of society which criminalizes one substance but accepts the other.

Gazza is a prominent face of the effects of alcohol abuse. That's the legacy he's unfortunately left with.

Needham

He shared the physical changes his own addiction has caused too. And left it up to others to draw their conclusions.
I don't think it was meant to be humorous or to score a laugh but to highlight the hypocrisy of society which criminalizes one substance but accepts the other.
Gazza is a prominent face of the effects of alcohol abuse. That's the legacy he's unfortunately left with.
Loads of ways of highlighting the hypocrisy of society without shaming an individual, probably destroying his day and hurting his family.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Loads of ways of highlighting the hypocrisy of society without shaming an individual, probably destroying his day and hurting his family.
Gazza pretty much seems to destroy his day and hurt his family on a daily basis.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So let's all do it to him, too?
No, but it isn’t worth an uproar. If Snoop posted up those before and after meth head pictures, no one would give a shit if it’s ruined their day.

Gascoigne has been in the public eye longer as a wife beating alcoholic than a footballer. He’s only ever in the news because he’s off his head on coke or alcohol, or when he’s made a racist comment.

Yet despite that, we are meant to be outraged because Snoop shared a picture which shows how badly alcohol has damaged Gascoigne?

Moriarty

I remember a campaign conducted by some American states to curb drug addiction. It was called 'faces of meth' and showed mugshots of meth addicts and how their faces changed over time. It was pretty shocking to see.

Needham

I remember a campaign conducted by some American states to curb drug addiction. It was called 'faces of meth' and showed mugshots of meth addicts and how their faces changed over time. It was pretty shocking to see.
Yeah, I'd be curious to know if those people assented to their images being used. In any case, they are gruesome but the motivation for their use was certainly more noble than a self pat on the back in the twittersphere.

Moriarty

Yeah, I'd be curious to know if those people assented to their images being used. In any case, they are gruesome but the motivation for their use was certainly more noble than a self pat on the back in the twittersphere.
Generally, mugshots are in the public domain and not subject to copyright. And yes, if those pictures deter a kid from using that poison, then they serve a useful purpose.