Not open for further replies.

rooney2009

He played ok yesterday but would not be sad to see him leave Utd
Hope we have started looking for his replacement
Donny is not the answer
I would go for Grealish for a reasonable fee

TsuWave

Revisionism alright.

He was good in that run when Ole good the job but I wouldnt say he was the catalyst and after a while his form fell of a cliff. And it happened over and over again, after a good or decent period he would be in a bad form. At most he's been very good in some games, brilliant in few.
I don't care what you would say. He was the best player in our team and got best player in the league shouts at the time.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He lost the ball, they got a corner and scored. I know it’s stretching it a bit but it started with him turning over possession.
This has happened with Bruno as well, risk taking players lose the ball. However the difference between Pogba and Bruno is that Pogba gets dispossessed while dallying on the ball whereas Bruno always makes fast decisions.

mancan92

He definitely did a lot of good stuff last night but ultimately his propensity to give the ball away in dangerous positions cost us a goal, again. It happens time and time again and it really kills us in important games.
When did he cost us a goal? We are gonna completely imagine things now?

DanClancy

Decent performance, despite being sloppy and constantly giving the ball away, he created most of our attacks with taking those risks. Very typical of him.
Moments of absolute genius mixed with some sloppy passing. In form Pogba in a nutshell. But, I will take this version any day.
He was good today but he was incredibly sloppy at times. It didn't really cause us any problems but frustrating nonetheless.
Even when he does some brilliant stuff going forward he can't help himself, was another unprofessional performance. There might have been more but there was at least 3 occasions when he was caught in possession not far from his own box. It shouldn't happen once never mind 3 times, he's a complete liability and its only a matter of time before he'll be punished for it.

laughtersassassin

People in here moaning about him losing the ball yet not a mention of him winning the ball back in our own half to creat a counter attack or two.

He was very good yesterday.

DanClancy

People in here moaning about him losing the ball yet not a mention of him winning the ball back in our own half to creat a counter attack or two.

He was very good yesterday.
A good side could have scored 3 goals from his mistakes, its not good enough. No side can accommodate a player as reckless as Pogba.

laughtersassassin

A good side could have scored 3 goals from his mistakes, its not good enough. No side can accommodate a player as reckless as Pogba.
You see what you want to. We also would have been much less likely to come back in a game without him.

Red Bull game showed that.

DanClancy

You see what you want to. We also would have been much less likely to come back in a game without him.

Red Bull game showed that.
It happened, open your eyes. The sooner the liability is gone the better.

He lacks any sort of professionalism in his own half.

laughtersassassin

It happened, open your eyes. The sooner the liability is gone the better.

He lacks any sort of professionalism in his own half.
3 goals is taking the absolute piss. Players are allowed lose the ball. It happens.

Just ignore how we get on without him then. If he played in the Leipzig game it is more likely than not we would have won that game.

When you can't give a player any credit your opinion has become too biased.

Least j can say that when Pogba was playing bad a month or two ago I said it. Just like he is now playing fairly fecking good since the west ham game.

mancan92

And without him winning the ball back multiple times and winning crucial headers we may have lost. That's talking defensively without mentioning his attacking contributions.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dan this isn't Fifa, every player loses the ball at some point. Do you criticise Bruno when he gives the ball away over and over again and they get a chance?

If you don't like Pogba that's fine but don't go over egging it, he didn't lose the ball in a dangerous position at all last night and made 2 goals, it was a good performance.

Blood Mage

He's in the shop window now so I think we'll get some good performances out of him for the next few weeks as he tries to get Madrid's attention.

DanClancy

There's a huge difference with Fernandes giving the ball away in the final 3rd compared to Pogba getting caught in possession on the edge of his own box time and time again.

There's a reason so many people who've played the game and managed get stuck in to Pogba.

laughtersassassin

There's a huge difference with Fernandes giving the ball away in the final 3rd compared to Pogba getting caught in possession on the edge of his own box time and time again.

There's a reason so many people who've played the game and managed get stuck in to Pogba.
Hope you have the same energy for Fred. He loses it just as much but usually in a more dangerous way as it's his first touch that is off so the counter occurs even quicker.

And he doesn't offer Pogbas attacking ability or defensive ability from set plays. So if we are being fair hope to see you in the Fred thread berating him every week too.

DanClancy

As usual Pogba fans feel the need to deflect, will be a good day once he's gone and hopefully some of our so called fans will move on too.

Their an odd bunch.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
On talent he’s our best player by quite some distance. He frustrates me so much with his lack of consistency because if he was consistent I think he’d be the best CM in the world. He’s been very good for a few weeks now. If he helps deliver us a title then I hope our fans give him some respect on the way out.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I get that you guys support him because he's your player but he has treated you lot like mugs yet he gets defended to the hilt. If he was in my team I'd have been calling for him to be sold about 2 years ago.
He's one of our most criticized players and people have been calling for his head for years. Not everyone on the forum will have the same opinion obviously but the vast majority on here wants him gone.

Zen86

Hope you have the same energy for Fred. He loses it just as much but usually in a more dangerous way as it's his first touch that is off so they counter occurs even quicker.
It's a regular occurrence for Pogba to dawdle on the ball too long, lose possession, and put us under considerable pressure or worse, at risk of a counter. More often than not, he won't be chasing the runner down either. Tactically, he's a gamble as what he offers offensively is offset by what he doesn't offer defensively.

Claiming "Yeah but X player also loses possession" doesn't change this.

laughtersassassin

As usual Pogba fans feel the need to deflect, will be a good day once he's gone and hopefully some of our so called fans will move on too.

Their an odd bunch.
Yes the people who praise a player when good and criticise when bad are the odd bunch......

Adam-Utd

Yes the people who praise a player when good and criticise when bad are the odd bunch......
They're even trying to say pogba didn't mean the pass for Martial :lol: I don't get why it makes them so happy to feel like Pogba does nothing right? easier to see him leave I guess if they've brainwashed themselves into thinking he's crap.

laughtersassassin

It's a regular occurrence for Pogba to dawdle on the ball too long, lose possession, and put us under considerable pressure or worse, at risk of a counter. More often than not, he won't be chasing the runner down either. Tactically, he's a gamble as what he offers offensively is offset by what he doesn't offer defensively.

Claiming "Yeah but X player also loses possession" doesn't change this.
No it doesn't change it but it's a relevant point to compare with his competition who has a similar flaw in losing the ball in the midfield.

Fred does have other upsides but he has plenty more downsides too if we are honest.

Tactically most players on our team are a gamble.

That's said after how recent games have transpired, right at this minute there is no arguing we are doing better with him than without him.

He is in good form since the west ham game.

Also Everyone continues to ignore the fact that from defensive set plays he wins it more than anyone in our team. No one adds that to his defensive contribution tally.

Idxomer

They're even trying to say pogba didn't mean the pass for Martial :lol: I don't get why it makes them so happy to feel like Pogba does nothing right? easier to see him leave I guess if they've brainwashed themselves into thinking he's crap.
The mental gymnastics regarding him is always fascinating, and btw he has now played well in the last 4 games and was involved in a goal in 3 of them. You'll always though see posts about how he had just very few good games in his time at United.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I didn't watch the game but the pass to Martial was sick. This is the level of actual him and it is superb to see him giving these killer passes.

Yes, he is inconsistent and it comes from his mindset. As we have all seen that he has still the mindset question above him and all these years haven't fixed it, it is our only chance to sell him. No need to worry, there are other midfielders in the world as well, he is not the only one.

And I'd like to point out that it is very good for him to be motivated and showing his best, or at least trying to do so, even if the motivation is just a chance to leave the club. Let's have a perspective from company's view - if your employee has a possibility to upgrade oneselves' CV and it is actually beneficial for the company as doing better job than always, it's a good thing isn't it? The problem lies in company, who has let this situation grow, not the employee.

I am not defending Pogba, but just giving you a different perspective which actually makes the whole saga positive, not negative. He wants to go to a bigger club and win leagues and European trophies, so what? This is totally normal and acceptable. If we had challenged the big trophies and titles, would he want to leave? Well this is just a hypothesis, because currently we aren't a club competing for main trophies.

Of course his agent is a bell_end and these comments are pure filth, but let him be and just accept that it's Raiola's style. If we want to avoid these situations in the future, then only solution would be to avoid dealing with his clients. Simple.

I'd be happy to see a superbly motivated team whose aim is to build a legacy, but it is totally acceptable for players to seek for trophies, glory and a chance to be written in history books. It's the club's, not Pogba's problem. So until we aren't a top club, these things happen. Currently we are a 2nd tier club and this is the reality.

Reactions: Invictus

DanClancy

Its wise to remember we played the team bottom of the table last night, Pogba did nothing against City.

meamth

Bruno had his fair share of brainfart moments too. Some stupid passes in dangerous areas, he did that a lot.

I think there's no way we can convince those guys hating on him. No point talking to them, really.

They know personally, how Pogba thinks about United, about how much he gives a feck, plays for himself, trying to attract potential buyers, bla bla bla.

At the end of the day. You lot don't know shit.

Champagne Football

He's trying to earn a move to Madrid so is finally putting a shift in. He can't be trusted, disrespect the club again and again, he's a brilliant player when he wants to be but doesn't have the work ethic required to ensure consistency in the million miles per hour PL.

meamth

He's trying to earn a move to Madrid so is finally putting a shift in. He can't be trusted, disrespect the club again and again, he's a brilliant player when he wants to be but doesn't have the work ethic required to ensure consistency in the million miles per hour PL.
Source: Trust me I know.

Ace

Even on his worst day, he’s twice the player that Fred is. We need a complete midfield reboot as I don’t see any of our current options as long term solutions for a team aspiring to challenge for titles.

Giggsy13

All this show pony flake has to do is focus, play well and he’ll earn his move back to Juve or Madrid. He was good last night but I wouldn’t let him get anywhere near the Leeds game. I’d probably go back to Fred and McT/VDB.

meamth

All this show pony flake has to do is focus, play well and he’ll earn his move back to Juve or Madrid. He was good last night but I wouldn’t let him get anywhere near the Leeds game. I’d probably go back to Fred and McT/VDB.
Or we can try and reap the benefits of fit and performing Pogba.

If he wants to go, he will get the millions to your beloved club.

And you will be happy.

Giggsy13

Or we can try and reap the benefits of fit and performing Pogba.

If he wants to go, he will get the millions to your beloved club.

And you will be happy.
Sheffield is one game but Leeds will present a different challenge. They’ll press and play a high line, Pogba will need to be disciplined and unfortunately he has shown in his time with us costly lapses in concentration. Also with his recent health history, it may not be worth risking another start in such a short turn around.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Dan this isn't Fifa, every player loses the ball at some point. Do you criticise Bruno when he gives the ball away over and over again and they get a chance?

If you don't like Pogba that's fine but don't go over egging it, he didn't lose the ball in a dangerous position at all last night and made 2 goals, it was a good performance.
From what I've seen this doesn't appear to be the case, though. If Fernandes loses the ball it's normally because he's trying a killer pass around the opposition third or if he does give the ball away cheaply it's in low-percentage areas for a counter. Plus he presses more intensively to win it back.

Pogba seems to routinely lose the ball at least once or twice a game 35 yards from his own goal whilst the team is looking to transition which is particularly dangerous.

Adam-Utd

From what I've seen this doesn't appear to be the case, though. If Fernandes loses the ball it's normally because he's trying a killer pass around the opposition third or if he does give the ball away cheaply it's in low-percentage areas for a counter. Plus he presses more intensively to win it back.

Pogba seems to routinely lose the ball at least once or twice a game 35 yards from his own goal whilst the team is looking to transition which is particularly dangerous.
That's because Pogba plays deeper.

If Bruno played CM he'd be just as guilty, if anything he loses the ball more under zero pressure with unforced errors and just lacking concentration.

We know Pogba has a habit of trying to beat somebody 1v1 while using his body, and he ends up getting caught. That's just a downside he has - but he also has the ability to beat the press and set the team on a dangerous counter attack too (like the 3rd goal)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I said a while back that I could live with him putting in the performances if it garners him a move and ,if this is what it takes, then I haven't changed my opinion.

Heinzesight

Ok, he’s playing well...for him.

But is this really good enough for us? Just because he’s playing better doesn’t mean he’s suddenly the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He has it all, this has never been in doubt. But for every great thing he does, there’s a load of shit which negates it. And it’s the same mistakes over and over again. He doesn’t learn, he doesn’t develop his game and hasn’t since he won the WC.

I’m gutted as I thought he’d be our main man. When he’s gone and we have someone giving 7/8’s out of 10 each game rather than someone (Pogba) giving 9/10 sporadically (not over 90 minutes) with 3/10 performances mixed in then we will be better off long term.

He’s done some fantastic stuff for his YouTube reel these last couple of weeks but his ‘stick your arse out to hold off two players instead of releasing it early and losing it’ signature move may not make the cut.

I’d love it if he could kick on, become more consistent, help to win us a trophy or two but even his biggest fans must see that the likelihood is these ‘better’ performances are a precursor to numerous below par ones.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ok, he’s playing well...for him.

But is this really good enough for us? Just because he’s playing better doesn’t mean he’s suddenly the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He has it all, this has never been in doubt. But for every great thing he does, there’s a load of shit which negates it. And it’s the same mistakes over and over again. He doesn’t learn, he doesn’t develop his game and hasn’t since he won the WC.

I’m gutted as I thought he’d be our main man. When he’s gone and we have someone giving 7/8’s out of 10 each game rather than someone (Pogba) giving 9/10 sporadically (not over 90 minutes) with 3/10 performances mixed in then we will be better off long term.

He’s done some fantastic stuff for his YouTube reel these last couple of weeks but his ‘stick your arse out to hold off two players instead of releasing it early and losing it’ signature move may not make the cut.

I’d love it if he could kick on, become more consistent, help to win us a trophy or two but even his biggest fans must see that the likelihood is these ‘better’ performances are a precursor to numerous below par ones.
Good enough for us? Are we selling nearly the entire first team squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.