Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
despite my last post, whatever reason he has to be playing this bad, he shouldn't be starting. That's Ole's fault thought

ForeverRed1

He's not a anything for us? 5th season now and people still looking for reasons and excuses as to why he's not playing well. It might be hes just not very good. Most over hyped player in memory of man. Shouldn't be getting a new deal. Isn't worth the money.
maybe BUT atleast play him where his strengths lie? He’s a attacking footballer, never has his strengths been defensively. Why not sell him and buy actual holding mildfielders? Not shoe horn people in wrong positions. It doesn’t work unless you’re mo Salah.

starman

:nono:

"asymptomatic" is just an asumption we make, based on the most common symptoms we know the virus provoke. But there is still a lot we don't know about the virus, so he is right, covid might still be affecting Pogba

i recovered 3 months ago from a rather uneventful covid, but i keep feeling "funny" many weeks after even thought i didnt have a headache or fever or any of the typical symptoms
Right, in that, he and you are just searching for excuses.
It could be he is just be playing rubbish, its not like he hasn't looked like this before....
The way people talk about its like he was Kante before he got Covid..

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He was losing most of the 50/50s as well. Looked like he was carrying a bag of cement on his back he was so casual and slow to react.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Paul’s not been in great form and his fitness doesn’t look good, it’s a bit worrying.

Getting corona in pre season has really knocked him, but we know how good he can be.

Unfortunately against teams that press us hard and fast he struggles.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
When did he last have decent game? One could almost start thinking the 90mill player who wanted to be captain, just don't care anymore

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
:lol:

Wow you got touche quick, I know you are talking bs, that's for sure. Go back to playing doctor, be sure to ask for operation for xmas

Edit:
Here you go dummy

The key part of that is he missed preseason preparation. He‘s clearly not as fit as the rest of players.

TsuWave

He looks heavier since he returned from the injury that had him off for ages. Don’t see him bursting forward and he looks slower too

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
1goal in 24 apps last season. Donny got 1 off the bench last weekend ffs. He's not irreplaceable.

Pogba's time is coming to an end at this club. He's been a massive flop and fanboys can't bring themselves to admit it. Never disliked a UTD player as much as I do him. He's so arrogant for a player who delivers so little. Rather have KDB on my team blindfolded than this fraud.

Strelok

Even the commentator said, that position does not suit him! Again and again , we need that diamond midfield. Both Bruno and Paul must be moved up.
Question: where was Lindelof on that VAR saving penalty on Paul? what was Paul doing so deep almost acting like Maguire CB partner? deeper than Victor?
Just like Lamptey's Penalty, what was Bruno doing so deep defending in the box almost alone(Shaw)?
It's not on Shaw. Rashford or Greenwood or whoever played as LW at that moment should track their RB but he didn't. Bruno saw the hole and run back I think.

People are forgetting that Pogba as of 3 weeks ago had Coronavirus. Give him some slack ffs. Calling him embarrassing and a disgrace. He’s clearly not fit and that’s on Ole starting him tbh.

1goal in 24 apps last season. Donny got 1 off the bench last weekend ffs. He's not irreplaceable.

Pogba's time is coming to an end at this club. He's been a massive flop and fanboys can't bring themselves to admit it. Never disliked a UTD player as much as I do him. He's so arrogant for a player who delivers so little. Rather have KDB on my team blindfolded than this fraud.
He was injured for 2/3rds of last season?

Why don’t you quote his stats from 2018/2019 where he made PFA Team of the Season? Your hatred quite clearly blinds you of any rational judgement of Paul Pogba.

VivaRonaldo85

Looks woefully unfit and being played in a ridiculous deep position which doesn’t use any of his decent attacking assets. He is a liability in that deeper role and is a fouling machine.

He needs a month out to get properly match fit and VDB slots in. Then hopefully Ole starts to use him more as an attacking weapon than some weird holding midfielder.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Terrible performance. Just so sloppy, heavy touches, bad passing. Needs to be better otherwise Van de Beek or Fred should take his spot.

hungrywing

He really is a 10/mezzala. Has none of the mental attributes required to play the role Ole's trying to shoe-horn him into. (A few million people have explained why it works for France)

He just has world class moments (that too rarely). He is not a world class player.
More and more people are starting to cop to this. (To be fair, he'd be a bit better if he were moved upfield)

Clermontois

Supports
France
:lol:

Wow you got touche quick, I know you are talking bs, that's for sure. Go back to playing doctor, be sure to ask for operation for xmas

Edit:
Here you go dummy

Disrespected the lad's profession then talks more garbage. Why bother coming to this thread...

He just has world class moments (that too rarely). He is not a world class player.
He is the only one we have. At this moment he is badly in need of match fitness.

Hope he puts in some work on his own because he needs it.

I tend to agree but then he’s played like that plenty of times before Covid-19 existed! That said, he deserves some slack, all things considered. My biggest worry is that he doesn’t work with Bruno in midfield.
The thing is, healthy Pogba and covid Pogba, the difference in terms of levels isn't high
Both are false, I have never seen a more immobile Paul than since he got Corona.

Having seen this virus give people symptoms long after it 'supposedly' left their system I will give him the benefit of doubt.

Holocene

Why don’t you quote his stats from 2018/2019 where he made PFA Team of the Season? Your hatred quite clearly blinds you of any rational judgement of Paul Pogba.
They won't talk about that season since it doesn't fit the agenda.

Any talk of "fan boys" is absolutely cringeworthy. I imagine that term is one of the most used phrases in the Pogba threads in the past few years. Ironic isn't it?

He was dreadful today. Like the majority of our players today.

Onwards to the next match.

Classical Mechanic

Disrespected the lad's profession then talks more garbage. Why bother coming to this thread...

He is the only one we have. At this moment he is badly in need of match fitness.

Hope he puts in some work on his own because he needs it.

Both are false, I have never seen a more immobile Paul than since he got Corona.

Having seen this virus give people symptoms long after it 'supposedly' left their system I will give him the benefit of doubt.
He has played as badly as that before, most notably when we collapsed at the end of Ole’s first season. He was unbelievably awful in those last games of the season.

Long Covid seems a stretch but he did miss some training I imagine.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Basically when i see the United team before the match and Pogba starts, i say to myself, i hope Pogba turns up. You just dont know which Paul Pogba will turn up.

You dont say the same of De Bruyne or the Liverpool MF. You know, week in week out, they will give 100%.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’m a huge critic of his but it’s clear he isn’t fully fit at present.

Born2Lose

He can't coast as much this season, there's far much more competition for places in midfield thankfully.

AneRu

Why is he starting PL matches just a few weeks after recovering from COVID.

Ace of Spades

He was awful. Needs to improve a lot. Just looks unfit. Somehow looked less agile and slower than Matic, quite an achievement.

finneh

If COVID is the excuse some of you are using for abysmal performances- what explains the tripe he’s served up the past three years?
Some people have heard of long-Covid; however very few have heard of the rare condition Pogba has suffered since May 2019 "pre-Covid".

The only thing more tiresome than these performances is the mental gymnastics some go through to try and excuse them.

Of course he's usually much better than this, sometimes even unplayable, but he's definitely got this sort of performance in him and they're not all that rare.

Idxomer

Whatever his detractors say, he is never as bad as the last 2 games.

Even in his worst games before he usually created a couple of chances and made at least one good run from the midfield.

They need to find a plan to get his fitness up.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's a problem for us trying to build any kind of balanced midfield with both him and Fernandes in it. His lack of workrate and intensity for CM will never change.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

My hatred? Plenty on here now having a go.

5 seasons and people still making excuses for him. He's been a shite signing. End of story. One good period of 4 months when Ole took over as caretaker aside he's been embarrassing. Doesn't even try most weeks.

Seveneric

So, fans on the internet think he's not fit to play due to Covid, but United with their world class team of doctors and medical equipment passed him fit.

The club really must be run by negligent morons out to destroy players.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Yeah it’s corona. I’ll add that to the 37 other excuses created by you and other fanboys in last 4 years.

he’s not even a show pony anymore. Fellaini consistently offered more in midfield

tell you what, ring up your mate Paul and take him back to France so you can have him all to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.