6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad

He gave away his 3rd pen in his last 4 league starts at OT.

He's an absolute joke.
Won’t disagree with that but like I said most the team didn’t play well. I’m not defending him because he was really poor but everyone was to blame for the poor performance.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I don't know why he ever decided to be a midfielder anyway...should have been. Centre forward. I don't think I can recall a midfielder who is as bad at defending as he is... Plus at least if he was a forward he could afford to stand around and do nothing.
Even forwards can't do that anymore. He is in his peak years, zero progression.

Actually, he is going backwards. At this rate, he will leave on a free again.

Holocene

He's a symptom of the problem.

Let's say for arguments sake, we could sell Pogba right now. He's gone to Madrid and we never have to watch him play for United ever again. Most of the Caf' get their wish.

Do we suddenly start playing like a team? Do we win the league? How about even beating an average Arsenal side at Old Trafford?

The answer is no. What actually happens in this scenario is the same as before: we're still an incredibly inconsistent team that can go from a brilliant performance to a shocking performance within a week.

We are too reliant on individual brilliance and opponent teams that leave lots of space to exploit in behind. If our players have an off day or the opponent team sits deep, we struggle.

All of United's current problems point to the coaching or lack thereof.

I'm all for selling Pogba if we get a great price for him, but the same issues will be there. Nothing will change.

Heinzesight

Imagine the abuse he’d get if crowds were allowed. I just hope he was left on in order to hang him out to dry.

M16Red

Someone do a montage of that second half. It was a horror show. You would swear he was a pub player he was so bad.
He was just as bad in the first half. @GifLord, please it would be like watching the new version of ghost busters tragic to watch but yet a small hope that something good happens

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Let's say for arguments sake, we could sell Pogba right now. He's gone to Madrid and we never have to watch him play for United ever again. Most of the Caf' get their wish.

Do we suddenly start playing like a team? Do we win the league? How about even beating an average Arsenal side at Old Trafford?

The answer is no. What actually happens in this scenario is the same as before: we're still an incredibly inconsistent team that can go from a brilliant performance to a shocking performance within a week.

We are too reliant on individual brilliance and opponent teams that leave lots of space to exploit in behind. If our players have an off day or the opponent team sits deep, we struggle.

I'm all for selling Pogba if we get a great price for him, but the same issues will be there. Nothing will change.
I don’t agree, I actually think we’d work more as a unit together, kind of like when Ruud left

Holocene

I don’t agree, I actually think we’d work more as a unit together, kind of like when Ruud left
Fair enough. I don't think it makes much of a difference. We're an incredibly inconsistent team with lots of talented players. The manager has to get more out of them.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Djemba-Djemba

Won’t disagree with that but like I said most the team didn’t play well. I’m not defending him because he was really poor but everyone was to blame for the poor performance.
It's the Pogba thread.

Everyone was awful yes, but we've had 5 years of this from Pogba.

As I keep saying this is the 3rd penalty he's given away in his last 4 league starts at Old Trafford.

He's a complete joke.

Hammondo

We played like a team every time we play without him.

He's one of the main reasons we struggle Vs deep teams.

PoTMS

The moment we stop trying to shoehorn him into the team and get rid of him will be the moment we start moving forward as a club.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He gave away his 3rd pen in his last 4 league starts at OT.

He's an absolute joke.
And every one of them following an absolutely brain dead decision. The guy is a literal footballing idiot, no doubt about it.

I actually thought his overall performance wasn’t too bad today. He’s played a lot worse, that’s for damn sure. At the end of the day, though, this makes our results with/without him in big games look even worse. And the ratio was already diabolical.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Getting rid of him Pogba will make things easier, because he's too big of a person to be left on the bench. At the same time it's quite clear he doesn't offer us anything we don't already have. He can't play in midfield, can't be trusted to defend, is definitely not better than Bruno.

I've said it last season in this thread, if there's any sensible offer we should sell and use the money for player in position to we're weak.

At this point there is no reason why we shouldn't sell him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We played like a team every time we play without him.

He's one of the main reasons we struggle Vs deep teams.
This. He is a serious weak link in the chain and you are only as strong as your weakest link.

He is simply not a good player. He cannot retain the ball under pressure. He cannot work hard enough. He is reactive and not proactive.

If he had never been in Uniteds academy, you would wonder whether he would have made it at all.

Any of these big games where we start Pogba, i always say we are in trouble. Because you just dont know how he will mess up.

Surely Ole can see this. I would have to question Ole as to how he keeps persisting with him. A pundit a while back said klopp would not even take him on a free.

Foxbatt

I would rather have Fellaini than him. At least with Fellaini you know what he can do and he cannot do and he is very good at what he can do.

Getting rid of him Pogba will make things easier, because he's too big of a person to be left on the bench. At the same time it's quite clear he doesn't offer us anything we don't already have. He can't play in midfield, can't be trusted to defend, is definitely not better than Bruno.

I've said it last season in this thread, if there's any sensible offer we should sell and use the money for player in position to we're weak.

At this point there is no reason why we shouldn't sell him.
Of course... im sure the same was said about Rooney, Di Maria, Lukaku, Smalling, Fellaini etc and yet here we are, we still have problems.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Of course... im sure the same was said about Rooney, Di Maria, Lukaku, Smalling, Fellaini etc and yet here we are, we still have problems.
Getting rid of players is not a solution to all our problems, you can't be so naive to think that. But we need to think what we expect to get from Pogba and how he fits into that team - what do you think that is? Do you think he can offer that and push us forward?
For me he doesn't fit and he doesn't offer anything special, unless you think we can keep him on the bench.

Pav1878

Pogba played today against the type of player we thought we were getting.

Partey embarassed him today, and pogba should be ashamed of himself.
He is without doubt the most overrated player I have ever seen.

I have defended him up to now but I'm done. He needs to go. He isn't the only problem and not the only one who didn't play well, but getting rid would be a good start.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You should be able to call upon your 90m so called superstar more than a handful of games a season surely?

City must get 30 to 35 good or very good performances out of KDB over a season.

How many do we get out of this muppet? 5 if we're lucky.

He's a bang average player who can't handle being pressed and haraassed. He gives the ball away so cheaply it's scary.

Get rid. Sick of the circus and sick of the excuses. We won't even miss him either which says it all.

Hammondo

Yet our best results in recent years came without them starting I believe.

Oranges038

I've said it before he's a gifted player with a terrible attitude and work ethic. Fergie was right, I could count on one finger how many players he was wrong about in his time.

Pogba just does not care, he doesn't care about Man Utd, he doesn't care about his team, he doesn't care whether he wins or loses. You can see that when he gets up smiling after giving away a penalty.

He has his world cup medal. He's happy with that, he's reached the very top, it's never going to get better. He has no motivation left to achieve more.

Lentwood

I don’t agree

We started with this ridiculous diamond that invites the press to accommodate Pogba

Unsurprisingly, it doesn’t work (how many teams have ever effectively played with a diamond?)

Pogba is then shifted to AML because it’s obvious we have to change shape. We then begin to start beating the press and maintaining possession in Arsenal’s half. Suddenly it looks like we’re on the front foot.

But nope. Pogba gives a penalty away out of absolutely nothing. From then on, it’s going to be a very difficult ask to get back in the game. Especially with Paul “8 touches” Pogba playing at AM

So we start in a formation that doesn’t suit to accommodate a player who has barely had a good game for us in 2yrs. We get better after we change that formation and then THAT player gives away the only goal of the game.

At this point, we can debate about whether he is our ONLY problem (i am sure he’s not) but he is by far our BIGGEST problem

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I don’t agree

We started with this ridiculous diamond that invites the press to accommodate Pogba

Unsurprisingly, it doesn’t work (how many teams have ever effectively played with a diamond?)

Pogba is then shifted to AML because it’s obvious we have to change shape. We then begin to start beating the press and maintaining possession in Arsenal’s half. Suddenly it looks like we’re on the front foot.

But nope. Pogba gives a penalty away out of absolutely nothing. From then on, it’s going to be a very difficult ask to get back in the game. Especially with Paul “8 touches” Pogba playing at AM

So we start in a formation that doesn’t suit to accommodate a player who has barely had a good game for us in 2yrs. We get better after we change that formation and then THAT player gives away the only goal of the game.

At this point, we can debate about whether he is our ONLY problem (i am sure he’s not) but he is by far our BIGGEST problem
This.

UbicaMekogSrca

Supports
FK Sloboda
Who ever is blaming Pogba for today game should have his head cheked. Boy was trying. He is just player playing in the wrong system. I dont blame him at all. And I am not big fan of him.

Brophs

The One and Only
I can't be arsed with the usual 'He's shit/he's great' debate but we look like we're going to paint ourselves into a corner where the options are either to lose a big name player for a relatively small fee, or sleepwalk into giving a player who isn't exactly on an upward curve a massive new contract". I suspect he'll be back at Juve next summer.

VivaRonaldo85

The definition of madness is trying to do the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. It just ain’t working depressingly. Square peg into round holes. This sums up a lot of Pogba’s time at United second time around.

Lentwood

I can't be arsed with the usual 'He's shit/he's great' debate but we look like we're going to paint ourselves into a corner where the options are either to lose a big name player for a relatively small fee, or sleepwalk into giving a player who isn't exactly on an upward curve a massive new contract". I suspect he'll be back at Juve next summer.
I couldn’t care what fee we get for him. We’ve got 5 midfielders who are all more effective footballers than Paul Pogba.

At this point, I never want to see him in a Utd shirt again. Sick of every other player having to sacrifice their game and the team being built around a Futsal player

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The definition of madness is trying to do the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. It just ain’t working depressingly. Square peg into round holes. This sums up a lot of Pogba’s time at United second time around.
This. We must have tried every formation to accomodate him and nothing works.

jesperjaap

Sick of reading some of the bs excuses for Pogba. "SYstem doesnt suit him" "Not suited to English football" "Not good enough players alongside him" "Not him its the manager" etc etc etc

There is no doubt he is a very talented player. But kets forget the world cup where he was very good but not brilliant and international football as a whole, as its irelevant. Club football, he has hardly ever stepped up to the plate in big games, seen it in the champions league with Juventus, many a time for ourselves.

For me it isnt even inconsitency game to game, its even within a game. For every brilliant thing he does, as he does do some fantastic passes, touches and driving runs.....he will also do just as many poor things game in and game out for us. Giving the ball away in our own third, lazy pass, not tracking a runner, silly fouls etc etc. There is no doubt he has great ability, thats why big clubs are still interested in him, but he is in his prime years, he has been here a long time and we should be seeign world class performances....he has done that consitently for 3months....in over 4years at the club. It doenst matter if he is our most talented player or not, that simply isnt good enough and does nothing to justify his transfer or even place in the side. For me he is done here, times up

el3mel

I would rather have Fellaini than him. At least with Fellaini you know what he can do and he cannot do and he is very good at what he can do.
People won't like it but I strongly believe Fellaini gave us more than Pogba during their time here, considering the quality of each one of them and the expectations.

Foxbatt

I couldn’t care what fee we get for him. We’ve got 5 midfielders who are all more effective footballers than Paul Pogba.

At this point, I never want to see him in a Utd shirt again. Sick of every other player having to sacrifice their game and the team being built around a Futsal player
I normally have disagreements about what you say but this one I wholeheartedly agree with you. The sooner we get rid of him the better. DVB would have played a lot better than Pogba did today. Even Matic would have. If we had played Matic instead of Fred as the DM with Fred pushed a bit forward we would have played a lot better.

Renegade

I don’t care what anyone says, he doesn’t make that “challenge” if he was playing for France. I think he just isn’t that bothered. Bellerin is running away from goal there’s absolutely no need. Simply not learning from past mistakes.

Classical Mechanic

Problem is that because of his contract we‘re at a crossroads. Do we give him a mega contract to keep or get a fee for him this summer. I’d favour the latter, all things considered.

The Irish Connection

Pogba played today against the type of player we thought we were getting.

Partey embarassed him today, and pogba should be ashamed of himself.
He is without doubt the most overrated player I have ever seen.

I have defended him up to now but I'm done. He needs to go. He isn't the only problem and not the only one who didn't play well, but getting rid would be a good start.
Exactly. A competent director of football would have sold pogba and brought in Partey for half the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.