6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

People won't like it but I strongly believe Fellaini gave us more than Pogba during their time here, considering the quality of each one of them and the expectations.
Yes he always gives 100% and you know that if you get the ball in the air Fellaini would control it with his chest. You get it in the air in the opposition box and he is going to cause the other team problems.

el3mel

Of course... im sure the same was said about Rooney, Di Maria, Lukaku, Smalling, Fellaini etc and yet here we are, we still have problems.
Getting rid of Rooney made things easier though. He was at the same spot of current Pogba, being shoehorned in every lineup and changing everyone's else position just to find a place for Wayne on the pitch. 5 years later and we're now doing the same mistake with Pogba.

He's tactically a headache and I have no doubt managers will find it easier to select formations without his shadow looming large over their head.

fps

Pogba plays like he’s permanently warming up. Everything’s just “another chunk of football” to him. Hence sometimes he fancies it, sometimes he doesn’t, and either is fine by him. In some ways winning the World Cup is the worst thing that could have happened to him too, he’ll always have that now, so there it is, he’ll be remembered, done.

NoLogo

I would rather have Fellaini than him. At least with Fellaini you know what he can do and he cannot do and he is very good at what he can do.
No. Let's just not buy tall lumbering tankers anymore. Let's just do what any sane club does and buy players who can run and play one touch football. No Fellainis, no Pogbas, no Matics, no Maguires anymore. I'm sick of these slow ass oafs who every average player in the league will run circles around.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He’s shite and when will anyone convince me otherwise? O’Shea was a more reliable midfielder. He was.

Untd55

He doesn't actually look all that bothered anymore. He used to do more running forward to get near the box, but now he just hangs back all the time.

I know people aren't going to want to hear it, but I actually think he was better under Mourinho in the first and second season. I think he has gone downhill since then (bar the stint at the start of Solskjaer's management).

mu4c_20le

I would rather have Fellaini than him. At least with Fellaini you know what he can do and he cannot do and he is very good at what he can do.
I normally have disagreements about what you say but this one I wholeheartedly agree with you. The sooner we get rid of him the better. DVB would have played a lot better than Pogba did today. Even Matic would have. If we had played Matic instead of Fred as the DM with Fred pushed a bit forward we would have played a lot better.
I normally think your opinions are shite and today has been no exception. No surprise that you've been one of the most active today. Must be tricky having multiple tabs open and posting at full speed.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
For the last year or so, i have become nervous when seeing Pogba name on the team sheet prior to kickoff. When he starts i think we are in trouble.

He seems to play better when coming off the bench for some reason.

Pav1878

Who ever is blaming Pogba for today game should have his head cheked. Boy was trying. He is just player playing in the wrong system. I dont blame him at all. And I am not big fan of him.
You obviously were watching a different game. What a joke of a post. You must be on the wind up.

The guy was garbage from start to finish and the criticism he is getting is fully justified. I would go and check your own head. It fans like you making excuses for him that is the problem.
The guy has gotten away with shite performances for five years. Time to go.

Gavinb33

He reminds of those F2 YouTube guys, where when they have the ball they can do anything pretty much, but in a real game without time or space they are useless, Pogba has 0 football awareness when he doesn't have the ball its like doing this part of the game is almost beneath him

dal

When I look at all the midfielders we’ve had who have been regulars in the last 15 years, I’d say Pogba is probably around the level of Anderson.

However Anderson when fit would be quite good. The fletcher carrick anderson axis worked well.

Im not putting Paul down it’s just he’s a luxury player and I genuinely see him around what Anderson gave us and Anderson wasn’t all that bad tbh.

mav_9me

I think ole is doomed anyway but if he doesn't get Pogba out of the lineup then it will end sooner than later. Tbf he has gotten him out of the starting midfield 2. Next step out of starting 11. Unfortunately he is not in a strong enough position to do it.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
It's not even like you get much attacking output from him.

He's scored 2 goals in about 18 months
One of which was off target by miles and got deflected off a defender and went in.

Most overhyped player I have ever seen.

Hammondo

No it wasn't. Lack of wingers, Martial suspension, and some continuation from the Leipzig success was the reason for the system.
No it was to get him in his best position without the opposition just walking through our defence.

AshRK

I will say again he is not a worldclass midfielder. He just has some worldclass moments and that too very rarely. I don't mind players having bad games, but his brainfart moments are too many. He keeps his brain in the lockeroom and come out to play. Brainless overrated player.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
And every one of them following an absolutely brain dead decision. The guy is a literal footballing idiot, no doubt about it.

I actually thought his overall performance wasn’t too bad today. He’s played a lot worse, that’s for damn sure. At the end of the day, though, this makes our results with/without him in big games look even worse. And the ratio was already diabolical.
This unfortunately, seriously lacks footballing intelligence. If only he had the workrate or the mentality to compensate for it, but no. Those are non-existent too. Besides, as 'technically gifted' as he is, he's not outrageously talented like a KDB, Iniesta, Modric, Verratti etc and the sad thing is these players exhibit more fight and desire than this limp fish.

Lentwood

I don’t think I have ever been as disgusted by a United player in my life.

Sure, I’ve seen some poor players in 30yrs religiously following the club but I don’t think I’ve felt actual disgust towards one player before. He’s not only crap but he makes everybody else around him look worse by proxy. Should have been kicked out years ago.

DarnleyDevil7

I have never wanted any player to prove the critics wrong more than Pogba. Not sure what I love about him. Maybe its the swagger and arrogance he has when he's on form and a character like that belongs at Old Trafford. But enough is enough. When he is named in the team we are a man down and most weeks he has a negative effect, be it his carelessness or lack of hunger. I am not for one minute suggesting he is the sole issue we have, but Ole needs to drop him and try something else before its too late.

eire-red

He's a symptom of the problem.

Let's say for arguments sake, we could sell Pogba right now. He's gone to Madrid and we never have to watch him play for United ever again. Most of the Caf' get their wish.

Do we suddenly start playing like a team? Do we win the league? How about even beating an average Arsenal side at Old Trafford?

The answer is no. What actually happens in this scenario is the same as before: we're still an incredibly inconsistent team that can go from a brilliant performance to a shocking performance within a week.

We are too reliant on individual brilliance and opponent teams that leave lots of space to exploit in behind. If our players have an off day or the opponent team sits deep, we struggle.

All of United's current problems point to the coaching or lack thereof.

I'm all for selling Pogba if we get a great price for him, but the same issues will be there. Nothing will change.
What if we used the money to invest in all round midfield players like Zakaria? Or genuine wingers who provide width and are able to stretch teams and get to the byline?

Ole is trying to shoehorn Pogba into the team at the moment. The truth is that the only position he's effective in is occupied by Bruno, and Bruno is much better than him.

I imagine we want to keep him for a number of reasons (reputation, commercial, his potential talent), but the truth is that at the moment it's not working. Ole needs to figure out quickly a way to get the best out of all his midfield players, and if that involves letting some go then so be it. The squad is looking a little unbalanced as it is.

I agree with you though, he's a symptom and not the sickness itself. But at the moment, he's the biggest liability in that squad. A weird part of me feels like selling him might be the final piece of cleansing that team of all the negativity from Mourinho.

A part of me just wants to not have to always discuss what's wrong with him. It's becoming tiring, just like it was with Sanchez. I'd rather be discussing how Bruno, Mata and van de Beek link up so well, instead of having to listen how we'll manage to also 'get the best out of Pogba'.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
How many penalties has he conceded? Getting sick and tired of him. I was relieved Ole finally saw fit to drop him from th first eleven but the game he comes back, bam, shit performance and a loss.

automaticflare

What if we used the money to invest in all round midfield players like Zakaria? Or genuine wingers who provide width and are able to stretch teams and get to the byline?

Ole is trying to shoehorn Pogba into the team at the moment. The truth is that the only position he's effective in is occupied by Bruno, and Bruno is much better than him.

I imagine we want to keep him for a number of reasons (reputation, commercial, his potential talent), but the truth is that at the moment it's not working. Ole needs to figure out quickly a way to get the best out of all his midfield players, and if that involves letting some go then so be it. The squad is looking a little unbalanced as it is.

I agree with you though, he's a symptom and not the sickness itself. But at the moment, he's the biggest liability in that squad. A weird part of me feels like selling him might be the final piece of cleansing that team of all the negativity from Mourinho.

A part of me just wants to not have to always discuss what's wrong with him. It's becoming tiring, just like it was with Sanchez. I'd rather be discussing how Bruno, Mata and van de Beek link up so well, instead of having to listen how we'll manage to also 'get the best out of Pogba'.
Nah your nuts pal. We have 6 midfielders and we can’t accommodate them all.

our best has been Bruno since he came. It’s up to pogba to prove he is better than him or the others and quite simple he is not. I don’t think he has the desire to outwork mctominay or Fred and takes too many touches to be as effective as Bruno

I don’t believe Fred or mctominay are first names on a championship winning team but neither did I think Jordan Henderson was. I’d settle for work rate and consistently relying on martial rashford and Bruno for magic right now over pogba. We are waiting too long.

lex talionis

Horrific performance today. And no, let’s not start getting misty-eyed over Fellaini.

I still highly rate Pogba, but he’s been dire for is for too long and when January comes we should take 90m from Real to get him off our books. We can work out suitable replacements for him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
At this point I honestly think his issues is his mentality, lack of commitment, and losing focus. I'd question his technique on the ball too but it's not his biggest issue.

2 seasons ago he was the star of the team, and clearly motivated. He's now in Bruno, Rashford, maybe even Greenwood shadow. Maybe that's bothering him. I've seen it before in players who didn't fulfill their potential.
Not that it changes anything because the manager has to pick best XI, and Pogba shouldn't be a part of that.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I still highly rate Pogba, but he’s been dire for is for too long and when January comes we should take 90m from Real to get him off our books. We can work out suitable replacements for him.
If he continues like this and in this financial climate with year and a half on a current contract no one will offer that money.

Tel074

Who ever is blaming Pogba for today game should have his head cheked. Boy was trying. He is just player playing in the wrong system. I dont blame him at all. And I am not big fan of him.
The wrong system ? Sweet Christ we have tried every system knowing to man and he's been shite in every one of them

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The wrong system ? Sweet Christ we have tried every system knowing to man and he's been shite in every one of them

:lol: :lol: :lol: We must have tried about twenty different formations and he is rubbish in all of them.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Johann Cruyff said that true technique is being able to pass the ball with one touch accurately and at the right speed. This is the opposite of what Pogba can do. He takes about ten touches and tries to beat his man.

At this stage he is a liability.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we will have a problem getting rid of him at this stage. Who will take on his 300k a week wages?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yep. Every system, every player. He can't do any of them.

Devil81

What the hell is he, he's regressed as a footballer so much I no longer know what kind of player he is anymore.

Refuses to keep it simple for United, the guy is dreadful for the team and whenever he starts we suffer as he won't just keep things simple.

Someone needs to shake him by the shoulders and tell him he's not as good as he thinks he is, I'm sick of the sight of him.

He cost us today, and it annoys me he stayed on the field.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
How much do people think we can genuinely get for him?
With contract running down too.
I think 40m is a decent return unless he dramatically ups his game and puts himself in the shop window.
I fear another 18 months of this before him leaving on a free

Robaldo

I genuinely believe we’re better off running his contract down than renewing; would sell for any fee.

Liability defensively and doesn’t come close to making up for it via attacking output.

Pav1878

What the hell is he, he's regressed as a footballer so much I no longer know what kind of player he is anymore.

Refuses to keep it simple for United, the guy is dreadful for the team and whenever he starts we suffer as he won't just keep things simple.

Someone needs to shake him by the shoulders and tell him he's not as good as he thinks he is, I'm sick of the sight of him.

He cost us today, and it annoys me he stayed on the field.
This!

The fact that we have to keep having these debates about his best position and system to get the best out of him, tells us all about how good he is. Partey just plays, and does everything well. He's a good all round player, and he's done it immediately, no bedding in, no treating him with kid gloves or making excuses.

There finally seems to be a groundswell of opinion now that he is not suited to our team, and that we need to move him on.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
All he had to do was turn up in one game and get his place back.

Back to having his usual stinkers for like 10 games until the manager drops him again.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Have we tried our doughnut formation we used from 2010 - 2013 yet to get the best out of him?
Please just don’t play him anymore, unless it is for the last 20 - 25 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.