Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s definitely going to leave the cold, wet climate of Italy to head to Dubai for some warm weather training

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
3 weeks of training and he's having Dubai withdrawal symptoms, he may as well seek residency in Dubai at this point.

klayton88

Hel be off to video himself playing basketball or dancing in Dubai then.

TsuWave

Two pages of dunking on a injured player, that doesn’t even play for United. Crazy

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That's reading it out of context. I don't wish him injury, but given that he is injured, I don't feel sorry for him. He's been injured almost his entire stay with us, barely contributed anything and then goes trash talking as if he is superior to United who let him down and how he is going to "show us our place and teach us a lesson". The only thing he should be teaching is humility to himself and how to stay injury free and contribute back to clubs that pay him his wages. Hopefully, he doesn't do to Juve what he did to us.
It's not about wishing him an injury. You just seemed very happy that it happened to him.
I just don't get that, it's just wrong IMHO

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
An awful lot of bitterness in this thread.

If anything it just shows his body is failing him, rather than him not wanting to play over the last few seasons.

cyberman

An awful lot of bitterness in this thread.

If anything it just shows his body is failing him, rather than him not wanting to play over the last few seasons.
Maybe if he stayed at the club with some of the best medical facilities in the world instead of treating long term injuries like holiday opportunities he wouldn’t be in this mess

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Probably the only player in football who looks forward to getting himself injured. Dance practice in Dubai, here we go!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Enough time to do part 2 of the doc.

kouroux

Maybe if he stayed at the club with some of the best medical facilities in the world instead of treating long term injuries like holiday opportunities he wouldn’t be in this mess
As much as you'd want it to be true, it doesn't work like that. Phil Jones hasn't been traveling around and we all know his medical record

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
As much as you'd want it to be true, it doesn't work like that. Phil Jones hasn't been traveling around and we all know his medical record
And United do not have some of the best medical facilities in the world, not even close. No Football club has one.

Edit: Milan used to but it's not the case anymore.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I always maintained he did us a favour leaving. Constantly injured and difficult to fit into a team, we can only move forward with him gone.
I think the majority agree with that.

cyberman

There are injury prone players but taking yourself away from your club and following your own treatment schedule just isn’t optimal.

Born2Lose

I get the feeling we'll get constant reminders of how much better off we were to get rid of him. Said it at the time, but one of my big concerns was the amount of injuries he was getting and the amount of miles on the clock.

Although I do hope for his sake that he recovers in time for the WC, it would be very interesting to see how well France would do without him. I'm not sure he's quite as insturmental as his fanboys claim.

kouroux

There are injury prone players but taking yourself away from your club and following your own treatment schedule just isn’t optimal.
He's followed by doctors and has always left with the club's blessings. The rest is pure fantasy. Pogba is an injury prone player and that's it

cyberman

And United do not have some of the best medical facilities in the world, not even close. No Football club has one.

Edit: Milan used to but it's not the case anymore.
Of course they do. The faculties will be in the top elite percentage of medical facilities simply because of funding. Also there isn’t many different ways to treat a pulled thigh muscle etc.
Whatever you think of football medical facilities, Dubai and Pogbas personal recovery plan isn’t worth so much more that he can uproot from Manchester to the point the club had no idea what his recovery plan was or even know how well it was going. Then it’s the simply fact that going away didn’t speed up his recovery time, if Pogba was out for two months he was out for two months. Jetting off to Dubai did jack shit apart from wanting to go to Dubai.

miked99

I never get why we have threads on ex players. They've left, might as well not exist for all I care. Twelve pages and the season hasn't even started yet. It's like stalking an ex and leaving bitter comments everywhere whilst maintaining you don't care :lol:

cyberman

He's followed by doctors and has always left with the club's blessings. The rest is pure fantasy. Pogba is an injury prone player and that's it
First thing Rangnick made a point of criticising the club over was allowing Pogba to recover away from the club.
Where is the fantasy? Because Woodward allowed it means it was ok?
Let’s see who jets out to Dubai under ETH watch.

romufc

I never get why we have threads on ex players. They've left, might as well not exist for all I care. Twelve pages and the season hasn't even started yet. It's like stalking an ex and leaving bitter comments everywhere whilst maintaining you don't care :lol:
Its a football forum.

If you dont get it, you dont need to go into the thread and post.

JPRouve

Scout
Of course they do. The faculties will be in the top elite percentage of medical facilities simply because of funding. Also there isn’t many different ways to treat a pulled thigh muscle etc.
Whatever you think of football medical facilities, Dubai and Pogbas personal recovery plan isn’t worth so much more that he can uproot from Manchester to the point the club had no idea what his recovery plan was or even know how well it was going. Then it’s the simply fact that going away didn’t speed up his recovery time, if Pogba was out for two months he was out for two months. Jetting off to Dubai did jack shit apart from wanting to go to Dubai.
No, they don't and it's not even up for debate. No Football club has medical facilities even close to NFL franchises medical facilities and they themselves don't have facilities at the level of specialized structures within the US which is why athletes are routinely sent to Arizona and Florida when they have long term rehabs. Then you have the most recent trend of sports medical tourism with Doha and Dubai building the best facilities in the world and hiring a large amount of the best professionals.

cyberman

No, they don't and it's not even up for debate. No Football club has medical facilities even close to NFL franchises medical facilities and they themselves don't have facilities at the level of specialized structures within the US which is why athletes are routinely sent to Arizona and Florida when they have long term rehabs. Then you have the most recent trend of sports medical tourism with Doha and Dubai building the best facilities in the world and hiring a large amount of the best professionals.
You seem to be arguing a point I didn’t make. I didn’t say football had the best medical departments in the world, I said amongst the best. How much further along can one multi million pound facility cure a torn hamstring over another?
Any proof that heading to Dubai helps a player recover from a pulled thigh muscle quicker than players who stay at their clubs? Because Pogba didn’t recover any faster than Initial timetables suggested. Can it help keep him injury free because, again, Pogba isn’t proof of that as well. Has there been any benefits from Paul heading out there at all? Just one?
If they were that good why doesn’t clubs send all player who are out for a while to Dubai?

JPRouve

Scout
You seem to be arguing a point I didn’t make. I didn’t say football had the best medical departments in the world, I said amongst the best. How much further along can one multi million pound facility cure a torn hamstring over another?
Any proof that heading to Dubai helps a player recover from a pulled thigh muscle quicker than players who stay at their clubs? Because Pogba didn’t recover any faster than Initial timetables suggested. Can it help keep him injury free because, again, Pogba isn’t proof of that as well. Has there been any benefits from Paul heading out there at all? Just one?
If they were that good why doesn’t clubs send all player who are out for a while to Dubai?
They have fairly standard medical departments that have limited capacities, they are able to manage standard protocols but they do send players abroad all the time, Van Dijk was in Dubai in December for his rehab, as were TAA , Sakho, Sterling and many others earlier this year. De Bruyne did part of his rehab in Barcelona. Many also go to Aspetar in Doha.

kouroux

First thing Rangnick made a point of criticising the club over was allowing Pogba to recover away from the club.
Where is the fantasy? Because Woodward allowed it means it was ok?
Let’s see who jets out to Dubai under ETH watch.
The point is that Pogba didn't choose to go rehab there unilaterally . Players do it often with their respective clubs approval.

crossy1686

career ending
The point is that Pogba didn't choose to go rehab there unilaterally . Players do it often with their respective clubs approval.
Correct, they do. A lot of them go there during the off season or when they haven’t been called up to international duty or have warm weather training camps. Also worth noting that clubs that have no control over their players or have terrible facilities allow their players to fly 10 hours to Dubai to ‘recover’. It’s fairly obvious where United fit under previous management.