Paul Pogba - Juventus player

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
What Sánchez? Alexis? He's doing pretty good in Marseille.
Fair play to him, but was pretry much useless his last season at Arsenal, United and Inter at the highest level. Great that he's found some form back yes, but we should have enjoyed him far longer at the highest stage.

Nicolarra90

Fair play to him, but was pretry much useless his last season at Arsenal, United and Inter at the highest level. Great that he's found some form back yes, but we should have enjoyed him far longer at the highest stage.
He had some off field issues those years added to him losing pace.
We should have used him as a 9 as he is now in Marseille. He'd be more useful than Martial or WW.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He had some off field issues those years added to him losing pace.
We should have used him as a 9 as he is now in Marseille. He'd be more useful than Martial or WW.
Which off field issues? I agree with you otherwise although I can't remember if we never used him centrally.

Cloud7

Man he's become a proper Hargreaves now. Really sad for a man who was my favorite player for many years.

Nicolarra90

Which off field issues? I agree with you otherwise although I can't remember if we never used him centrally.
He was always really closed about his personal life. Probably really focused in football before.
Around his last year in Arsenal he started a relationship with a very well known model/actress from Chile and broke up about 1-2 years, by the time we were still with mou.
After that even his performances for Chile went rock bottom and we choked the Russia 18 qualification on GD.
He looked sad for a long time and his situation at United didn't help.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He was always really closed about his personal life. Probably really focused in football before.
Around his last year in Arsenal he started a relationship with a very well known model/actress from Chile and broke up about 1-2 years, by the time we were still with mou.
After that even his performances for Chile went rock bottom and we choked the Russia 18 qualification on GD.
Didn't know that, thanks mate!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Allegri: "I wanted to test Paul (Pogba) at the start of the game when the rhythm of the game is different. The motion of kicking a ball can affect the quadriceps. We are all sorry for him. Paul is a man with 3 children, he has the broad shoulders to overcome this injury."

The caf likes to joke about how players who have turned 30 have a foot in the grave but there might actually be some truth in that statement.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Such weak mentality then.

Real Name

Allegri: "I wanted to test Paul (Pogba) at the start of the game when the rhythm of the game is different. The motion of kicking a ball can affect the quadriceps. We are all sorry for him. Paul is a man with 3 children, he has the broad shoulders to overcome this injury."

The caf likes to joke about how players who have turned 30 have a foot in the grave but there might actually be some truth in that statement.
Isn't it all Ole's fault?

pacifictheme

Saw some sarcastic comments about not everyone being able to come in clutch against Sevilla after the other night. Oh dear.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Not everyone is robotic.
Jesus Christ, what a comment. So whoever loses form and is sad cause of a break up or something else what happened in his life has 'weak mentality'....
It was a breakup between couple, not a marriage divorce. He can be sad, but he shouldn't let it affect his form.

People flopping at their work due to a breakup in other industries may even get a fine, usually at least a scolding from their boss.

Real Name

It was a breakup between couple, not a marriage divorce. He can be sad, but he shouldn't let it affect his form.

People flopping at their work due to a breakup in other industries may even get a fine, usually at least a scolding from their boss.
Always love these comparisons as they rarely work. Also I dont think his form dipped just cause of the breakup.

thisISben

People deal with difficult moments in their life differently. Someone people could likely be a trooper but then others could become genuinely depressed.

No sane company fines a player with mental health issues, unless the person is purposefully taking advantage.

I feel that people who haven’t gone through serious mental health difficulties really don’t have a clue what it’s like. The ignorance is awful.

Let’s not forget Tyson Fury won and had very thing yet still wanted to end his own life. Let’s not play anything down.

jeepers

Never nice to see an athlete have injury issues but it's hilarious that it's Juve's problem now and not ours. It was clear towards the end of his United career that he was gone physically and his injuries had finally caught up with him.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I feel for pogba, not a fan by any stretch but I don't wish injuries on players, but juve however, may I just say..............

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

Extremely ignorant of you.

Its all gone Shane Long

Just a prime example of our bad recruitment over the years under Woodward. Talented player no doubt but flashes and flashes only. Wish him a speedy recovery but so glad he’s not our problem anymore and hopefully post Woodward we continue to recruit well.

Marcus

Juve thought they had been so very clever. Probably celebrating in the board room with champagne and high fives when they re-signed him for free.:lol::lol::lol:

Strats

Ole really came in like a wrecking ball.. broke very talented players like Pogba and Martial (both players disliked by the fans because of their injuries now) and wasted tons of money. Making Ole the permanent manager has to be the worst pre Ferguson decision made…

Almost broke Rashford too.
It was absolutely ridiculous at times how Ole persisted with using our best players when they were clearly injured.

One of the worst managers we’ve had.

romufc

Pogba is definitely showing Manutd why they were right in not offering him a contract sooner or the value he wanted.

Oldyella

Shame for the player, but cant say I'm too sad to see Juve tied up to an injury prone player on big wages.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ole happened.

He had niggling problems under Mourinho but nothing serious and were never out for more than 4 games at most. Then Ole rushed him back from his foot injury in Dec 19, he immediately relapsed and since then his injuries blew up exponentially.
I think it’s unfair to blame a coach. They would have taken advice from the doctors and physios plus the player himself before making that choice.

it does seem that our medical team need to look at long term, repeated injuries on a different way. Maybe I’m being harsh to them though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Have we blamed Lingard yet?

will be interesting to see Juventus just pay his contract off now. I mean that’s what we should have done with Jones? Am i right?

OmarUnited4ever

Unlucky for him, these things just happen sometimes despite the best efforts of the club, we all know Juve got state of the art facilities including a new medical center and they probably did all the things needed to get him ready and yet, in 24 mins he is injured from just kicking a ball!!

Andy_Cole

Shame for the player, but cant say I'm too sad to see Juve tied up to an injury prone player on big wages.
Bitter sweet isn’t it. I feel very sad for him. I don’t really blame him as I hear he is a model pro in terms of looking after himself. Just very unlucky. Sweet as we’re not paying for it anymore.

Battery

And more money than most!

I am sure he will not need to visit a food bank.

TsuWave

I mean you are the one who keeps on mentioning reaching CL final as an achievement. You have no right telling others they are saying nonsense after this.
My initial post: Pogba has had a career better than 95% players will ever have. Second post: proceeds to highlight things Pogba won/achieved/took part in. The point being - majority of players will never play in a CL final/be a CL runner-up. You not considering being a CL runner-up an achievement doesn’t change the fact I used it to substantiate that he’s had a better career than most professionals will ever have.

You interjected in a conversation - with nonsense. Affirmatively. and instead of recognising it as such, you’re now doing whatever this is you’re doing. No hard feelings, be easy brother.

InfiniteBoredom

I think it’s unfair to blame a coach. They would have taken advice from the doctors and physios plus the player himself before making that choice.

it does seem that our medical team need to look at long term, repeated injuries on a different way. Maybe I’m being harsh to them though.
It’s not unfair if we have evidence of said coach asking players to play while injured, repeatedly. The players can of course refuse, but we all know power dynamics in that working relationship makes it very difficult.

Martial - near spotless injury record in 3.5 years under LvG and Mourinho, went through Ole, permanently crocked.

Pogba - good injury record for 6 years, at worst missed like 8 games total for the season, went through Ole, permanently crocked

Rashford - good injury record, played a whole year with a fecked shoulder, ended up with a double back fracture, played like crap for a whole year inviting insane flaks from fans, seemingly escaped

Maguire - rushed back from injury and had calamitous performances as a result, became the king of meme footballers.

It’s not a secret, and in Pogba case in particular, the fact that he lasted for all of one game before being out for another 3 months with the same injury when he was rushed back, when we were languishing at midtable, makes it clear that Ole valued his survival over the player’s welfare.

cyberman

Didn’t Pogba follow his own personal medical staff advice? Hence fecking off to America every so often?

el3mel

My initial post: Pogba has had a career better than 95% players will ever have. Second post: proceeds to highlight things Pogba won/achieved/took part in. The point being - majority of players will never play in a CL final/be a CL runner-up. You not considering being a CL runner-up an achievement doesn’t change the fact I used it to substantiate that he’s had a better career than most professionals will ever have.

You interjected in a conversation - with nonsense. Affirmatively. and instead of recognising it as such, you’re now doing whatever this is you’re doing. No hard feelings, be easy brother.
A CL final isn't something worthy to be mentioned. Even Tottenham Hotspurs played a CL final, and no one gives a feck who finishes as a runner up in any cup competition. That's just clutching to strews. That CL runner up will be remembered as a regret for him for failing to win the tournament rather than something to be proud of.

The only big achievement in his career is the World Cup. Otherwise the last time he won a club tournament was when he was 24 years old. Now he's 30 and has won feck all for 6 years straight with his clubs. That's pretty much the main bulk of his career.

If you're talking nonsense, you shouldn't be calling others for such thing.