Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Erics_Collar

I don't think I've been that disapointed about a player who didn't reach the level he could have reached. He had everything to be among the very best in history, he litteraly had everything. What a waste.
You can't say he had everything when he's never had the right mentality. It's just as important as any technical or physical attributes.

Superden

erm..from wiki -

91 appearances for France (11 goals).

Plus the global stardom, all the PR that goes with it, and the tens of millions in the bank.

BUT, Just where did it all go so wrong?????

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Hopefully the board see sense in the summer and pay 90m to bring him home now we have Casemiro to help him reach his true potential.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You can't say he had everything when he's never had the right mentality. It's just as important as any technical or physical attributes.
That's what was implied when I talked about the fact that he didn't fullfil his potential, that and physical fitness as Pogue Mahone mentionned.

Zoo

His first start since leaving United too. That’s rough

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Finished as a player. Looks like that is this season over before it even began. No doubt he will now be injured during pre season and be behind where he needs to be for next year.

drmuji

I think at some point we all need to realise that Pogba is very talented player with very less commitment and not a level head.
He was advised bad by Mino Riola and then the circus which came with him. He always wanted attention like Ronaldo but didn't have the hardwork of him.
Thank God he didn't sign an extension with him because we had enough of drama queens back then

TsuWave

Probably not accurate
Pogba has multiple league titles, a CL final, a Europa league title and a World Cup under his belt with some other miscellaneous domestic titles

He’s had a career most professional players can only dream of

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It's insane how Juventus offered him such high wages considering his injury history.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Waiting for the morons to blame him for getting injured just like they do with Martial.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How come he keeps getting injured so much?
He never recovered from that one big injury he had here in 2019, probably. Something like 30 games that season with his ankle.

I’d wager a guess at that point the rest of the body overcompensates for the weaker areas in the legs and then injuries in other places become more prevalent? (No idea how scientifically accurate that is — sounds logical in my head)

prateik

We were stupid enough to offer him a bumper deal.. Raiola and his ridiculous demands saved us..
got very lucky here...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's actually amazing that we offered him any decent contract(let alone long term contract that was over 250k which was reported back then) considering his injury record, just goes to show that we really have some idiots in our club. And that wasn't long time ago either.

Chip

I was sad when we lost him the first time, and over the moon when we got him back in 2016. I fondly remember that silly season, the transfer thread, and finally signing him!

A shame that lack of mentality combined with an awful lot of injuries the last few years stopped him from being the player that he showed that he could be during some spells.

Lost most respect for him when he started acting up and lashing out at the club around the Pogmentary release. Doesn’t seem too smart now, does it? Obviously I still wish him a speedy recovery.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I think at some point we all need to realise that Pogba is very talented player with very less commitment and not a level head.
He was advised bad by Mino Riola and then the circus which came with him. He always wanted attention like Ronaldo but didn't have the hardwork of him.
Thank God he didn't sign an extension with him because we had enough of drama queens back then
Bad? He wanted money just rewatch that shitty docu series of his and you'll see how full of himself he was.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m unsure how I feel about Pogba. I never warmed to the guy when he was here but I still want him to do well but I think it’s over for him now. He’s achieved a lot medals wise but ability wise he never reached the heights he could have

InfiniteBoredom

How come he keeps getting injured so much?
Ole happened.

He had niggling problems under Mourinho but nothing serious and were never out for more than 4 games at most. Then Ole rushed him back from his foot injury in Dec 19, he immediately relapsed and since then his injuries blew up exponentially.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Pogba, Neymar, Hazard, Ozil, Sanchez. A shame to see players who were world class in their mid 20s and even before, end their careers like this.