g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Irwin99

Madrid didn't even want Pogba at that point.
I think Madrid wanted him before the start of the 2018-19 season. I bet they're glad they dodged a bullet there.

There were tons of rumours about Pogba at the start of that season; he'd just been booed by some United supporters on the last home game of the previous season, and he clearly wanted out. Unfortunately Ole said that he was a player you "build your team around" and we kept him.

sokol11

I don't like him. Don't like his behavior. Don't like how he played and hogged the ball, slowed attacks. All in all he was shit for United. What's there to like or have sympathy for?

Weirdo post.
I respect your opinion if you like him even though I don't share the view. You on the other hand can't handle my view it seems. I also don't have sympathy for many other footballers. Strange world. I also think karma evens things out in the end.

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
It was a breakup between couple, not a marriage divorce. He can be sad, but he shouldn't let it affect his form.

People flopping at their work due to a breakup in other industries may even get a fine, usually at least a scolding from their boss.
If only we could all be Alpha Males™ like yourself.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It was a breakup between couple, not a marriage divorce. He can be sad, but he shouldn't let it affect his form.

People flopping at their work due to a breakup in other industries may even get a fine, usually at least a scolding from their boss.
If I scolded anyone for having a hard time at work after breaking up with their partner, regardless of how long they had been together, I would be called a cnut. If my director scolded me for not dealing well with a bad break up, I would call them a cnut. If an anonymous poster on a forum told someone how they should react to a breakup I would say they haven't got the first fecking clue what they're on about, they've got a small willy, and they're a total cnut.

TsuWave

A CL final isn't something worthy to be mentioned. Even Tottenham Hotspurs played a CL final, and no one gives a feck who finishes as a runner up in any cup competition. That's just clutching to strews. That CL runner up will be remembered as a regret for him for failing to win the tournament rather than something to be proud of.

The only big achievement in his career is the World Cup. Otherwise the last time he won a club tournament was when he was 24 years old. Now he's 30 and has won feck all for 6 years straight with his clubs. That's pretty much the main bulk of his career.

If you're talking nonsense, you shouldn't be calling others for such thing.
Legit don’t get what isn’t registering with you? I don’t care about your arbitrary labelling of what’s worth mentioning or not, my posts aren’t predicated on what you consider worthy. I made a simple and easy to understand statement and substantiated it with stuff Pogba has done/has partaken in his career. Most players won’t have been CL runners-up so it is one of many things he’s done that speaks to my initial statement that he has had a better career than most players. Do you follow and understand this now? It’s not nonsense, it’s factual that most players do not get to see a CL final which is the pinnacle of European club football.

Stop moving goal posts. That’s very weird behaviour, especially if you’re an adult. No one is having a conversation about how long he has gone without winning trophies or what random posters on this forum consider “big achievements”. You interjected in an existing conversation. Pogba has won multiple league titles and domestic cups as well as played in a CL final and lifted the Europa, and won World Cup at national level = Pogba has had a better career than majority of players will ever have.

fecking hell, just typing nonsense for no reason, is it just an ego thing or what? I even attempted to end this silly exchange cordially, but alas I’ll just ignore you moving forward.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
His career seems to be wasted, he had some much potential and talent, sad to see.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I respect your opinion if you like him even though I don't share the view. You on the other hand can't handle my view it seems. I also don't have sympathy for many other footballers. Strange world. I also think karma evens things out in the end.
I can handle your opinion, but I don't respect it b/c I believe it's a goofy response to a devastating injury by a player who didn't cause injury or harm to another person. Even weirder invoking karma, but do you.

Sir Erik ten Hag

If I scolded anyone for having a hard time at work after breaking up with their partner, regardless of how long they had been together, I would be called a cnut. If my director scolded me for not dealing well with a bad break up, I would call them a cnut. If an anonymous poster on a forum told someone how they should react to a breakup I would say they haven't got the first fecking clue what they're on about, they've got a small willy, and they're a total cnut.
Lots of people out there have to deal with cnuts every day (bosses/clients...etc) just to earn money and get on with life. And they do that without the mega salary these footballers earn. Everyone wants to be given sympathy with private things in life, yes. But even receiving that is a privilege not every salaryman can have.

SirScholes

Yes, because Pogba's contributions to his titles is the same as Phil Jones' :houllier:

Him having a better career than 95% of footballers will ever have is not dependent on what "everyone" on internet forums will agree on.

His accolades speak for his career. Again, Pogba has won multiple league titles, being core to them, was a CL runner-up, has a Europa league, domestic cup titles, and the World Cup. You guys not believing he fulfilled whatever interpretation or expectations you had of his talent, doesn't invalidate his trophy laden career, which again, is better than what 95% of professional footballers will ever achieve.

You guys type nonsense with so much assertiveness, it's almost admirable.
Don’t use winners medals as a “well he’s won this so there” argument then haha

I disagree that he was as important as you think, nice that you’re now counting “runner up” as an accolade as well now

he had a few good years then fell off a Cliff, he won’t be remembered or atleast if he is, will be as an example to younger players how not to behave

el3mel

Legit don’t get what isn’t registering with you? I don’t care about your arbitrary labelling of what’s worth mentioning or not, my posts aren’t predicated on what you consider worthy. I made a simple and easy to understand statement and substantiated it with stuff Pogba has done/has partaken in his career. Most players won’t have been CL runners-up so it is one of many things he’s done that speaks to my initial statement that he has had a better career than most players. Do you follow and understand this now? It’s not nonsense, it’s factual that most players do not get to see a CL final which is the pinnacle of European club football.

Stop moving goal posts. That’s very weird behaviour, especially if you’re an adult. No one is having a conversation about how long he has gone without winning trophies or what random posters on this forum consider “big achievements”. You interjected in an existing conversation. Pogba has won multiple league titles and domestic cups as well as played in a CL final and lifted the Europa, and won World Cup at national level = Pogba has had a better career than majority of players will ever have.

fecking hell, just typing nonsense for no reason, is it just an ego thing or what? I even attempted to end this silly exchange cordially, but alas I’ll just ignore you moving forward.
Continuously repeating he has played a CL final doesn't prove your point. No one cares about this runner up medal he got. Harry Winks have a similar medal on his shelf.

Neither does attacking the other posters, by the way.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Have we blamed Lingard yet?

will be interesting to see Juventus just pay his contract off now. I mean that’s what we should have done with Jones? Am i right?
No, they shouldn't have given him contract in the first place just like we made same mistake with Jones.

Also, Lingard was beyond shit apart some bright moments here and there. Also your love child I presume?

Pintu

Continuously repeating he has played a CL final doesn't prove your point. No one cares about this runner up medal he got. Harry Winks have a similar medal on his shelf.

Neither does attacking the other posters, by the way.
Pogba had the very important assist in the semifnal at the Bernabeu (against title holders Real Madrid back then).. He kind of earned that medal (not Winks?!)… He has a World Cup in 2018 (scored in the final) and another trophy with France (Nations league 2021). 18 months ago, so no his career did not end at 24... Saying he has had a better career than 95% of players is spot on. And yes helping Juventus to their first CL final in 12 years is a part of that albeit not the biggest highlight.

TsuWave

Don’t use winners medals as a “well he’s won this so there” argument then haha

I disagree that he was as important as you think, nice that you’re now counting “runner up” as an accolade as well now

he had a few good years then fell off a Cliff, he won’t be remembered or atleast if he is, will be as an example to younger players how not to behave
Because most sensible people know that Pogba's contribution to his titles differs to that of Phil Jones'

I don't care if you disagree with anything, nor was I arguing that Pogba will be remember as "X" or "Y". For clarification, my post, the one you engaged with, was that Pogba has had a better career than 95% of footballers. He has.

You need to make your peace with it.

Last edited:

el3mel

Pogba had the very important assist in the semifnal at the Bernabeu (against title holders Real Madrid back then).. He kind of earned that medal (not Winks?!)… He has a World Cup in 2018 (scored in the final) and another trophy with France (Nations league 2021). 18 months ago, so no his career did not end at 24... Saying he has had a better career than 95% of players is spot on. And yes helping Juventus to their first CL final in 12 years is a part of that albeit not the biggest highlight.
There's no pride in being a runner up. He'll regret not winning CL at the end of his career rather than showing off his silver medal for the world as something to be proud of, as some of you are trying.

sokol11

I can handle your opinion, but I don't respect it b/c I believe it's a goofy response to a devastating injury by a player who didn't cause injury or harm to another person. Even weirder invoking karma, but do you.
As you wish. I have no respect for him. He's no saint. If you believe that he is that's your problem. Basically I don't care if he is injured or playing in third rate Italian league. I can sympathize with other players that had big injuries though like Brazilian Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Shaw etc.

TsuWave

Saying he has had a better career than 95% of players is spot on. And yes helping Juventus to their first CL final in 12 years is a part of that albeit not the biggest highlight.
Some sense in this thread, at last. They'll likely reply to your post talking about something else entirely.

Back on topic, injuries must be so mentally taxing for players, I saw the news about Tuanzebe parting ways with the club today - another one that seemingly struggled with injuries, sad stuff, don't wish it on anybody.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No, they shouldn't have given him contract in the first place just like we made same mistake with Jones.

Also, Lingard was beyond shit apart some bright moments here and there. Also your love child I presume?
Yawn. I was waiting for someone to say Pogba spent too much time doing dabs and dances with Lingard

as for Pogba you spend 90m then don’t offer him a contract. Makes sense

Strootman's Finger

He was an 80 mil pound asset, selling him or letting him walk away would realize the loss.

SirScholes

Because most sensible people know that Pogba's contribution to his titles differs to that of Phil Jones'

I don't care if you disagree with anything, nor was I arguing that Pogba will be remember as "X" or "Y". For clarification, my post, the one you engaged with, was that Pogba has had a better career than 95% of footballers. He has.

You need to make your peace with it.
I judge a players career off more than that, it’ll be remembered as wasted potential

alexanderplatz

sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe s**t

Hope he gets better as it’s not nice to see a player struggling with injury. The lad has had a lot of turmoil in his personal life in the last few years. I’m happy he’s not at United anymore but I wish him well.

I can see why people get frustrated with him. When he was on it he had a magic ability to bring the ball forward into an advanced position. His long range shooting could also be pretty great on occasion. Unfortunately we didn’t see enough of it and he’s probably on the way down now.

OldTrevil

So sad to see his career going downhill with injuries, I hope he fully recovers. The fact that Ole pushed most of our talented players to play with injuries has entirely changed my view of him as a leader, he turned out to be a very shortsighted and selfish man manager.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
As you wish. I have no respect for him. He's no saint. If you believe that he is that's your problem. Basically I don't care if he is injured or playing in third rate Italian league. I can sympathize with other players that had big injuries though like Brazilian Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Shaw etc.
So a player needs to be saint to sympathize with a potentially season ending injury?

Your responses are just getting weirder and weirder

sugar_kane

Ole happened.

He had niggling problems under Mourinho but nothing serious and were never out for more than 4 games at most. Then Ole rushed him back from his foot injury in Dec 19, he immediately relapsed and since then his injuries blew up exponentially.
Same has happened to Martial, he had niggling injuries and now he is full blown injury prone. Rashford and his shoulder seem to have came out of it unscathed thankfully.
Ole really came in like a wrecking ball.. broke very talented players like Pogba and Martial (both players disliked by the fans because of their injuries now) and wasted tons of money. Making Ole the permanent manager has to be the worst pre Ferguson decision made…

Almost broke Rashford too.
For a club legend who should be putting the club first and foremost as his biggest priority, the guy had no issue ruining players' careers by running them into ground and rushing them from major injuries just to save his job.
I always said during his time here that he had no sense of player rotation and managing a squad.
It was absolutely ridiculous at times how Ole persisted with using our best players when they were clearly injured.

One of the worst managers we’ve had.
It’s not unfair if we have evidence of said coach asking players to play while injured, repeatedly. The players can of course refuse, but we all know power dynamics in that working relationship makes it very difficult.

Martial - near spotless injury record in 3.5 years under LvG and Mourinho, went through Ole, permanently crocked.

Pogba - good injury record for 6 years, at worst missed like 8 games total for the season, went through Ole, permanently crocked

Rashford - good injury record, played a whole year with a fecked shoulder, ended up with a double back fracture, played like crap for a whole year inviting insane flaks from fans, seemingly escaped

Maguire - rushed back from injury and had calamitous performances as a result, became the king of meme footballers.

It’s not a secret, and in Pogba case in particular, the fact that he lasted for all of one game before being out for another 3 months with the same injury when he was rushed back, when we were languishing at midtable, makes it clear that Ole valued his survival over the player’s welfare.
So sad to see his career going downhill with injuries, I hope he fully recovers. The fact that Ole pushed most of our talented players to play with injuries has entirely changed my view of him as a leader, he turned out to be a very shortsighted and selfish man manager.
Absolute rubbish.

Ole's long gone guys, do you still need to blame him for everything including what's happening at other clubs?

Even if you just want to go off pure stats, Pogba had missed nearly 100 days (17 games) at United through injury before Ole even arrived.

He was also happy to swan off to Dubai for treatment, or do stupid shit like play basketball while recovering from injury. He's kept that nonsense up while at Juventus going on skiing holidays while he's meant to be recovering. Does that sound like a guy who is going to be rushed back from injury?

The biggest joke is framing Ole as this mean monster who would force players to do stuff against their will in comparison to Mourinho, who is well documented as getting players to play through the pain and sacrifice their bodies for the cause.

He's either a PE teacher who no-one respects or he's a horrendous task master who can somehow force top tier millionaire sportsmen onto the pitch against their will - which is it guys?

I genuinely feel sorry for Pogba, not just for the injuries but all the other personal shit he's gone through in the past year, but there's no need to bring Ole into this.

sokol11

So a player needs to be saint to sympathize with a potentially season ending injury?
Your responses are just getting weirder and weirder
I don't know what is so hard to comprehend here. I need to like a player in order to sympathize with him. Pogba fecked United over multiple times, whined like a little girl, acted like a spoiled brat in the process, had a leech of an agent and was ineffective on the pitch for United 90% of the time. As an added bonus his general off pitch behavior and style is really not my type. So yeah I really don't like him. That brings me to a phase that I really don't care what kind of injury he has and for how long he is out. I can even bring myself to malicious smirk or chuckle while hearing he is injured. If he never plays again surprise there will be zero f's given from my side. And if you will mourn every day that he is injured until he plays again be my guest.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I don't know what is so hard to comprehend here. I need to like a player in order to sympathize with him. Pogba fecked United over multiple times, whined like a little girl, acted like a spoiled brat in the process, had a leech of an agent and was ineffective on the pitch for United 90% of the time. As an added bonus his general off pitch behavior and style is really not my type. So yeah I really don't like him. That brings me to a phase that I really don't care what kind of injury he has and for how long he is out. I can even bring myself to malicious smirk or chuckle while hearing he is injured. If he never plays again surprise there will be zero f's given from my side. And if you will mourn every day that he is injured until he plays again be my guest.
Why not post “I’m an extremely bitter and petty person” and save yourself the keystrokes?

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Pretty much agree, although I don't wish him harm. I do not miss Pogba even in the slightest. What a huge pain in the ass he was for this club.

sokol11

Why not post “I’m an extremely bitter and petty person” and save yourself the keystrokes?
You don't know me so cut the bs and accept different opinion than yours. Many successfull people are extremely competitive, petty, sore losers speaking freely their mind no matter their public perception or consequences. Don't know about bitterness though. Not for me. Rather have genuine than other many multifaced hypocrites riding on high horses playing their perfection in public.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
You don't know me so cut the bs and accept different opinion than yours. Many successfull people are extremely competitive, petty, sore losers speaking freely their mind no matter their public perception or consequences. Don't know about bitterness though. Not for me. Rather have genuine than other many multifaced hypocrites riding on high horses playing their perfection in public.
I have accepted you are most likely petty and bitter.

Not sure how we segued into a conversation about the shitty traits of successful people, but ok.

InfiniteBoredom

Even if you just want to go off pure stats, Pogba had missed nearly 100 days (17 games) at United through injury before Ole even arrived.
17 games over a 2.5 years period is a perfectly normal injury record. Modric at roughly the same age at Spurs missed 21 games over 3 seasons, do you think of him as the injury prone type?

The fact of the matter is we have a spike in chronic injury issues to our attackers, who were average at worst fitness wise, before they went through him. Martial said Ole asked him to play while injured because he needed him, we know Rashford played with an injection for his shoulder and delayed his surgery for a year, but it’s somehow ‘pure rubbish’ to suggest that his management had something to do with their deteriorating fitness level.

Stadjer

Whereas calling people idiots is classy.
I think its an adequate description.

Pogba was injured (oh wait, he was faking to be injured right? :lol:) a lot and couldnt play for Manchester United so now he must be hated. A lot of players go to Dubia and those areas to recover from injuries because they have fantastic facilities there but Pogba going there is a reason to hate him. Pogba likes to dance, do social media stuff and do weird fashion things.. another reason to dislike him whereas players going to pub and get drunk is fine. Pogba actually did perform in his earlier seasons and only really became shit (actually he was still amongst the better players) during his last injury filled seasons but still thats another reason to dislike him. His agent said some not so flattering things about Manchester United so another reason to hate Pogba.

It is idiotic how personal some people seem to make it. Pogba didnt match the unrealistic expections some had of him. Pogback wasnt the succes everyone hoped for but to enjoy his injury problems is idiotic. The whole hatred for Pogba is idiotic. He was just a expensive player that didnt match the expectation people had of him.

sokol11

I think its an adequate description.

Pogba was injured (oh wait, he was faking to be injured right? :lol:) a lot and couldnt play for Manchester United so now he must be hated. A lot of players go to Dubia and those areas to recover from injuries because they have fantastic facilities there but Pogba going there is a reason to hate him. Pogba likes to dance, do social media stuff and do weird fashion things.. another reason to dislike him whereas players going to pub and get drunk is fine. Pogba actually did perform in his earlier seasons and only really became shit (actually he was still amongst the better players) during his last injury filled seasons but still thats another reason to dislike him. His agent said some not so flattering things about Manchester United so another reason to hate Pogba.

It is idiotic how personal some people seem to make it. Pogba didnt match the unrealistic expections some had of him. Pogback wasnt the succes everyone hoped for but to enjoy his injury problems is idiotic. The whole hatred for Pogba is idiotic. He was just a expensive player that didnt match the expectation people had of him.
What if for some it seems idiotic to like Pogba? Will you lot survive that?

Stadjer

Absolute rubbish.

Ole's long gone guys, do you still need to blame him for everything including what's happening at other clubs?

He was also happy to swan off to Dubai for treatment, or do stupid shit like play basketball while recovering from injury. He's kept that nonsense up while at Juventus going on skiing holidays while he's meant to be recovering. Does that sound like a guy who is going to be rushed back from injury?

The biggest joke is framing Ole as this mean monster who would force players to do stuff against their will in comparison to Mourinho, who is well documented as getting players to play through the pain and sacrifice their bodies for the cause.

He's either a PE teacher who no-one respects or he's a horrendous task master who can somehow force top tier millionaire sportsmen onto the pitch against their will - which is it guys?

I genuinely feel sorry for Pogba, not just for the injuries but all the other personal shit he's gone through in the past year, but there's no need to bring Ole into this.
Pogba and Martial were both good, young and talented footballer before Ole got his hands on them. After Ole they are broken and hardly footballers anymore. Dubai is a great place for recovering. Virgil van Dijk did it, Memphis did it (just example because they are Dutch). Dubai has superb facilities and its nice weather too. Recovering from an injury is bad enough, why not do it at a place that has the best facilities, nice weather and where rich people seem to love spending their time.

Martial played with injuries, he told so in interviews and sure looked like he did. Right now it looks like Martial isnt even able to sprint and dribble anymore. Rashford played with injuries. Pogba came back from injuries only to go off injured again. Surely that seems rushed. Ole doesnt have to be mean to get players to play with an injury. He can also be nice so, if asked, the player is willing to sacrifice for him. Who knows. It could all be a coincidence but Ole was fighting tooth and nail to keep his job so why not risk a few players in the proces? He seems a nice man so surely he didnt intend to break the player but that doesnt mean it cant happen.