Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Kag

This move is a real fall from grace, to be honest. Tail between the legs stuff.

If this was a move to Madrid, or even PSG in an attempt to go at the Champions League, I’d sort of understand. Instead we’ve got a limp return to a fairly poor Juventus side which doesn’t quite reflect the level of hyperbole that surrounded his contract situation here. Very quiet; very safe.

RedStarUnited

How is all this social media stuff for? Is he really popular in France?
One of the things that United did him a huge favour for. When he signed in 2016 he had about 4.5m followers. He now has almost 55 million. The United move was great for his marketing reach. Only Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe and Neymar are propper clear of him.

mu4c_20le

This move is a real fall from grace, to be honest. Tail between the legs stuff.

If this was a move to Madrid, or even PSG in an attempt to go at the Champions League, I’d sort of understand. Instead we’ve got a limp return to a fairly poor Juventus side which doesn’t quite reflect the level of hyperbole that surrounded his contract situation here. Very quiet; very safe.
His stock has certainly dropped a bit, as has his wage packet

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
One of the things that United did him a huge favour for. When he signed in 2016 he had about 4.5m followers. He now has almost 55 million. The United move was great for his marketing reach. Only Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe and Neymar are propper clear of him.
But surely all those Man United fans now think he's a bellend?

Pintu

But surely all those Man United fans now think he's a bellend?
It is insane to think he's only grown his brand with United fans. Club football is extremely popular, but it doesn't reach the non-football community. The WC does reach the entire world. He gained something like 7 M followers during the WC 2018. He is a popular player and a highly marketable one.

Xanther

His brand would've ballooned with any of the big teams going, he was just 23 when he joined

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
As a neutral, i see Paul Pogba as great player, who should have never joined United, it ended very bad for both sides: people expected him to carry a very poor United side and Pogba was never that kind of player (he needs to be well surrounded).

Imo United has been the worst side he has ever played in his career, when it comes to quality of teammates, except for Zlatan (he barely played with Ronaldo and Varane).

I understand United fans being mad at him, but i can also see that many were expecting him to carry average players like Maguire,Fred, McTominay,Dalot,Lingard,Phil Jones,Smalling,Wan Bissaka, etc which is ridiculous considering Pogba played with Vidal, Chiellini,Tevez, Cuadrado, Bonucci,Kante, Mbappe,peak Varane,peak Griezmann, etc

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Jogba is going to be perfect in the OAP Serie A league. Watch Lukaku tear it up there as well.
Lukaku didn't tear up Serie A, he scored the same number of non-penalty goals as he scored in United...the difference for Inter was that he was taking penalties, that's it.

His best non-penalty record is with Everton at Premier League.

Loon

:lol:
As a neutral, i see Paul Pogba as great player, who should have never joined United, it ended very bad for both sides: people expected him to carry a very poor United side and Pogba was never that kind of player (he needs to be well surrounded).

Imo United has been the worst side he has ever played in his career, when it comes to quality of teammates, except for Zlatan (he barely played with Ronaldo and Varane).

I understand United fans being mad at him, but i can also see that many were expecting him to carry average players like Maguire,Fred, McTominay,Dalot,Lingard,Phil Jones,Smalling,Wan Bissaka, etc which is ridiculous considering Pogba played with Vidal, Chiellini,Tevez, Cuadrado, Bonucci,Kante, Mbappe,peak Varane,peak Griezmann, etc
I don't know about carry, but to turn up more than once in every five games would have been welcome.

Xanther

I don't know about carry, but to turn up more than once in every five games would have been welcome.
My guy, he wanted to leave after like 2 seasons because he knew we weren't up to it. As expected, if there is no belief in your team, there will be no performance from you either. It only took Ronnie about half the season to think the same

Hammondo

Actually interesting to see how he does. Can give a good view on how unmotivated players are at United. If Ronaldo wants to leave too and Di Maria went after one season. All wc players at their best
Not sure what planet you live on.

Hammondo

No one expects him to carry, they expected him to play well, to play at a decent standard. He failed.

cyberman

This is a myth. Nobody expected Pogba to carry United and the nonsense only spread when Paul didn’t meet the bare minimum expectations and it was used to excuse him.
Oh Paul is only being criticised for jogging around the pitch and holding onto the ball for too long because he was asked to be the Michael Jordan of Man Utd..
It’s blatantly not true.

Plassryss

Di Maria PSG - 93g 119ass Real M - 36g 84ass in 485 games. Fairly ok for a winger, he used united as a middle station. Dont like the guy but a fantastic player

Pintu

Paid actors.
Some more paid Italian actors welcoming Pogba (who’s been in France’s top 5 most popular sportsmen over the last few years). I’m sure French people are being paid to say they like him and 55 millions are following him on Instagram only because he played for United, even though the next players on the list do not get anywhere near his following.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It is insane to think he's only grown his brand with United fans. Club football is extremely popular, but it doesn't reach the non-football community. The WC does reach the entire world. He gained something like 7 M followers during the WC 2018. He is a popular player and a highly marketable one.
Football fans who support players rather than clubs. Paul Pogba the perfect footballer for these fecking weirdos to get behind as he’s always been all about himself, rather than any team. They’re a blight on the game. Clearly a hell of a lot of them, mind you.

Flexdegea

Mental the hype around him still today.

Sky talking about him here as a superstar like he been elite all his career.

::sonny::

Poor people, they don’t know he will get injured on 15 September and he will spend the next 6 months recovering in holiday palaces like dubai and miami

Poor people

Poor people

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Good luck Paul. Wish you well. Not sure your body will hold up long, but the league is slower which might help. I’m stuck watching utter dross like McT and Fred etc unless we manage to pull off the DeJong deal. My £703 will seem expensive if not.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Some more paid Italian actors welcoming Pogba (who’s been in France’s top 5 most popular sportsmen over the last few years). I’m sure French people are being paid to say they like him and 55 millions are following him on Instagram only because he played for United, even though the next players on the list do not get anywhere near his following.

I didn't say anything about the French. Don't get me into a war with them. I also didn't say anything about Italian. I was simply referring to a group of very devoted Pogba fans in that particular tweet. I am skeptical about them and I think it's staged, I don't even know if they're Italians.

R'hllor

Maybe those fans changing their approach, instead of dropping unreal expectations and hiding their hatred for him behind his ex agent, they showing a bit of love and maybe they will get better things in return or they are just bunch of weirdos that have to worship another person as they aint for better. Either way good luck to him.

stepic

What is odd is that he would choose to be paid less by going back to Italy. Why reject our offer and then pick a lower one? Just out of spite?

redcucumber

Actually interesting to see how he does. Can give a good view on how unmotivated players are at United. If Ronaldo wants to leave too and Di Maria went after one season. All wc players at their best
Don't be ridiculous

Loon

:lol:
My guy, he wanted to leave after like 2 seasons because he knew we weren't up to it. As expected, if there is no belief in your team, there will be no performance from you either. It only took Ronnie about half the season to think the same
Not quite the same for Ronaldo, but a shit work ethic nevertheless and not really a valid excuse.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What is odd is that he would choose to be paid less by going back to Italy. Why reject our offer and then pick a lower one? Just out of spite?
Lower tax rates in Italy probably means he isn’t out of pocket by much. Plus he surely isn’t too up his own arse to realise that he’s always struggled with the pace, intensity and refereeing of the PL so a fresh start in a different league must be tempting.

Needham

He did what we all did. When you can't hack it somewhere you feck off. Sure he won't paint it that way in his ghostwritten propaganda

Juventino10

Supports
Juve
Hi all. Was reading this thread as a Juventus fan and decided why not registering and sharing some thoughts. I’ve seen many salty comments and kinda understand the situation from your perspective. Expectations were way to high, results on club level to underwhelming and the injuries and the situations with Raiola certainly didn’t help

As a Juventus fan, I’m really happy that he returned. Unbelievable that we sold him for so much money all those years ago and he returns for free.

I don’t doubt that he’ll do good again at us. Serie A is a level below the PL, and in general football is seen in a different way. There’s less pressure or one might say the surroundings there are less toxic.

We also have to look to Pogba from a realistic point of view. At us he wasnt a player who dominated games for 90 minutes straight, but rather played okay/good and regularly had those insane peak moments that resulted in goals or assists. And the peak moments were of a world class level. I think that if we surround him with the likes of Locatelli, Bonucci, Vlahovic, Chiesa etc- all guys who are pretty humble and work hard, he’d be able to thrive again. He has a great relation with Allegri aswel.

In retro perspective you could say that it was a mistake from him leaving Juventus.

Reactions: Sultan

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Hi all. Was reading this thread as a Juventus fan and decided why not registering and sharing some thoughts. I’ve seen many salty comments and kinda understand the situation from your perspective. Expectations were way to high, results on club level to underwhelming and the injuries and the situations with Raiola certainly didn’t help

As a Juventus fan, I’m really happy that he returned. Unbelievable that we sold him for so much money all those years ago and he returns for free.

I don’t doubt that he’ll do good again at us. Serie A is a level below the PL, and in general football is seen in a different way. There’s less pressure or one might say the surroundings there are less toxic.

We also have to look to Pogba from a realistic point of view. At us he wasnt a player who dominated games for 90 minutes straight, but rather played okay/good and regularly had those insane peak moments that resulted in goals or assists. And the peak moments were of a world class level. I think that if we surround him with the likes of Locatelli, Bonucci, Vlahovic, Chiesa etc- all guys who are pretty humble and work hard, he’d be able to thrive again. He has a great relation with Allegri aswel.

In retro perspective you could say that it was a mistake from him leaving Juventus.
Great post. He simply isn’t the type of player that people expected him to be. He is however an unbelievable footballer and has been one of our best players in his time back, albeit underwhelming but what does that say about the way the club has been run and the players he has played with.