Paul Pogba - Juventus player

romufc

Pogba showing United why they took so long to offer him a deal. He has got a point tbh, he has shown the fans why the club was right in not offering him the crazy wage he wanted.

I am so glad we got rid of him, his talent was always bigger than him. He should have worked on becoming the best player, rather than thinking he is entitled to things.

Oldyella

"In January of last year, Bild reported that Rangnick identified Edinson Cavani, Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial as ‘mood killers’ within the squad. The Austrian was determined to sell the trio, feeling they had too much influence behind the scenes."
In other news, Ralf pointed out that water is wet.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"In January of last year, Bild reported that Rangnick identified Edinson Cavani, Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial as ‘mood killers’ within the squad. The Austrian was determined to sell the trio, feeling they had too much influence behind the scenes."
Hang on what did Twang do that kill the squad's mood? he barely played and when he did he got injured for the next game.

Even if that's true, imagine Ralf coming into the team and instantly leaking to the press that 3 players (including our 2 strikers who were NOT Ronaldo) were responsible for killing the mood and needed to be sold?

That would be terrible man-management, right?

Then, for most of his time in charge, the players downed tools. Who'd have thought?

TsuWave

“Pogba liked Solskjaer, and got on with replacement Ralf Rangnick too. The pair had a productive meeting early on; Rangnick was straight with Pogba and they talked football.

The only occasion when a touch of tension came was when Rangnick left Pogba out of the line-up for the 1-0 defeat at Everton in April by reminding him his foot was sore, as if by way of explanation. Pogba had been playing through the issue without complaint, so the detail seemed superfluous to Rangnick’s decision to drop him. Ironically, Pogba had to be sent on in the first half of that game when Fred suffered an injury.

Rangnick valued Pogba’s efforts to mediate aspects of the dressing room. He was also one of the players to command major respect from Cristiano Ronaldo.

On another occasion, when a meeting of some players with Rangnick about form turned unexpectedly into a targeted tactical discussion, Pogba went back later to apologise to United’s interim manager for the way things had gone.

That’s why, whatever the criticisms — which went as far as Mourinho once branding Pogba a “virus” — he always remained a liked figure in the dressing room.”

- The Athletic

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Even if that's true, imagine Ralf coming into the team and instantly leaking to the press that 3 players (including our 2 strikers who were NOT Ronaldo) were responsible for killing the mood and needed to be sold?

That would be terrible man-management, right?

Then, for most of his time in charge, the players downed tools. Who'd have thought?
Also didn't help that for some reason he never stopped telling the press the players were useless and we needed a whole new team.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Some people thought he was deliberately missing games when he had long term injuries he had for us. I hope people aren't doubting his professionalism, it's a case of his body giving up on him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
“Pogba liked Solskjaer, and got on with replacement Ralf Rangnick too. The pair had a productive meeting early on; Rangnick was straight with Pogba and they talked football.

The only occasion when a touch of tension came was when Rangnick left Pogba out of the line-up for the 1-0 defeat at Everton in April by reminding him his foot was sore, as if by way of explanation. Pogba had been playing through the issue without complaint, so the detail seemed superfluous to Rangnick’s decision to drop him. Ironically, Pogba had to be sent on in the first half of that game when Fred suffered an injury.

Rangnick valued Pogba’s efforts to mediate aspects of the dressing room. He was also one of the players to command major respect from Cristiano Ronaldo.

On another occasion, when a meeting of some players with Rangnick about form turned unexpectedly into a targeted tactical discussion, Pogba went back later to apologise to United’s interim manager for the way things had gone.

That’s why, whatever the criticisms — which went as far as Mourinho once branding Pogba a “virus” — he always remained a liked figure in the dressing room.”

- The Athletic
I can imagine why they got along. Rangnick must have told him "you have 6 months, as do I," let's try and make this work.

stevoc

He was determined to sell two players in January who only had a few months left on their contracts, interesting. It's easy to see that Ralf got distracted by things that he shouldn't really have been focusing on.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I actually think that injuries will force Pogba to retire within the next 2 years. He is 29 and already spends significantly more time out with long term injuries than he does contributing on the pitch.

Its obviously not his fault, its simply a question of genetics and applied biomechanics that contribute to the injuries that seemingly appear out of "nowhere".

Id go so far as to argue that Juventus giving him that contract was borderline reckless considering there should always be a risk/reward evaluation in any type of business, especially a big money investment lke this. You takeone look at his injury record and you just have to pause and wonder just how reliable he will be to feature weekly.

Pauls injury record is one of the most substantial among active professional footballers in the big European leagues: https://www.transfermarkt.com/paul-pogba/verletzungen/spieler/122153

Comparable, Owen Hargreaves career was cut very short by the same factors that currently plague Pogba, retiring at the age of 31.
As I said, this is probably it for Paul Pogba. If his contract gets terminated by Juve he not only gets one hell of a payday, but he also faces the prospect of having to decide where to go from here. At some point it must become evident to everyone that the player cant keep himself from being injured for long periods of time. Its still wild to me how Juve saw his injury history and still offered him that contract.

On the other side I do also feel that accusing Pogba of not wanting to play football are being a bit unfair. He is facing career threatening injury records and all he gets is shit on for having collected big wages offerd to him by the club. If anyone should be mad at someone its Woodward.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Curious that considering how Ralf was never in any position to sell players to begin with.

crossy1686

career ending
Rangnick was funny. Didn’t bother talking to the players about their behaviour or the issues in the dressing room, just came right out to the media instead and told them.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Some people thought he was deliberately missing games when he had long term injuries he had for us. I hope people aren't doubting his professionalism, it's a case of his body giving up on him.
He apparently aggravated his injury by skiing before he returned for Juve. That's pretty unprofessional in this context?

TsuWave

He apparently aggravated his injury by skiing before he returned for Juve. That's pretty unprofessional in this context?
Not true

People just saying anything about Pogba for feck’s sake :lol:

Giggsy13

What a waste of raw talent and potential. His attitude was always the problem and Sir Alex knew it from the beginning.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Juve really thought they got 1 over us :lol:

They've paid him for 6 months and he hasn't played 1 match yet. How bad can this injury be?

I thought he'd fallen out of love with football a bit, and this kind of proves it. He just doesn't have the desire anymore.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juve really thought they got 1 over us :lol:

They've paid him for 6 months and he hasn't played 1 match yet. How bad can this injury be?

I thought he'd fallen out of love with football a bit, and this kind of proves it. He just doesn't have the desire anymore.
I am not really sure why they did not go forward with rescinding his contract in December, as they wanted to? Then a tsunami hit the club and every minor affair is now just on hold. He will not survive the Summer at the club, though, now that it is in the hands of Elkann’s bulldogs.

hobbers

Still fecking terrifying we offered him £300k a week for another (3 or 4?) seasons.

Juve have pissed away up to £70m bringing him back :lol:

Loon

:lol:
I wonder how many of those 57m followers he will have when football goes away...?

Adam-Utd

I am not really sure why they did not go forward with rescinding his contract in December, as they wanted to? Then a tsunami hit the club and every minor affair is now just on hold. He will not survive the Summer at the club, though, now that it is in the hands of Elkann’s bulldogs.
I guess legally you can't really do anything if he genuinely IS injured.

The issue for me is his recovery time always seems to take ages. It was like it at United too, everything seemed to take 3x longer than normal.

It's a shame as I used to love Pogba, he was one of my favourite players in the early days. Now he's a shadow of that player.

ThemanGiggsy

glad he is gone. complete circus. always hated international breaks because there would always be a story about him and united.

But a small, very small, part of me wonders what Ten Hag could have done with him.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I guess legally you can't really do anything if he genuinely IS injured.

The issue for me is his recovery time always seems to take ages. It was like it at United too, everything seemed to take 3x longer than normal.

It's a shame as I used to love Pogba, he was one of my favourite players in the early days. Now he's a shadow of that player.
He came really unfit and got injured at training camp, which is just club’s stupidity and be it. Yet, he then ignored the advice provided by the club’s medical staff to go with his… sorcerer! And surely his constant social posts and lazy attitude are not entertaining the many many fans who once loved him in Turin as well. Just another disaster.

the_cliff

He came really unfit and got injured at training camp, which is just club’s stupidity and be it. Yet, he then ignored the advice provided by the club’s medical staff to go with his… sorcerer! And surely his constant social posts and lazy attitude are not entertaining the many many fans who once loved him in Turin as well. Just another disaster.
You should've seen the warning signs when you realise no United fans were annoyed with him leaving and most were quite relieved.

mctrials23

But a small, very small, part of me wonders what Ten Hag could have done with him.
Thats always the big question isn't it when you have a manager like EtH. I can't decide if EtH would have loved him or not. We almost certainly wouldn't have got Casemiro if we still had Pogba and I imagine his effort levels would have frustrated him. A happy Pogba is a quality player but getting any consistence from him is almost impossible it seems.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He's yet to play a game for Juve right? Not lighten up his club career tbf:lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm willing to call bullshit on this.

It doesn't jibe at all with what has been reported elsewhere by (I would say) more trustworthy sources.

Bild is generally a shit/sensationalist/not very credible source.

Adam-Utd

Unfortunately none of this is a surprise to United fans.

I think maybe Juve thought it was a United problem? when all along it was Pogba.

At least your mistake didn't cost you 90m :D

cyberman

Same as when he was in America, whilst injured ABSOLUTELY NOT playing basketball
Do you know what I love doing? Going up a ski mountain and not skiing. There’s so much to do up there such as not ski and watch others ski.
it’s so liberating