Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

finneh

I was nervous that he'd get the most lucrative offers from around Europe and realise that the best offer on the table was to re-sign with United.

Thankfully his miserable time here is officially now over.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Part of me wanted this as well, but Pogba’s increasing injury woes and apparently declining mobility make it unlikely that he’d have shown a lot.
Yeah, last couple of seasons his mobility looked bit off. Maybe it wouldn't have worked as good as I expected it to.

The Tribal Chief

"Enjoy the wine and maybe a mince pie. Goodbye" to a player that will be known for his haircuts and dabbing. Only memorable moment for me was when he played his ar$e off against City that one season. Apart from that he was just bleh

Redlyn

Could have had 4 players each more useful than him for those fees and wages wasted on him.

keithsingleton

Became my favourite player at the club for a while, obviously disappointed how things turned out. Thing is with this lad when he wants to he’s world class, I just didn’t like the fact he’s didn’t always put his best in. Expensive mistake for the club. I wish him well unless he plays us.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
No hard feelings here - I wish him well wherever he goes.

That said, I'm frankly very happy that ETH doesn't have to worry about where to fit him in/make the best of him/accommodate him in all sorts of ways. He's got enough problems as it is, he doesn't need Pogba on top of it all.

Would have been a cracking player in a SAF team, and will be good somewhere else I'm sure. He just wasn't good enough to make the difference at a team that was nearly there. He'll probably go to PSG where he will cement a few more league titles but make no difference to their Champions League quest.

RVN1991

We should have never signed Pogba back after he left.

From day one, we never had a plan for how to use him. Six years passed without us really creating one. All in all a waste of his time and ours.

Yet another indictment of our recruitment during the post Fergie period.
That "never knew how to use him" line ran its course a long time ago. He was just as culpable for it not working out.

Coy Keane

I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I wanna see you out that door
Pogba, bye bye bye (bye bye)

Don't wanna be a fool for you
Just another player in our CM two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie
Pogba, bye bye bye (bye bye)

Resch

He was never a Manchester United player, always committed to his Instagram account, but not to the club. He fought more for his hair cut than for the club. Such players won't be missed!

klayton88

Staff at Carrington have now been told they no longer need to wear masks.

OrcaFat

Unpopular opinion with some but I think he offered very poor value for his fee and his wages and I think he should have signed an extension or left last year so we got a few quid for him.

Not realistic. Not how the world works. Can’t blame a guy for running his contract down whilst offering next to nothing in return, all players do the same. Yeah, great.

Robertd0803

Off you go.

Was really fearing that we would do something stupid and convince him to sign a new contract.

Morpheus 7

Thanks for loyal and unwavering service to man united. Always fit to play and never any questions over timing of injuries and constant professional, on and off the pitch, especially on international duty.

A player always showing up for the biggest games when we needed him and when it counted. An example to the younger players for contract renewals and adored by all the United fan base. You'll never be forgotten, it's always been our failure to not adapt the entire team to give you a role with no responsibility. You'll be sorely missed #pogoff

90 + 5min

Average player who somehow got big contract and status as a star.

Good luck to him. We will be a better team without him.

CloneMC16

Really enjoyed watching him at times. One of the best passers I've ever seen. Good luck, Paul!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Unpopular opinion with some but I think he offered very poor value for his fee and his wages and I think he should have signed an extension or left last year so we got a few quid for him.

Not realistic. Not how the world works. Can’t blame a guy for running his contract down whilst offering next to nothing in return, all players do the same. Yeah, great.
I think the club would have happily sold him in the last two years if we actually got a decent bid, but nobody came in for him. As we're seeing now where Juventus (and maybe PSG) seem to be the only club trying to get him even on a free. Obviously Covid and the lockdowns have had a significant impact on clubs finances (especially outside of England), and with his disappointing form here he just wasn't an attractive signing for anybody.

SATA

Still the most unique skillset I’ve seen in a footballer and I enjoyed following his transfer thread before he arrives here. What a day that was and Pogback! No hard feelings and wish him luck to wherever he goes

MoskvaRed

What an utterly underwhelming transfer it has been. It brings to mind Keane’s infamous quote about playing well for 30 minuted against Tottenham and thinking you’re a superstar.

OrcaFat

I think the club would have happily sold him in the last two years if we actually got a decent bid, but nobody came in for him. As we're seeing now where Juventus (and maybe PSG) seem to be the only club trying to get him even on a free. Obviously Covid and the lockdowns have had a significant impact on clubs finances (especially outside of England), and with his disappointing form here he just wasn't an attractive signing for anybody.
Yeah that’s probably true. I wouldn’t buy him. At his best he was lovely to watch and actually effective but those brief periods were far outweighed by the endless periods of injury and poor form. I don’t know for sure what his attitude was like (because none of us can see inside his head) but it looked terrible.

Djemba-Djemba

He was the catalyst for Ole’s unbeaten run that gave Ole the full time gig. There are articles from around that time calling him the best player in the league. He also topped all United attacking assists prior to Mourinho. Your post is just wrong.
What are you on about?

You're just agreeing with me.

I'm saying the only sustained run of form he had where he was great was the 2 or 3 months after Mourinho was sacked. When Ole was interim manager Pogba was brilliant, at no other point in his Utd career was he consistently brilliant.

Once Ole was named permanent manager Pogba went back to his infuriating inconsistent norm.

Dannn411

Left for free twice. £89M+ fees and £40M+ in agent's fees and several millions more in wages. In a just world, everybody at the club involved in this transfer would be imprisoned.

DeGea’sFeet

Pogba’s exit is like my gf and her friends… 2 hours sitting inside chatting, 3 hours standing by the door saying good bye