Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

cyril C

Trouble was his usual mark was between 3 and 5.
He did score a 8 or 9 ONCE a season. My biggest disappointment was on Europa final, as I know he is normally more motivated in those important game, but he still didn't show up.

ReallyUSA

Whats to discuss? Pogba is one of the most talked about players in the game and apart from which of his socks he puts on first theres nothing else to know.
Well you can have that and don’t butt into a conversation about him then.

Partridge

One good game every season. Mostly half assed in his general play. Certainly won't be missed. Wouldn't even get a picture of a spitfire from me, on his way out. Maybe a haribo..

GiddyUp

Pogba has had better haircuts than all those people.
I beg to differ. Bobby Charlton's combover dancing in the wind was supposedly a thing of beauty. Nobby's hair was close to perfect, which helped to distract you from his mouth.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s going to Juve. He’ll enjoy it there, he’s only getting slower.

Adam_S

I was going to say he could have been great in one of the Man Utd teams of old, but thinking about it some more I think he'd have lasted about 5 minutes before Roy Keane decked him. Completely the wrong mentality.

It's mildly amusing seeing all these players leaving and finding out what their actual market worth is.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Trying to make it sound like he will choose Juve ahead of other options when there aren’t any. PSG need a functional midfield to support their attackers and Real Madrid have far better midfielders on their bench with another on the way.

His only offer is Juve.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Trying to make it sound like he will choose Juve ahead of other options when there aren’t any. PSG need a functional midfield to support their attackers and Real Madrid have far better midfielders on their bench with another on the way.

His only offer is Juve.
I don’t think he’s trying to make it sound anything. These things only exist in your head.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I don’t think he’s trying to make it sound anything. These things only exist in your head.
Yeah, that’s right. Because footballers don’t have publishers, media reps, agents or anything like that. Their finances and potential to make money through brands and merchandising aren’t in any way connected to what stories are put out there about them.

You are extremely naive.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Imagine him going to PSG and then Mourinho becomes their manager :lol:
He would probably make a u-turn in terms of mentality towards Jose, flourish under him and both of them end up laughing at us.

GazTheLegend

The one and only reason Pogba will go to Italy is the brain return policy https://wandererswealth.com/tax-incentive-italy/

Same reason Ronaldo went there for the two years he did.

Although I'm not 100% on whether it's been changed or still going, if anyone knows better than me please pipe up, but financially that sort of scheme is unbeatable. If Pogba takes a pay cut there, technically he will still earn more after tax, at least under that scheme if it's still a factor.

redmanx

Such a waste of money seriously, came for world transfer record fee and left for free, always underwhelming in overall season. While true we never had a good set up, but dude couldn't even be arsed.
He didnt look that great even compared to the mediocrity around him, he just couldnt be bothered to make the effort.

VivaRonaldo85

Money lost versus what we received in return makes this one of the poorest transfers in our more recent disastrous transfer history.

Pintu

Money lost versus what we received in return makes this one of the poorest transfers in our more recent disastrous transfer history.
That's not true. He has a marketing value that's worth millions worldwide, making the money argument irrelevant (or rather one in his favour). One can't say the same about other expensive recruits, including the captain.

But we can (and should be) discussing his return on the field compared to other players, and he is not the worst, not at all.

cyberman

That's not true. He has a marketing value that's worth millions worldwide, making the money argument irrelevant (or rather one in his favour). One can't say the same about other expensive recruits, including the captain.

But we can (and should be) discussing his return on the field compared to other players, and he is not the worst, not at all.
His marketing value meant little to us. We are Man Utd, he built his brand off us

Hammondo

In what way is he good for marketing?

Pintu

His marketing value meant little to us. We are Man Utd, he built his brand off us
It means Adidas pays more money to have him at the club. He was already a big player when he came to United. And he kept building his brand, in parts thanks to United, but also thanks to his own success with France.

When you do this at the biggest sporting event in the World, you make yourself even more marketable.

cyberman

It means Adidas pays more money to have him at the club. He was already a big player when he came to United. And he kept building his brand, in parts thanks to United, but also thanks to his own success with France.

When you do this at the biggest sporting event in the World, you make yourself even more marketable.

I don’t think any fact backs this up. It will have improved Pogbas deal with Addidas but not ours. He was a player from a lesser watched league playing for a team with a fan base leagues below ours. What did he bring? Sancho will be the new face now, not because he’s a marketable superstar but because he’s a star who plays for Utd.

Pintu

I don’t think any fact backs this up. It will have improved Pogbas deal with Addidas but not ours. He was a player from a lesser watched league playing for a team with a fan base leagues below ours. What did he bring? Sancho will be the new face now, not because he’s a marketable superstar but because he’s a star who plays for Utd.
He played for Juventus, not for Genoa. In that period of time, Juventus were reaching CL-finals. The CL is still the most watched league. Not one single PL club played a final between 2013 and 2017... So yes he was already a star.

This is from a few years back, but we have now passed Juventus in this ranking. United now has 58 M followers on Instagram vs Juventus' 54M (no other English club has 40M+).

When it comes to players Pogba is in a league of his own, he is the PL's second most followed player behind Cristiano. Only Salah in third is somewhat close to him. Others have less than half of his following.

Adidas does pay United a special bonus for having Pogba. (very few Adidas players in the world can replace that). Juventus has a similar deal with Adidas, that deal will get hurt with losing Dybala, which gives them a big financial incentive to bring Pogba...

I hope you're right about Sancho. I love him.

Last edited:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
No one was interested in buying him. Now there’s a lack of takers interested in grabbing him on a free.

That’s what spending six years being a dosser does to your reputation.

buchansleftleg

I'm delighted that Real have publicly stated they are not interested in him. The club needs to rebuild it's reputation and "salting the earth" around players like Pogba is one way they can do that. Woodward did a lot of damage to the clubs reputation but for me the worst thing he did was make us appear to be some sort of "sneaky" operation. swooping in on deals, releasing stories about interest in players as distractions and then leaving them high and dry always left a bad taste in my mouth.

Making it plain to other clubs the "issues" there have been with Pogba is the right way to go. it also acknowledges that we took a massive gamble on an immature player and messed up. With all that is going on in the world at the moment, people have very little patience for Prima Donna's. Do the work...we don't mind you taking the big bucks. Mess around and be high maintenance....get rid!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I was going to say he could have been great in one of the Man Utd teams of old, but thinking about it some more I think he'd have lasted about 5 minutes before Roy Keane decked him. Completely the wrong mentality.

It's mildly amusing seeing all these players leaving and finding out what their actual market worth is.
We've got to get over this whole what would Fergie do, what would Keane do, stuff the whole time.
Totally different eras.

Infra-red

It means Adidas pays more money to have him at the club.
Adidas does pay United a special bonus for having Pogba. (very few Adidas players in the world can replace that). Juventus has a similar deal with Adidas, that deal will get hurt with losing Dybala, which gives them a big financial incentive to bring Pogba
How much is this bonus worth per season to United?

90 + 5min

Problem is that his so called great talent is just fiction. Some talent but thats it. He might be world greatest man. And I am sure he is nice player if you want to have fun in dressing room. But as a player football goes first and there have been zero professionalism duing his years. Amborse says workrate is issue. Well, as a player if you don't work what is point of playing you? We are also talking about a central midfielder. You could throw me in the middle of the park for less money.