Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Pavl3n

This is gathering pace. PSG's signings are all on the free so they should have money to spend for Pogba.
I'd say sell him for 80 and bring Camavinga for 55.

lenny_1248

Buy Camavinga.
Sell Pogba and offer this money plus Lingard to West Ham for Rice.
Midfield sorted then.

Just imagine playing 4-3-3 in big games with Rice as a DM along with two pressing beasts in Fred and Camavinga. Plus Varane and Maguire behind.
We won't concede.

Dr. StrangeHate

Sell him (50mil) lingard (25mil) martial (40mil) matic (5mil) James (20mil)

gives us 130mil plus whatever our budget already is to spend and invest on the squad.

I’m going to guess we would have a additional 180million after sancho to play with.

Get varane (50mil) camaving (30mil) and grealish (100mil). Feck it I’m in FM mode. :devil:
This is great. Sell Lingard, Martial, Matic and James, and give Pogba a bumper contract so that he stays.

Dazzmondo

Just hope we get a good price. I'd be surprised if we get more than £50m, but let's see. Negotiations this summer have certainly been an improvement so far. Camavinga should add stability in cm (Pogba wasn't really playing this position anymore anyway) and Sancho should replace his flair and creativity. If we hadn't signed Sancho I'd be more concerned but now that that's done I don't think this is that big of a disaster.

slored1

PSG assembling the Avengers squad or what? Pogba, Ramos, Donnarumma, Messi, Hakimi, Wijnaldum and a Neymar contract extension in one summer would not be possible in a fecking video game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are we finally ending this never ending debate of how to fit Pogba into the team?

Please no more Raiola clients.

Delano

I think he's definitely off. Doesn't look like he'll sign a contract and realistically, it hasn't fully worked out for him. Move on and buy some who works in the system.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We’d miss his 5 good games a season.
Actually, 6 goals (scored and assisted). Unless you subtract 2 penalties conceded by him, but let's not be mean.

Funny thing, that's pretty much all we'll miss as he doesn't offer much more, especially in midfield.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Bye bye, sick of his own circus and entourage what feels like every month

Push for someone like Goretzka, or try for Renato Sanches

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If he leaves us to PSG with good enough chunk to buy a replacement, I'd cheer for him in games he's playing. That should worth 50-60m.

el3mel

PSG assembling the Avengers squad or what? Pogba, Ramos, Donnarumma, Messi, Hakimi, Wijnaldum and a Neymar contract extension in one summer would not be possible in a fecking video game.
Most of these are on free.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Why would Pogba spend his peak years in Ligue 1? I just don’t see it. He’ll either sign a new contract or wait a year and have his pick of any club in Europe. The fact he’s flirting with PSG - the only club who can realistically pay the fee and wages this year just as we’ve opened contract negations makes me inclined to believe it’ll be the former.

el3mel

So what, will be considered a flop for United if he leaves this summer, or what will the view on his United career be few years later?

Interesting to revisit him and his United career when he's 33 or something and check if anything will be memorable of it. I will probably not remember anything bar the EL final and the City game comeback.

CM

This is gathering pace. PSG's signings are all on the free so they should have money to spend for Pogba.
I'd say sell him for 80 and bring Camavinga for 55.
Hakimi cost them €80m and all the 'free' transfers will have massive hidden costs. That isn't to say they aren't still awash with money, but I guess it depends on whether they have to jump through any FFP hoops or if UEFA have given up on that concept entirely.

Otherwise milk them for all we can.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Another aspect of Pogba which is becoming a nuisance is his fitness.
Seemed like he's had long spells out over the past 2 campaigns now.

siw2007

As long as we either sell him, or he signs on, I’m not that fussed at the moment. I would want to avoid letting him go for a free again.
I would be happy to sell him for £50m but have a feeling that PSG or other teams will try to get us down to £40m ish.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why would Pogba spend his peak years in Ligue 1? I just don’t see it. He’ll either sign a new contract or wait a year and have his pick of any club in Europe. The fact he’s flirting with PSG - the only club who can realistically pay the fee and wages this year just as we’ve opened contract negations makes me inclined to believe it’ll be the former.
Hes French from Paris... PSG is one of the European super powers these days, have a world class squad and would be serious contenders for the CL as much as anyone outside of the other PL sides that he can't join. Bayern is up there, and PSG the other. Barca, Madrid and Juve are on a down swing and I wouldn't rank them among the top 5 CL favourites like PSG are.

el3mel

Because PSG have bigger chances to win CL and Pogba is approaching the end of his peak years already.

The guy has joined us when he was 23 and now he's 28. If he stays next year then he will leave while on 29. He won in these 5 years.. What, a Europe League and League Cup? :lol: Meanwhile his friend, Kante, joined Chelsea in the same year and in these 5 years won a Premier League, Champions League, plus Fa Cup and Europe League, and also won PFA poty.

Pogba knows that he has one last chance to make one final big move and compete for CL.

el3mel

Also Real Madrid aren't signing Pogba anymore, and Juve have Ronaldo's huge salaries to deal with, they won't add Pogba's to it.

Realistically speaking PSG is his only option after United to stay at a big club.

The ship has sailed for Pogba. It's time to realize he's not the big hot name he was back in 2016 when he joined us from Juve. At this time he played in a CL final, was in World best XI and every single club in the world wanted him. He's not 29 and hasn't achieved anything meaningful on club level since this move. He's not as wanted as him and Raiola believe.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
So what, will be considered a flop for United if he leaves this summer, or what will the view on his United career be few years later?

Interesting to revisit him and his United career when he's 33 or something and check if anything will be memorable of it. I will probably not remember anything bar the EL final and the City game comeback.
If he leaves today, I wouldn't consider him a flop. He had more good games than bad ones, there was a period when he was important for us. Most likely we've capitalized on his marketing value as well, so no regrets really. And I'm probably one of his biggest critics.

We just need to accept this team has moved forward and he's no longer the player who can tale us a level higher, all things considered.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
There's a reason he ended up playing on the left. He wont be missed on the left and he won't be missed in the middle of the field.
Great player with lots of talent but hes not essential for our plans

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Also Real Madrid aren't signing Pogba anymore, and Juve have Ronaldo's huge salaries to deal with, they won't add Pogba's to it.

Realistically speaking PSG is his only option after United to stay at a big club.

The ship has sailed for Pogba. It's time to realize he's not the big hot name he was back in 2016 when he joined us from Juve. At this time he played in a CL final, was in World best XI and every single club in the world wanted him. He's not 29 and hasn't achieved anything meaningful on club level since this move. He's not as wanted as him and Raiola believe.
I'm not sure if that is the case, he still is a good addition to a team which is already dominant. But for sure Raiola would like to move him at his peak. And there's nothing that suggests he'll improve next year, especially if everyone knows he's leaving and his game time is limited (as it should).

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Hes French from Paris... PSG is one of the European super powers these days, have a world class squad and would be serious contenders for the CL as much as anyone outside of the other PL sides that he can't join. Bayern is up there, and PSG the other. Barca, Madrid and Juve are on a down swing and I wouldn't rank them among the top 5 CL favourites like PSG are.
Him and his family are Marseille fans. And they just finished second in Ligue 1 with their star man wanting to leave. Pogba despite the abuse he receives on here has always struck me as enjoying a challenge and playing every week in France when he’s at his peak most certainly isn’t that. He can literally wait a year and have his pick of any club.

el3mel

I'm not sure if that is the case, he still is a good addition to a team which is already dominant. But for sure Raiola would like to move him at his peak. And there's nothing that suggests he'll improve next year, especially if everyone knows he's leaving and his game time is limited (as it should).
I'm not saying he's a bad addition obviously.

I'm saying that Pogba isn't the hottest name on the market as he was when we signed him in 2016. Back then he was pretty much the dream for any big club in midfield. After 5 years I don't think this is the case anymore.

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
He's just not worth the single digit number of great games we get out of him a season. I'm not that arsed if he leaves, especially if we can get a good fee for him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'm not saying he's a bad addition obviously.

I'm saying that Pogba isn't the hottest name on the market as he was when we signed him in 2016. Back then he was pretty much the dream for any big club in midfield. After 5 years I don't think this is the case anymore.
On the other hand, you can get him at much lower price...
*blinks at PSG

AshRK

I would sell him. Great player on his day but brings in too much of a circus.