Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Pogba played the same position as Bruno here quite a lot before Bruno arrived. As usual he was inconsistent in the role like he is in every other role.

Yeah. It never happened. But whatever makes you feel better

I don't think there's a better CM in world football so it's a shame we can't do enough to convince him to stay.

I'd rather we let him go on a free next year and see what we can do this year with Sancho and potentially Varane improving the starting lineup.

Rashford Cavani Sancho
Fernandes Pogba
CDM
Shaw Maguire Varane AWB
De Gea

We're about to be one CDM away from a world class starting 11. If we let Pogba go in this window we're back to needing two world class players to make a solid starting 11 and midfield would be very short in quality again.

FML.

Ndidi there as CDM would be perfection.

I know you’re joking but we really only need a DM that has great positioning and the ability to thread the ball between the lines and find feet in front of him.

At the moment the only way we find our forwards is by going long which is a defenders dream if they’re playing a low block.
Hah just noticed my post was a mix of two replies I was trying to write, it’s a mess.

But yeah let’s see who we get in.

Pogba played the same position as Bruno here quite a lot before Bruno arrived. As usual he was inconsistent in the role like he is in every other role.
He did but people don’t want to hear this. They prefer the narrative where Pogba was hard done by and has somehow been mismanaged for 5 years

Someone else’s gain isn’t our loss. He could have left three years ago and his highlights reel wouldn’t be much shorter.

Bye bye. Can this circus finally leave town please? Get a good price for him and never think of him again. The only thing Pogba has consistently done in his United career is disappoint fans. Even when he was playing well for France, there was an element if “why can’t you do that for United?”

He’s the definition of a luxury player. You see flashes of brilliance and are left hoping he can produce that week in week out but he generally looks apathetic, and you always got the sense that he was playing for his own brand rather than the team.

I hope we never deal with that shitbag Raiola again. Not even for Haaland. PSG will be perfect for him. Lower pressure league where he can showboat all he wants and be surrounded by the arrogant glitz and glamour of Neymar and Mbappe. I’ll bet my bottom dollar he’ll have some back handed shit to talk after he’s left too.

This.
Just put an end to it

I totally agree with previous posts that he is more suited for PSG where luxury players with high ego are welcome like neymar and mbapee..Dimaria..etc. Ofcourse it is good to keep our high profile players but pogba hasnot produced enough and we can always sign another star player.

Quality individual we would lose but potentially with hopefully a bit of money from his sale we can find the right replacement to be better as a team

Thanks for the reply and info. With the turmoil at Barca right now it's probably worth a big bid to tempt them into the sale.

As unlikely as they may be to accept it. They know what they have on their hands in Pedri.
We should try for the Dutch guy, De Jong!

In France and the Middle East he’ll be everywhere. Especially when Mbappe leaves and he’s the only French jewel.
That's an enormous downgrade. Not even sure about the middle-east. Qataris are hardly popular in the region.

Yeah I think PSG has a big shot for the CL this season too. Not Donnaruma nor Wijnaldum imo their most important signing is Ramos. As much as I dislike his dirty side in the game, guy is the type you want to be in your team if you'd like to win big things.

He played 4 games the whole of last season. 4.

We should try for the Dutch guy, De Jong!
This. He would be perfect for us.

Wouldn’t happen but I think when you see a great player that suits your system you should try your luck.

The best possible player to bring in and actually be an upgrade on Pogba. One of the few.

I wouldn't discount PSG like that, they've got to two CL finals recently and signed Donnarumma and Wijnaldum a PL and CL winner for their midfield. I can see Pogba going to PSG and getting a CL trophy pretty quickly and won't it make us look very good messing around for 5 years.

Young fans are into PSG, it might be all very recent and manufactured but PSG is a high profile club sadly
The way they are going about it isn’t how you win trophies. City are so much better as a side and will be regardless because of their style. That has been perfected with Pep and PSG haven’t even came close.

They can buy Ronaldo and Pogba if they want but in the big games Marquinhos will be asked to do too much and they will get beaten by more solid sides and tactics.

Like Real Madrid’s galacticos in the 00’s they didn’t win that much.

Sell Pogba and buy a cdm. The balance of the team can lead to better result then hoping Pogba turns up. He is world class but no point in trying to keep him if he wants out. Instead use this as opportunity to address the balance of the team.

Bye bye. Can this circus finally leave town please? Get a good price for him and never think of him again. The only thing Pogba has consistently done in his United career is disappoint fans. Even when he was playing well for France, there was an element if “why can’t you do that for United?”

He’s the definition of a luxury player. You see flashes of brilliance and are left hoping he can produce that week in week out but he generally looks apathetic, and you always got the sense that he was playing for his own brand rather than the team.

I hope we never deal with that shitbag Raiola again. Not even for Haaland. PSG will be perfect for him. Lower pressure league where he can showboat all he wants and be surrounded by the arrogant glitz and glamour of Neymar and Mbappe. I’ll bet my bottom dollar he’ll have some back handed shit to talk after he’s left too.

Pretty much, though I actually do really like Pogba a lot. He’s a super player on his day, but he’s definitely never quite been the player we wanted him to be. In five years when we reflect back on his (second) time at United, it’ll mostly be in negative terms, I’m sure of that. And there’s absolutely no doubt that we can be a better side without him, if (big caveat), we can replace him with a more appropriate player for the role.

I’m indifferent about him leaving , which says it all, when he’s good he’s great to watch it just doesn’t happen often enough unfortunately, multiple managers, 5 years and still miffed as to why it hasn’t worked .

Hopefully a blessing in disguise if he leaves, freshen things up

Reactions: Rolandofgilead
It really feels like this is the summer that he goes. Love Pogba as a player, but if he wants to go then there is no point in delaying the inevitable when he can walk out for free in a year. He also hasn't done enough to warrant a crazy contract offer with us. Let him go and invest the funds back into the team. I'd use the money to fund a move for Rice or Bassouma.

He really didn't. Bruno plays as a #10, playing as close (or closer) to our attackers as he does to the midfield.

Pogba did play in a midfield three more often than some remember, but that midfield tended to include the likes of Fellaini or Lingard so Pogba still ended up playing in a deeper midfield role because he was the only one capable of doing any build-up out of the back. About the only time that wasn't the case was when we played Matic-Herrera behind him, which allowed him to push into a more advanced role closer to how Bruno plays. It also happened to coincide with the best he's ever played for us. Actually there was also the Carrick-Herrera combo in 16/17, but that only lasted a small period of time before Mourinho played the aging Carrick into the ground.

As much hate as the current McFred midfield gets, the sad thing is that it's probably the second best midfield we've had in the last five years to actually allow Pogba to play the role he probably should have been playing the entire time. If we hadn't signed Bruno and had been playing Pogba in that role ahead of McFred over the last 18 months, I think there's a fair chance that he would have (when he was fit at least) had his best sustained run of form. But we did sign Bruno and he instantly become the fulcrum of our side, so the position isn't available for Pogba.

Oh right.

OK, go on and try and explain what Pogba has brought to the team in the 5 years that he has had been here? No one will even remember who Pogba is in a few years other than the transfer fee that we paid for him. You need an example of a player who makes a difference, look at RVP. That team was no great shake, but he dragged that team to the league title. He will be remembered for that alone.

When Pogba leaves, you will be singing a different tune and slagging him off.

At this stage, if we could sell Pogba and fund Goretzka and Sabitzer for reasonable prices, I think we would be better.

Realistically, how much can we get for him? Not like he will sign a new contract so PSG will have all the power (and Mino) in negotiations?

Looks like it will happen with Ducker reporting on it.

They need to sign his replacement quickly before the start of the season which is unlikely.

It seems the likely scenario is that Pogba would see out his contract and join the Dutch agent's players at PSG. Haaland would be along for the ride, as well.

Where was Pogba played before Bruno came? You saying he never played the position that Bruno takes for us?

False 9 number 10? When did he play that role. Enough chat just tell me when that was.

Someone said it with their chest so just tell me what I missed.

OK, go on and try and explain what Pogba has brought to the team in the 5 years that he has had been here? No one will even remember who Pogba is in a few years other than the transfer fee that we paid for him. You need an example of a player who makes a difference, look at RVP. That team was no great shake, but he dragged that team to the league title. He will be remembered for that alone.

When Pogba leaves, you will be singing a different tune and slagging him off.

I hardly doubt Paul Pogba will be a player forgotten about. It’s Paul Pogba.

I just don’t get why he’s hated so much. Sorry yes I do.

Amen brother.

I don’t really care either way. He’s not been good enough that we should give him a ridiculous wage. I would hope he either signs a new contract or we sell him. Anything but letting him walk for free.

False 9 number 10? When did he play that role. Enough chat just tell me when that was.

Someone said it with their chest so just tell me what I missed.
Bruno is a false 9 number 10? What?

Bruno plays either behind the striker / ahead of the two when we go 4231 or part of the three in midfield in an advanced role when we got 433 (as we did with matic/Pogba/Bruno). And then top of diamond when we got 442 diamond or the hybrid we had with 4 midfielders.

Pogba has played every single one of those roles for United. He played the advanced part of the three when we had Herrera/Matic/Pogba.
He played part of the 2 when we went 4231 as well as the left of the three and middle of the three.

Are you saying hes never done that for United? Or are you just saying that all Bruno does is play as a second striker (or false 9 number 10 or whatever youve just made up)

Where was Pogba played before Bruno came? You saying he never played the position that Bruno takes for us?

I remember him playing the deepest of 3 behind Lingard/Pereira/Mata with the McSaucer doing his best Stevie Me impression and bombing forward whenever he could (without producing anything in the final third of course).

Bruno is a false 9 number 10? What?

Bruno plays either behind the striker / ahead of the two when we go 4231 or part of the three in midfield in an advanced role when we got 433 (as we did with matic/Pogba/Bruno). And then top of diamond when we got 442 diamond or the hybrid we had with 4 midfielders.

Pogba has played every single one of those roles for United. He played the advanced part of the three when we had Herrera/Matic/Pogba.
He played part of the 2 when we went 4231 as well as the left of the three and middle of the three.

Are you saying hes never done that for United? Or are you just saying that all Bruno does is play as a second striker (or false 9 number 10 or whatever youve just made up)

Can you just answer the flipping question. We current play 4231. Bruno plays as a 10 infront of a double pivot.

When did Pogba do that?