Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

laughtersassassin

Liverpool being interested in Pogba is just as outlandish as the past rumour of them chasing MBappe. Imagine how limited Raiola's options must be that he has to use Liverpool to get a better contract from United/PSG.
Well Raiola isn't using their name. This is an imaginary scenario in all likelihood

Infra-red

I don't know why the thread title was changed. Clickbait like that belongs on shit websites desperate for gullible people to click their links, not supposedly the best Man Utd fan forum (widely considered the best football forum) on the net. The Liverpool links are obviously either complete rubbish made up by one of the afore-mentioned websites (by far the most likely scenario) or Raiola was discussing something with a Liverpool representative and Pogba's name was bought up for a moment. Instead the mods are now encouraging idiots to get angry, implying that Raiola is actually trying to make it happen.
Why wouldn't Raiola offer Pogba to Liverpool? I would assume that at this point, Pogba has been offered to every large club in Europe. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, PSG, Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, Inter will probably all have had a phone call from the fat slug.

Judas

Open to offers
Liverpool being interested in Pogba is just as outlandish as the past rumour of them chasing MBappe. Imagine how limited Raiola's options must be that he has to use Liverpool to get a better contract from United/PSG.
Basically sums it up really. There's no real options for him. The world and its dog knows it's PSG, or he's staying put, at least for anther year, if not beyond. No one can afford him and/or are that interested. If the Liverpool thing is even true, which I doubt, it's an idiotic link.

choccy77

In a way, i'd love to see Liverpool suffer with the Pogba show, but it would never happen.

Pogba isn't that stupid and no way Liverpool could afford his wages.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
:lol: No he likes the money, thats why hes got the club over a barrel. If he liked the club he would sign a fair new contract.
Unfortunately with the majority of footballers it isn't as simple as that. But Pogba does like Manchester United. Not like me or you, but he likes it here for the most part.

Oldyella

I would be amazed if this particular story even has anything to do with him. Some idiots just made up a tale that guarantees clicks.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Mate you're arguing that the fact that everyone says he's really to have in the dressing room is actually evidence that he's a toxic presence in the dressing room. You're arguing like a conspiracy theorist and saying that evidence that he is good is actually evidence that he is bad. And then you're not even making an argument to support your point, you're just saying 'use your brain'.

You'd fail a critical thinking class. It's a bit rich that you'd tell others to use their brain, when you haven't even bothered to explain your own position.
:cool: Let’s get this person promoted!

LonelyFire

Don’t think I’ve ever came across a player at Utd that has split opinion as much as Pogba.

He’s got world class talent and that is undeniable. He can do things that very few players in world football can do. Equally, he can be extremely frustrating because he does switch off mentally in game. It’s the latter that saw him moved out wide and subsequently, he started having a great run. Problem is, this club did not buy Paul Pogba to play on the left wing and every time we play him there, it’s a cost of something else.

Now, I’m all for having different options and he’s certainly a good one to have but we’re 5 years down the line and still debating how to get the best out of him….and he has a year to go on his contract. Add into that he has the single worst agent you would want in this scenario (from a clubs perspective) and it’s a recipe for disaster. Rather than singing his praises or slating him, sometimes the truth is in the middle. It hasn’t worked to the level we wanted it to and we’ve really only seen bursts of what he’s capable of. That’s a shame because of his ability.

However, circumstances dictate what needs to happen - we can’t let the agent distract things next season, which he absolutely will do, and we shouldnt let him walk away for nothing….again. That’s the reality.

TsuWave

Fred, McTominay, Shaw, Wan Bissaka, Maguire were all much more consistent players throughout the season. I'd put Lindelof and Cavani above Pogba as well. The only players less consistent than Pogba are Bruno, Rashford, and possibly Greenwood. I don't include players who had been rarely used (Telles, Matic, Martial, James).
You don't get a prize for being most consistent since any random month as far as I know.
Good thing I didn’t offer him a prize and simply said he was the most consistent behind Shaw. Which he was.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Would the lads in here who love him be happy if he got a long DDG/Rooney/Sanchez style contract and then started up about Real again next summer? Same kind of performances in the middle, the sublime mixed with the ridiculous, playing left wing the odd time? I’d be much much happier if Ole used him in Bruno’s spot for about 1/3 of the matches and out on the left for the added tactical flexibility but Ole clearly has a sadistic streak streak when it comes to resting certain players…. I wouldn’t mind keeping him if there’s an actual plan. If we are kicking the same can down the road then I think 350 is a very fair offer

hungrywing

his brother and agent disrespecting the club is why he needs to leave. We don't even need to talk about his inconsistent performance on the pitch. Pogba is the worst transfer of all time for us, we literally paid millions for him only to perform well for like 10 games a season and his entourage slamming the club. Good riddance to him.
Good to see more people copping onto this. It's important for the club that even one more amongst the fanbase understand it.

I don't like Raiola as much as the next guy but this idea that he's acting out on his own is fanciful.

He's carrying out the wishes of the player. If Pogba took issue with how Raiola conducts himself, all of this would've been shut down years ago, Pogba would've signed a new deal and changed agents.
One of the distinctive traits of people with deeply narcissistic personalities is that they will engage in violence via surrogates while maintaining ‘popularity’.

For example, they’ll ‘neglect’ to defend or condemn something that others perceive as incendiary or offensive or antisocial. Absolute case in point being Trump and his dodging of the issues when asked to condemn racist rhetoric invoking his name.

It’s the exact same core psychological mechanism at work here, just manifested differently. Remember, the narcissist’s core drive is the need for popularity.

For anyone wondering how stupid people have to be that Trump could have so much support, Pogba is actually a closer-to-home example of just how. It’s not rocket science; if you have a base degree of popularity, and just say the ‘right things’ at certain times, huge swaths of people will be inclined to support you and say you’re misunderstood and that the opposition is being insensitive or not seeing the whole picture etc.

The key element there is ‘base degree of popularity’; without that you can’t get away with any of the above.

Womp

idiot
IF he wants to commit, keep him. If he's on his way out, sell him, reinvest the funds into improving our midfield.

Bird Nerd

If Pogba wonders why he is so polarizing.......look at your representation and how they treat clubs/fans.

alexthelion

I'd put it at 15% Raiola, 5% Media and the rest gullible/irrational fans who are tricked or just looking for something to get up in arms about.

This Liverpool fake rumour for example.

There isn't even a real source and it's being assumed to be true. Thats literally insane.

Add to that it makes no sense for Raiola to do if anyone thought about it.

Liverpool can't afford him so Raiola would never bother try use them to bargain.

And Pogba has shown plenty of times he cares about the Club. Who cares what Raiola thinks.
Oh please, my sides :lol:

Derry City Red

Very tiresome now. We are on an upward trajectory with the signings we've made but this stain and his agent are trying turn us into a circus. SAF didn't get much wrong in his career and letting this guy go for free proves he wasn't wrong.

Since he's been back, how many games can you say "Jesus Pogba wow" 5 maybe 6. His agent is a kant and we should get rid of both.

laughtersassassin

Brilliant news for the upcoming season wether he signs a contract or not.

Here is a better title for the thread instead of a report by a nobody.

Tallis

I don’t know if the Liverpool rumour is true - probably not but it’s not beyond Raiola to do something like that. He has no regard for the sentiments of the fans of the club which employ his player (s). I recall Guardiola said in a pre-match interview that Pogba was offered to City. I don’t think he would have lied so blatantly before a game. If he can offer Pogba to City, he can offer him to Liverpool.

Tallis

I dont quite understand this update - he is under contract so why wouldnt we be confident he’ll stay?
I must confess that I don’t see this as good news. Good news would be that Man Utd are confident of selling him this summer or Man Utd are confident of extending his contract this summer with a small inrement.

laughtersassassin

I must confess that I don’t see this as good news. Good news would be that Man Utd are confident of selling him this summer or Man Utd are confident of extending his contract this summer with a small inrement.
If you look at next year in a vacuum we have a better team with him than without him so in that way it's good news.

If you care about getting an already too low transfer for him maybe it's not but I'd rather have him next year in the best team we have had since Fergie than not have him at all.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

I dont quite understand this update - he is under contract so why wouldnt we be confident he’ll stay?
Shhh.. Please don't try to include logic in journalists posting their daily quota of tweets on a news that generates lot of clicks.

crossy1686

career ending
United used your exact same logic to offer contracts to Jones, Rojo and Bailly. Pay stupid money to players who aren’t good enough as even squad players, to only get surprised that it became impossible to sell them.

If we do that with Lingard, we are going to get stuck with him till the end of his contract.
Not if we keep his wage reasonable and we loan him out to somewhere like West Ham again if it's not working out. Next time we just add an obligation to buy. Lingard isn't an injury prone Jones or Bailly, he's easily sellable

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
The liverpool tweet suggests that fat greasy pizza stuffing scumbag bastard is starting to sweat that no one (us included) is offering the obscene contract for pogba and mind blowing grease for him that he thought they would.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
He's a great player but if he doesn't want to sign another contract with us then get rid of him and get another player instead.
Besides he seems to be a bad influence on our youngsters.

Giggsy13

Raiola negotiating in public as usual. Desperate times when you’re trying to drag in the scousers in to pressure United to pay up. The club should hold firm, Pogba’s options are limited.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I'd put it at 15% Raiola, 5% Media and the rest gullible/irrational fans who are tricked or just looking for something to get up in arms about.

This Liverpool fake rumour for example.

There isn't even a real source and it's being assumed to be true. Thats literally insane.

Add to that it makes no sense for Raiola to do if anyone thought about it.

Liverpool can't afford him so Raiola would never bother try use them to bargain.

And Pogba has shown plenty of times he cares about the Club. Who cares what Raiola thinks.
:lol:

Go support Pogba fc

fps

Weird take.

Not all midfielders are great at defending, doesnt make them a passenger. Its not about talent either. Would you say "McFred is a more balanced midfield, although Juan Mata has more talent than those two combined". Its not a question of talent, its a question of position. You shouldnt play an attacking midfielder in a midfield 2. You cannot play players like Grealish, Isco, Pogba, Bruno in a midfield 2 and then be surprised that its not working. And that natural CMs like McT and Fred, give the team more balance.

Its not a question of workrate or effort, its just a square peg/round hole situation.
Then why was Pogba a square peg in a round hole in the Bruno position as well? What the heck is the point of him if he can’t play consistently well in any position?

Irwin99

Wonder how the match going fans would react to him openly seeing out his contract, similar to what Ramsay did at Arsenal a few years back if i'm not mistaken. If he plays well there'll be no problem but if things don't turn out well and his form disappears then I wonder if there'd be any hostility from sections of the crowd.

Rolaholic

You prove it otherwise..
That's not how it works when you're the one making the original claim unfounded :lol:

Literally all his current and former teammates have said the opposite but I'm sure fans have a better pulse on the dressing room dynamics than them...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The fact that the club's social media is still producing so much Pogba related advertisement says they're not expecting him to be going anywhere anytime soon