Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If we qualify for CL, then City are not at all attractive than us for players now that we've started throwing money at players.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
If the price tag is 60-80m I think he (and his agent) will end up being frustrated and the big clubs will leave him be for a season or two at Juventus until the price drops to something more reasonable. Clubs have time on their sides as Pogba is so young so I think they'll want to play the waiting game.

Real I'm presuming are favourites, they can wait as they're well stocked in that position. Barcelona are banned from signing players this year I believe? With FPP would City or Chelsea even be looking to drop 60m+ on one player? Perhaps we'll try our luck but I just can't see it happening this summer.

Ringo 07

How can you say that so matter of factly?
Honestly you'd need to be a bit simple to think he is coming back here. Real, PSG and City are all desperate to sign him and they are all miles ahead of us in the queue to get him. All PSG or City have to do to get him while satisfying FFP is to offload the likes of Cavani or Jovetic, Milner, Toure etc and Pogba is theirs. We have no hope of getting him.
I'm convinced Van Gaal will sign Nainggolan instead as I am sure Koke will not be gettable too. But Nainggolan is a top player in the making so if we get him then we will have a top central midfield player on our hands

izec

Honestly you'd need to be a bit simple to think he is coming back here. Real, PSG and City are all desperate to sign him and they are all miles ahead of us in the queue to get him. All PSG or City have to do to get him while satisfying FFP is to offload the likes of Cavani or Jovetic, Milner, Toure etc and Pogba is theirs. We have no hope of getting him.
I'm convinced Van Gaal will sign Nainggolan instead as I am sure Koke will not be gettable too. But Nainggolan is a top player in the making so if we get him then we will have a top central midfield player on our hands
How? Or lets say why?

GledTheRed

He is 27 in May.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
How many years does Pogba have left on his contract?

Could he conceivably run it down and get a massive signing bonus from a new club?

I get this notion he may end up another Anelka type moving around every few seasons for big fees and wages.

ChaddyP

How many years does Pogba have left on his contract?

Could he conceivably run it down and get a massive signing bonus from a new club?

I get this notion he may end up another Anelka type moving around every few seasons for big fees and wages.
He literally just signed a new deal back in October to extend to 2019

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If there is one thing sure is that with enough money, we could buy any players (as long as we also play CL football). Last summer showed us we can compete.

Redo91

I used to think you were a decent poster until I read this. :houllier:

I bet you said the same thing to people who suggested that we would sign the likes of RVP, Mata, Di Maria and Falcao? I would have thought after last summer that most people would realise that anything is possible from us in the transfer market. You'd need to be "a bit simple" to completely rule out us re-signing Pogba.

Thanks to FFP you can probably count on one hand the amount of teams that can sign Pogba, and we are one of them. You do realise City have already breached FFP regulations? They would need to sell half their team to be able to afford Pogba and not be in breach again. Milner is nearing the end of his contract. He would hardly be worth 10 million. Jovetic maybe £15 million. Toure is 32 so they might get £20 million for him if they are lucky. Silva and Aguero are their only players that are worth over £30 million. They don't have many out of favour players that they could sell for top dollar like Chelsea. PSG are a possibility but I think they are just about complying with FFP as it is and again don't have that many players they can sell for huge money due to their age (Marquinhos and Verratti aside).

The thing that annoys me most about Redcafe are people like you who state things as if they are facts (when they haven't got a clue) and completely discount those that disagree with them. Unless you are Pogba, his agent, or a member of the United or Juve boards, then you haven't got a f**king clue if we are in with a shout of signing him or not. I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on in the first place. It's not like Pogba has been blasting the club in the media. It's been the exact opposite. He recently said that he loves the club and will not speak ill of it. He referred to himself as a Manc another time. His agent recently said that there is no bad feeling between Pogba and the club. This all sounds like they don't want to burn any bridges and keep the option of him returning open. I mean if he was constantly moaning about the club I might be inclined to agree with you but that's not the case at all. He clearly still likes the club and the only reason he left in the first place was due to a lack of game time. That won't be an issue now.

It really looks like he is leaving this summer. Juve has recently said he is available for the right price and his agent has said that if the opportunity to leave arrives in the summer he will take it. The main threat to us in signing him in my eyes are Real. They are obviously a big draw and there is the Zidane factor. However playing time (clearly important to Pogba) might not be so easy to come by considering he would have to displace either Modric or Kroos. Chelsea could also be a threat but they seem to have cut spending a bit and hopefully the fact he is familiar with us will weigh in our favour.

All things considered I really don't know what has led to you forming the opinion that we have "no hope of getting him" despite the fact evidence suggests the exact opposite is the case. You are also convinced that we will sign Nainggolan despite the fact we have barely be linked with him even though we've been linked with half the midfielders in the world! :lol: You make him sound like some sort of top prospect he is in his mid-twenties and struggles to make the Belgian team! :lol:

Please in the future don't jump to conclusions about pure speculation on your part and don't label people as "a bit simple" that don't agree with you. As I've said above I hate people on here that say something hasn't a hope in happening when in reality they have no idea if it will or not. Unless you have any inside information (which I assume you don't) you CAN'T say that there is no chance of Pogba coming back here. I don't know whether he will come back or not but I know there is a chance he will. We are surely interested in him considering we are crying out for a player like him and LVG picked him out for praise during the World Cup. Qualifying for the Champions League next year is a must though.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"

I bet you said the same thing to people who suggested that we would sign the likes of RVP, Mata, Di Maria and Falcao? I would have thought after last summer that most people would realise that anything is possible from us in the transfer market. You'd need to be "a bit simple" to completely rule out us re-signing Pogba.

Thanks to FFP you can probably count on one hand the amount of teams that can sign Pogba, and we are one of them. You do realise City have already breached FFP regulations? They would need to sell half their team to be able to afford Pogba and not be in breach again. Milner is nearing the end of his contract. He would hardly be worth 10 million. Jovetic maybe £15 million. Toure is 32 so they might get £20 million for him if they are lucky. Silva and Aguero are their only players that are worth over £30 million. They don't have many out of favour players that they could sell for top dollar like Chelsea. PSG are a possibility but I think they are just about complying with FFP as it is and again don't have that many players they can sell for huge money due to their age (Marquinhos and Verratti aside).

The thing that annoys me most about Redcafe are people like you who state things as if they are facts (when they haven't got a clue) and completely discount those that disagree with them. Unless you are Pogba, his agent, or a member of the United or Juve boards, then you haven't got a f**king clue if we are in with a shout of signing him or not. I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on in the first place. It's not like Pogba has been blasting the club in the media. It's been the exact opposite. He recently said that he loves the club and will not speak ill of it. He referred to himself as a Manc another time. His agent recently said that there is no bad feeling between Pogba and the club. This all sounds like they don't want to burn any bridges and keep the option of him returning open. I mean if he was constantly moaning about the club I might be inclined to agree with you but that's not the case at all. He clearly still likes the club and the only reason he left in the first place was due to a lack of game time. That won't be an issue now.

It really looks like he is leaving this summer. Juve has recently said he is available for the right price and his agent has said that if the opportunity to leave arrives in the summer he will take it. The main threat to us in signing him in my eyes are Real. They are obviously a big draw and there is the Zidane factor. However playing time (clearly important to Pogba) might not be so easy to come by considering he would have to displace either Modric or Kroos. Chelsea could also be a threat but they seem to have cut spending a bit and hopefully the fact he is familiar with us will weigh in our favour.

All things considered I really don't know what has led to you forming the opinion that we have "no hope of getting him" despite the fact evidence suggests the exact opposite is the case. You are also convinced that we will sign Nainggolan despite the fact we have barely be linked with him even though we've been linked with half the midfielders in the world! :lol: You make him sound like some sort of top prospect he is in his mid-twenties and struggles to make the Belgian team! :lol:

Please in the future don't jump to conclusions about pure speculation on your part and don't label people as "a bit simple" that don't agree with you. As I've said above I hate people on here that say something hasn't a hope in happening when in reality they have no idea if it will or not. Unless you have any inside information (which I assume you don't) you CAN'T say that there is no chance of Pogba coming back here. I don't know whether he will come back or not but I know there is a chance he will. We are surely interested in him considering we are crying out for a player like him and LVG picked him out for praise during the World Cup. Qualifying for the Champions League next year is a must though.
Well said!

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
City could afford Pogba. You seem to be forgetting even with FFP restrictions we've acquired Bony, Mangala, Fernando, Caballero, Sagna and Zuculini. Next season we should, as far as I'm aware, be free of any restrictions. Jovetic should fetch about £20m. Then that will free up some wage space, factor in Nastasic and Sinclair both leaving in the summer and that's Pogba's wages already accounted for. His transfer fee would be £70m tops. Our revenues are set to rise again next year. If we wanted Pogba we could get him without selling any first team players, the only issue would be getting him to sign.

Bwuk

He is the next Galatico. He's Madrid bound.

We should be after whoever Madrid ditch to fit him in.

RooneyLegend

We have to give it a go though, we can't just sit around and say we have no chance. We have to try to sign him.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Madrid should take him and give us Luka.

I can dream. :)
That would be perfect for us :)
Modric is the best midfielder in the world, not the imo overrated Paul Pogba.
Dont get me wrong he is a good player and a great prospect, but it's the same with Bale he is not worth that huge amount of money, when we can spend it on 2,3 signings in different positions we really need.

I would bet a good amount of money on it that he will join Madrid this or next summer. Just a feeling, they have place in CM with Khedira and Illaramendi most likely leaving, they can and will spend a huge amount of money again and seems like Pogba could be the next hype shiny thing in the next transfer periods. Zidane will most likely love to see him in Madrid too.

Mali_Zeus

Dont get me wrong he is a good player and a great prospect, but it's the same with Bale he is not worth that huge amount of money, when we can spend it on 2,3 signings in different positions we really need.

I would bet a good amount of money on it that he will join Madrid this or next summer. Just a feeling, they have place in CM with Khedira and Illaramendi most likely leaving, they can and will spend a huge amount of money again and seems like Pogba could be the next hype shiny thing in the next transfer periods. Zidane will most likely love to see him in Madrid too.
Yeah its Madrid, they always want a new shiny thing so Luka will probably leave in the near future. When that happens we absolutely must have him. My favorite player in my favorite club. :drool:

Theonas

Scout

We have got too many fans on this board who worship Madrid, Chelsea and the likes. Those teams always buy the best players, never make mistakes in the transfer market, have first dibs on everyone and can get whoever they please. Weird as we have more domestic titles than both of them combined in the past few years. The jealousy is baffling.

Mali_Zeus

We have got too many fans on this board who worship Madrid, Chelsea and the likes. Those teams always buy the best players, never make mistakes in the transfer market, have first dibs on everyone and can get whoever they please. Weird as we have more domestic titles than both of them combined in the past few years. The jealousy is baffling.
Its true, Madrid and esp Chelsea are adored here. Whatever they do its bang on and great. In the same time United fans underestimate their own club..

RooneyLegend

Disagree on modric being better than Pogba. Pogba just has more in his locker plus never really loses a 50-50 in midfield.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Disagree on modric being better than Pogba. Pogba just has more in his locker plus never really loses a 50-50 in midfield.
Modric is better tbh, Pogba has the potential to surpass him, but Modric was probably the best midfielder on the planet last season.
EDIT: Madrid obviously miss him too

legball

It's funny that people think we have no chance of signing him, maybe last summer didn't show anything. We have money and unlike under Ferguson and Gill, we seem to have no worries to go that extra mile these days. Secondly, footballers aren't as sentimental as many of us think, Pogba won't simply turn down United because Ferguson and Gill didn't give him a chance/or a big enough salary a few years ago. If we qualify for champions league, and show an interest in him, the only club that could beat us to his signing would be Real Madrid, we can comfortably outbid any PL club.

legball

The situation that caused him to leave in the first place might be a huge factor. Even with SAF gone.
Because he won't get games now? Or because we won't be able to pay him a good salary? A lot is being made of "that" incident, it's lower in the list of factors that will determine where he ends up imo.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
It's funny that people think we have no chance of signing him, maybe last summer didn't show anything. We have money and unlike under Ferguson and Gill, we seem to have no worries to go that extra mile these days. Secondly, footballers aren't as sentimental as many of us think, Pogba won't simply turn down United because Ferguson and Gill didn't give him a chance/or a big enough salary a few years ago. If we qualify for champions league, and show an interest in him, the only club that could beat us to his signing would be Real Madrid, we can comfortably outbid any PL club.
But then again there are players who do hold grudges against former teams or managers, etc. After all they are human. Basically after the Ronaldo coming back epic saga that started really not even a few months after he left I take these "he's coming back" discussions with a huge grain of salt. Or sure we see players return to clubs sometimes, but more often than not once a player leaves he is goen. It seem Pogba might be the new Ronaldo in that we will see transfer window after transfer window of talk of him coming back.

legball

Just out of curiosity how many summers did you think "Ronaldo is coming back!"
Not like my answer is any relevant but I never believed we would sign Ronaldo from Real Madrid, however, are you going to compare the situation with Ronaldo & Pogba? One is up and coming, playing for a club whom we are richer than, and the other is the best player in the world, playing for the richest club in the world, they are two very different situations mate. We're very well capable of signing Pogba, Ferguson/Gill aren't the decision makers anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.