Paul Scholes is sexy!

Hellboy

Fantastic first half from Paul, but I still feel that if they close him down they will nullify his passing qualities. They gave too much time on the ball.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He has bossed the midfield. Amazing player.

MacMUFC

He needs to stop those 60 yard balls. They're giving me multiple orgasms on a more frequent basis than before and my family are getting worried.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Some of his touches have been world class. You hear all these comparisons but I don't think we could have had it any better then what we get from scholesy.

Cina

He's easily the best midfielder the Premiership has ever had. Brilliant today.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nice to hear from him at the end there, interviews with him are a rare pleasure.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What a fecking great player he is. Every year the doom-mongers tell us how we will collapse because we can't rely on him any longer, and he comes out and shows us yet again how simple football can be... if only you had his class.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
He scores goals galore, he scores goals!

Cina

Irreplaceable. Unfortunately.
True. He's a bit of a once off. We can talk about needing to sign Ozil or whomever all we want, but nobody will ever fill the gap left when Scholes is gone.

Elizabeth

Manageress
What makes Scholes so awesome is his modest reaction to his genuis.He shrugged off his MOTM today-he's a team player not an ego like so many in the game.

032Devil

All he needs to do is sit in midfield, moving a few yards this way or that way, making his awesome passes. Like that, he could still play until he's 64.

redspoony

All he needs to do is sit in midfield, moving a few yards this way or that way, making his awesome passes. Like that, he could still play until he's 64.
Pretty much what I was going to post. He was never the quickest player anyway, so its not like losing a yard of pace every season is going to do him harm!

Pardon the American Football analogy, but he's almost a quarterback!

Redrage

feck me we'll never get another Paul Scholes, you can shove your Xavi's, Fabregas and Ozils up yours.

Neutral

BTV
Pretty much what I was going to post. He was never the quickest player anyway, so its not like losing a yard of pace every season is going to do him harm!

Pardon the American Football analogy, but he's almost a quarterback!
He is a quarterback in more ways then one...have you seen a quarterback try to tackle a defensive linesman or a cornerback after throwing an interception.

Scholesy fits the role perfectly :lol::lol::lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a player. We're all going to miss him so much when he hangs his boots.

When he plays like this he just makes everyone around him look so much worse at football.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I wish I could meet Scholes, just so I could kneel before him and praise him.

B Cantona

Desperate
Fantastic first half from Paul, but I still feel that if they close him down they will nullify his passing qualities. They gave too much time on the ball.
Doesn't matter, best thing Scholes does is work the ball in tight space. When they close him down he still makes space from nowhere, and it just means they have more committed players out of the game. No-ones figured out how to nullify Scholes in a decade and a half. When he's on it, United are dominant in the middle

What a player he is. For all I love Cantona, Giggs, Robson etc... He's the first player I'm telling my grand kids about. When I was a young lad, there was this awkward ginger lad, that went by the name of Paul...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is Keane better than Scholes?

I have to admit, Keane wasn't this good when he was this old.

Scholes' football brain is just unreal. I actually felt Rooney was similar but I have to take that back. Scholes is fecking artist on the ball. Better than your Xavi's of this world.

Enigma_87

You know who
Is Keane better than Scholes?

I have to admit, Keane wasn't this good when he was this old.

Scholes' football brain is just unreal. I actually felt Rooney was similar but I have to take that back. Scholes is fecking artist on the ball. Better than your Xavi's of this world.
Have to say for me Scholes is only behind Ronnie and Zidane when it comes to the best CM in the last 2 decades. He's in a league of his own, very complex midfielder, genius when it comes to passing, excellent shooting, vision, controls the tempo.. When in his prime he easily walks into any team.

Keane was a true leader, very different to Scholes in his role, legend of course, hard to compare them.

As for Xavi, it's hard to compare 35 year old Scholes to prime Xavi. If they are the same age, I would take Scholes over him any day of the week. Scholes has bossed our midfield for like over 15 years now, Xavi is well off that standard at the time. And since legends like Zidane say he's/was the best midfielder of his generation I do think he would choose him over Xavi as well.

Zen86

Hope he carries on for a couple more seasons and settles into a nice coaching job at the club

Feed Me

I'm hungry
he had to do one today, picked up as MOTM and all.
He's ducked interviews before even if he was given MOTM. Players aren't compelled to give interviews under those circumstances.

Generally, he's done a lot more media stuff of late than he ever has before.

Enigma_87

You know who
He's ducked interviews before even if he was given MOTM. Players aren't compelled to give interviews under those circumstances.

Generally, he's done a lot more media stuff of late than he ever has before.
yeah he has before, but this was one short interview on the pitch, don't even consider it as a proper one..

Cina

Have to say for me Scholes is only behind Ronnie and Zidane when it comes to the best CM in the last 2 decades. He's in a league of his own, very complex midfielder, genius when it comes to passing, excellent shooting, vision, controls the tempo.. When in his prime he easily walks into any team.

Keane was a true leader, very different to Scholes in his role, legend of course, hard to compare them.

As for Xavi, it's hard to compare 35 year old Scholes to prime Xavi. If they are the same age, I would take Scholes over him any day of the week. Scholes has bossed our midfield for like over 15 years now, Xavi is well off that standard at the time. And since legends like Zidane say he's/was the best midfielder of his generation I do think he would choose him over Xavi as well.
I'd pretty much agree with all this. Zidane and Ronaldinho are the only 2 midfielders I can think of who were better than Scholes. He was a different class to Xavi in his prime.

Tibs

I'm going to make a prediction, this might be a bit RAWKish tho

Scholes is going to be fecking man this year, running the show whenever he plays, and we'll win atleast 2 major trophies this season...he's going to put Xavi and Iniesta in their boxes.

This will also be his last season though.