Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Wow! Five goals in 24 league starts for Dybala last year and we only have to pay him 350,000 £s a week. What a steal! Of course, if he has another disappointing year, Man Utd has another big name South American employee for life.
Meanwhile, Inter has offered 54 million £s for Lukaku. But that's below our self-appointed DOF's set value for Lukaku so it can't be accepted. In the real world if the price you set is so high that nobody will meet it, it's too high and has to be lowered. But that would be admitting having made a mistake. Can't do that.
Replace Hererra? Who needs a midfield?
Wow.. still one in two goal ratio for a ss.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I don't believe this. Unless PSG sell Neymar to Barca they won't fit in Neymar, Cavani, Mbappe and Dybala.

PSG are also tight on FFP. It feels like them filling paper columns until the deal moves forward.
Still doesn't mean that Dybala wouldn't prefer a move to PSG rather than United.

History repeating itself.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It's very obvious that dybala wants CL football and is resisting the move to us.

CR may swing it for us!

wr8_utd

:'(
If you sign Dybala do not play him WIDE right, its fiction he is used to playing there, I think its like something like 18 games in the last 3 seasons.
Played a lot of games there last season but that was obviously due to the presence of Ronaldo.

Nitewolf

I understand Dybala's position and actions.

You have a player who is considered by his team's fans a jewel. His team just signed the best young defender in the world and strengthen their midfield with brilliant signings, and they got a new coach who has an attacking mindset that might help him get the best performance to overcome his last season disappointment. Off course he wouldn't wanna leave. Juventus is one of the biggest candidates to win UCL this season so why leave?

If I was in his shoes I will have a meeting with my new coach to show my desire to stay and fight, it's called ambition and strength. If the club made it clear that they want me out then that's another thing.

This whole thing is understandable.

Thing is this is the wrong time for this whole debacle with the transfer window closing within a week. I hope we are not forgetting other targets who needs to be acquired too before deadline day.

Reactions: roonster09

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

You have a player who is considered by his team's fans a jewel. His team just signed the best young defender in the world and strengthen their midfield with brilliant signings, and they got a new coach who has an attacking mindset that might help him get the best performance to overcome his last season disappointment. Off course he wouldn't wanna leave. Juventus is one of the biggest candidates to win UCL this season so why leave?

If I was in his shoes I will have a meeting with my new coach to show my desire to stay and fight, it's called ambition and strength. If the club made it clear that they want me out then that's another thing.

Thing is this is the wrong time for this whole debacle with the transfer window closing within a week. I hope we are not forgetting other targets who needs to be acquired too before deadline day.
Why would you wanna work at a place where everyone wants you gone, not a big part of the manager's plan?

Godfather

His club has already agreed to swap him and by all accounts don't want him anymore. If he has any dignity he leaves asap.

DavelinaJolie

I just don't get it. What was the Ole quote about the quality of players who would be interested in joining utd? Yet they're seemingly steaming ahead with a player who doesn't want to leave his current club.

ReallyUSA

I just don't get it. What was the Ole quote about the quality of players who would be interested in joining utd? Yet they're seemingly steaming ahead with a player who doesn't want to leave his current club.
Only reason this is happening is because Inter are being cheap.

Nick7

Him not wanting to leave, doesn't mean he doesn't want to join.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Why would you wanna work at a place where everyone wants you gone, not a big part of the manager's plan?
True. Problem is that if he can't convince Juventus of his merits he doesn't see United as an appealing or viable alternative. Neither would I were I in his position.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Played a lot of games there last season but that was obviously due to the presence of Ronaldo.
Played pretty much the same number of games at CF, SS and RW,

At RW he played 13 games with one goal and one assist, at CF he played 10 with 2 goals and at SS he played 11 games with 6 goals and 5 assists. He doesn't have the pace to play wide, he is a similar player to van der Vaart, plays in between the lines and has the brain and technical ability to link play. He's a difficult player to fit into the modern way of playing.

You can understand both Juves and Dybala's position in this.
Sure Juve own Dybala's contract but that shouldn't give them the sole right to just move him on without respecting his wishes or listening too his desire to stay,or go somewhere more aligned to his ambition for top honours now.

If he doesn't want to join us,after having been offered a great deal by United,then fairplay. Most players would run and take the money.

If Dybala doesn't want us,we dont want him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Still doesn't mean that Dybala wouldn't prefer a move to PSG rather than United.

History repeating itself.
If he doesn't want to come that's fine, just give us the cash and we can reinvest elsewhere. Dybala's a great player but it won't be the end of the world.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I hate watching players that you know didn’t really want to join either. It’s embarrassing especially if we’re up to our old tricks. Would be over the moon with this though as we just need quality somewhere up top.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If he doesn't want to come that's fine, just give us the cash and we can reinvest elsewhere. Dybala's a great player but it won't be the end of the world.
I don’t think Juventus can afford to buy Lukaku with cash. If Dybala says no to us then we will either be relying on Inter to come back in with another offer or be stuck with a Lukaku.

Adam-Utd

I don’t think Juventus can afford to buy Lukaku with cash. If Dybala says no to us then we will either be relying on Inter to come back in with another offer or be stuck with a Lukaku.
I assume we'd rather take the lower fee offered by Inter than have him stuck with us, that's just not going to help anybody unless Lukaku can get himself motivated again.

SCJY

fecking hell, really feels like nobody of proven quality wants to come to United at all. The illusion of United being a top-tier team is well and truly shattered for me for the first time since Fergie left. I'm sure United can get it back, but considering what is out there in the global space today, I'm not so sure even Fergie's United would stack up as highly as it did during his tenure.

Treble

Why the pessimism? Not seeing any new tweet from "reliable" sources.

DavelinaJolie

Him not wanting to leave, doesn't mean he doesn't want to join.
I really, really hope that if Juve tell him he's not wanted there he gets it and is ready to apply himself somewhere else. He clearly isn't going to get the chance to establish himself at Juve and really needs to move on, he's too damn talented.

It's still all speculation, but if the indications are true that he's having to be told by team management to bugger off, that's a warning sign to me.

Adam-Utd

Why the pessimism? Not seeing any new tweet from "reliable" sources.
I think it's just the length of time it's taking.

We went from a rapid newsflash of the deal happening, Dybala flying back... now it's gone quiet. Then a few people are saying he doesn't seem convinced to join us, but we shall see.

Nobody really knows what's happening, maybe he has other offers also?

AJ10

fecking hell, really feels like nobody of proven quality wants to come to United at all. The illusion of United being a top-tier team is well and truly shattered for me for the first time since Fergie left. I'm sure United can get it back, but considering what is out there in the global space today, I'm not so sure even Fergie's United would stack up as highly as it did during his tenure.
Yeah, definitely. :rolleyes:

Lyng

As a sacrifice for Jadon Sancho’s transfer next season.
I don’t think that is necessarily the case. If you look at the best Dybala season it was not as a right winger. I have a feeling Ole might use him as a false 9, which again would mean we have room for Sancho next season.

Treble

We went from a rapid newsflash of the deal happening, Dybala flying back... now it's gone quiet. Then a few people are saying he doesn't seem convinced to join us, but we shall see.

If he is available for only 70-80m, it's natural to expect other offers. That's cheap in this market where the likes of Salah, Mane and Bernardo would go for 140m.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Which is crazy, transfers always take time and we literally only heard about the potential deal on... Monday?

Adam-Utd

Which is crazy, transfers always take time and we literally only heard about the potential deal on... Monday?
While that's true, everything seems to be agreed.... apart from the fact that Dybala can't make his mind up if he wants to join us? That isn't exactly a good sign. Why is his decision taking so long?.

He's obviously very happy and settled at Juve and doesn't want to leave. Do we really want a player that is forced out and half heartedly wants to join us? It is a bit worrying. We've been stung like that with Di Maria before.

You never know he might fall in love with the club, but if his heart is still with Juve maybe we'll never get the best of him.

Thisistheone

Pogba generally takes too much time on the ball in United, but you have a feeling that he doesn't have more creative options around him and takes everything on himself. He doesn't do that for France. Dybala is someone who can help him in that way, providing extra option to release the ball more quickly. Griezmann would be a pretty good example of how it would work. Roaming forward who offers both creative option upfront and a massive goalthreat on his own. And Dybala isn't a ball hog in a sense someone like Isco is. Bonus, they did have good chemistry while they were together in Juventus.

Sanchez was a massive failure and one of the main reasons (beside him being absolutely finished) is that he constantly went in Pogba zone while being on the left disrupting us further. Dybala won't do that.

Matic should be replaced either way. Yeah, someone at the base should definitely be more quicker in releasing the ball. That could be an issue for sure.
Sounds good then. Really hope we get this one done.

Treble

How could Dybala possibly be thrilled to leave one of the best teams around at which he is loved by the fans and move to another country and play in the EL? He isn't an academy graduate like Pogba and might be quite happy in Italy. United are a very big name but currently a step down from Juve.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
While that's true, everything seems to be agreed.... apart from the fact that Dybala can't make his mind up if he wants to join us? That isn't exactly a good sign. Why is his decision taking so long?.

He's obviously very happy and settled at Juve and doesn't want to leave. Do we really want a player that is forced out and half heartedly wants to join us? It is a bit worrying. We've been stung like that with Di Maria before.

You never know he might fall in love with the club, but if his heart is still with Juve maybe we'll never get the best of him.
How long has it been? Less than a week isn't exactly a long time.

Siorac

Why can’t Ronaldo persuade Dybala to join?
He left us when we were a great team in Dybala's place I'd be very skeptical of his attempts to persuade me to join at a time when we are universally acknowledged to be shite.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If he doesn’t want to come here - then sack it off completely. Give them Lukaku for whatever money - and then just go balls deep on Fernandes.

Status
Not open for further replies.