Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

bondsname

Dybala can take his time, sure, but I hope Ed is negotiating on all fronts with Maguire, possibly Longstaff and Bruno aswell, not just sitting there rolling his thumbs while waiting for a decision from Dybala.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's a professional decision and not an obvious one, joy has next to no part in it. We are not talking about an upcoming player potentially moving from Cagliari to United.
I get that, but for me if he's having this much of a difficult decision then is it really a good move for us?

He's going to cost £65-80m in value, £350,000 P/W and he might not even be happy playing for us? It's a major risk.

I like Dybala but the club should seriously consider pulling out if he can't give us positive signals soon. Go back to Inter and just take a few quid less.

Buy somebody that wants to play for us. Perhaps buy an actual right winger that we've wanted for ages.

JBD-dane

Did we not learn anything from the past. If he don't want to move to us then turn the deal off or sell Lukaku and get cash. It will be another Di Maria story.

dove

Only Ed could make the potential signing of a very good centre back for a world record fee feel like an abysmal failure.
Paying over £80m for Maguire would be a failure.

Treble

I can only imagine the RAGE had a non-United fan posted this :lol:.
Nah, I guess the majority of posters on here recognise that United are not Dybala's dream destination right now. That said, he might love it here IF he is a success. The league is better, the global exposure as well. And the money too. A move to United is not meaningless for him, not a priori at least.

joedirt87

We haven’t even seen a tweet from massimo Di Culo on the situation yet. That is when we’ve reached peak Italian transfer news

redshaw

Only natural he wants to stay, if I was him I'd try to stay/wait till next summer or at least wait to see other offers and not accept the first one way ticket. Juve see this as a way to get a Higuain/Mandzukic replacement up top at 26 years old for someone they don't want to play as a second striker and have right sided players to do his job.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Dybala can take his time, sure, but I hope Ed is negotiating on all fronts with Maguire, possibly Longstaff and Bruno aswell, not just sitting there rolling his thumbs while waiting for a decision from Dybala.
You know that's exactly what's likely to be happening. By some reports, Spurs had officials in Lisbon yesterday trying to hash out a deal. Why would they travel all that way if we had any sort of deal in place? We'll end up with fecking Mandzukic and £60m for Lukaku, if anything.

Siorac

Well no, they're not mutually exclusive now are they? He may want to join but prefer to stay. People are jumping on a single report that says he wanted to stay and using that as an excuse to say he doesn't want to join.
But as of right now, until he's convinced that Juve definitely don't want him, he probably doesn't want to join.

Honestly, from his perspective, this is not a very enticing move. Unfamiliar country, Europa League, a way more physical league, poor prospects of winning stuff... not to mention we don't really have a history of diminutive skilful number 10s being very successful. We just usually don't play that way.

Really, the only reason he might want to join - if he's forced out of Juventus - is money. That's our thing these days.

SCJY

As if we’re the ones who’ve leaked this to the press when every single article has come from Italian journalists. It’s probably an incredibly difficult deal to pull off due to our circumstances, also please tell me when we “missed out” on Ronaldo because as far as we know we were never in for him.
We weren't officially in for Ronaldo, but these speculations are rarely official. If United were still up to their winning ways, don't you think a return to United would have been a consideration? Of course it would have been. But with the state of United since Fergie left, there was just never any hope of pulling off a deal like that. So yes, the state of the club and the structure means United can't pull off deals such as that, so yes, I would consider that a major failure in itself.

DoomSlayer

We should be setting deadlines on these deals and tell the agents we can't wait or bend over their clients like we are some minnow club. If they really have serious doubts about coming here, move on to other players.

It just gets so embarrassing, we seem even more desperate then before. I'm sure Fernandes would be delighted to join our club and if Dybala won't be, so be it.

Nick7

But as of right now, until he's convinced that Juve definitely don't want him, he probably doesn't want to join.

Honestly, from his perspective, this is not a very enticing move. Unfamiliar country, Europa League, a way more physical league, poor prospects of winning stuff... not to mention we don't really have a history of diminutive skilful number 10s being very successful. We just usually don't play that way.

Really, the only reason he might want to join - if he's forced out of Juventus - is money. That's our thing these days.
I don't disagree, but saying he doesn't want to join is unknowable yet people keep saying that because of a single report that might well be absolute bollocks.

red4ever 79

Juve don't want him. His choice is stay or leave. He doesn't/didn't want to leave. Is he just going to hang around Juve's training ground for the next year? He may have preferred to stay but he's hardly going to not leave if there's no place for him.

Then, he may want to join, but if having the option, preferred to stay. It's not a binary choice but people are acting like it is.
Alternatively he may have other preferred destinations. You are assuming everything is so black and white. European windows dont close until the end of August. Plenty of time for him to find something else if Juve dont want him.

DRM

Did we not learn anything from the past. If he don't want to move to us then turn the deal off or sell Lukaku and get cash. It will be another Di Maria story.
Agree with this. As soon as the going will get tough (which lets be honest, at United it will) he's simply gonna give up and look for the soonest chance to get the feck out of here.

Treble

According to the Independent, United are ‘struggling to strike an agreement’ with Dybala.

It’s reported that there are ‘significant distance between the positions of the two parties’ and that Dybala is ‘nconvinced whether the move would be a “good step” for his career.’

lysglimt

Scout
I can understand Dybala not wanting to go to United, and prefer say Barcelona or even PSG....

But why he wants to stay at a club who has made it ridiculously clear (even in a rather foul way) that they want him gone - now that, I do not understand

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I get that, but for me if he's having this much of a difficult decision then is it really a good move for us?

He's going to cost £65-80m in value, £350,000 P/W and he might not even be happy playing for us? It's a major risk.

I like Dybala but the club should seriously consider pulling out if he can't give us positive signals soon. Go back to Inter and just take a few quid less.

Buy somebody that wants to play for us. Perhaps buy an actual right winger that we've wanted for ages.
Regarding your question, my answer would be that it doesn't mean anything because what makes it a good move are the reasons why he would be positive about the move, not how long it took him to come to that conclusion. Hasty answers aren't necessarily properly motivated, in fact my experience tell me that they are often terrible. The reality is that he didn't choose that situation, he didn't engineer it and has to catch up and make the best out of a personally bad context, if I was to give him an advice, it would be to take all the time that he needs and think about himself, think about what United and Juventus will/won't offer, about the place that Ole and Sarri have/won't have for him and if he can even look at other options in other clubs.

Dybala is a professional, he isn't a fan of one of these clubs and this isn't a game or entertainment. It's his life and it's a very important moment in his career.

R'hllor

Denial mode is on i see, now scrambling will start and lack of CL will be blamed lulz

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We weren't officially in for Ronaldo, but these speculations are rarely official. If United were still up to their winning ways, don't you think a return to United would have been a consideration? Of course it would have been. But with the state of United since Fergie left, there was just never any hope of pulling off a deal like that. So yes, the state of the club and the structure means United can't pull off deals such as that, so yes, I would consider that a major failure in itself.
We weren’t in for Ronaldo because of his age, astronomical wages (just a reminder we’d signed Sanchez for the same position who was already costing us a fortune) & the fact that he didn’t get on with our manager at the time.

Treble

I can understand Dybala not wanting to go to United, and prefer say Barcelona or even PSG....

But why he wants to stay at a club who has made it ridiculously clear (even in a rather foul way) that they want him gone - now that, I do not understand
Because maybe he is loved by the fans and the other forwards at the club are 34, 33, 33 year old while the young talent Kean is about to be sold.

Nick7

Alternatively he may have other preferred destinations. You are assuming everything is so black and white. European windows dont close until the end of August. Plenty of time for him to find something else if Juve dont want him.
Yeah? That doesn't mean "he doesn't want to join us" is true. What I'm saying is that's completely unknowable and "he doesn't want to leave" doesn't mean he wouldn't like to join us if he had the chance. We just don't know for sure, yet.

clee1992

Like at the end of the day we shouldn't be worrying if the club pays £80 million for Maguire or has to pay £300,000 a week on wages for Dybala . If a player is going to make our team better then pay whatever it takes to get him here.

Siorac

Denial mode is on i see, now scrambling will start and lack of CL will be blamed lulz
Are you saying it's not a significant contributing factor? I think it's fairly obvious we'd be somewhat more attractive with CL football on offer.

Castia

Hints that we’re disgusted about Dybala’s demands....sounds like he’s fecked us off and we’re trying to save face.

6 days left of the window and we can’t get any deals done. Shite

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
In every ‘saga’ we go through this period of doubt and negativity because people feel the need to fill space. How about you just chill out and wait for reliable updates from the likes of Di Marzio and Agresti?

R'hllor

Are you saying it's not a significant contributing factor? I think it's fairly obvious we'd be somewhat more attractive with CL football on offer.
In this specific case? Lack of CL have feck all of influence.

Treble

It was always going to be the case I think. Only way we're attracting someone like him in this sort of situation when we're in the position we're currently in.
true but we should think also about the repercussions in the dressing room. Is it smart to give him more money than say DDG and Pogba who have played several years for United and are arguably more important than him? If we have 3-4 players on 400k a week, the wage structure might explode.

Judas

Open to offers
Hints that we’re disgusted about Dybala’s demands....sounds like he’s fecked us off and we’re trying to save face.

6 days left of the window and we can’t get any deals done. Shite
If loads of media outlets start reporting that then yeah sounds like its that sort of situation. So far it's just MEN though which are shite.

AltiUn

Far too much pessimism in here at the moment for my liking.
I think it’s natural to be a bit worried, it’s going to be a very difficult task to convince him that United is a good project and to give up CL football for at least a season.

the hea

I would love Dybala at Utd but if he doesn't wanna play here we should just tell him to get fecked and go for someone else instead. The last thing this team needs is another sulking unmotivated player who rather would be somewhere else. Maguire and Fernandes seems more than willing to move to Utd so put the energy on those 2 instead.

SATA

I rather wait for the Italian journos for some reliable reports then the english press and sky who want to get in the act

Hopefully some good news this evening

AltiUn

If loads of media outlets start reporting that then yeah sounds like its that sort of situation. So far it's just MEN though which are shite.
There’s only 4 journalists worth listening to for this transfer, Di Marzio, Romano, Pedulla and Agresto.

bondsname

I think it’s natural to be a bit worried, it’s going to be a very difficult task to convince him that United is a good project and to give up CL football for at least a season.
Tell him he can have Thursdays off, I would most certainly accept that offer.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Sounds like MEN wanting a slice of the action because there's really not much to report at the moment.
If true, you'd expect quite a few outlets to be reporting it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.