Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We won’t know much about what’s going on till 7pm - 8pm tonight, that’s when the meetings will presumably be concluded and around the time we’ve had all our other information dumps over the last few days.

Nick7

Sounds like MEN wanting a slice of the action because there's really not much to report at the moment.
If true, you'd expect quite a few outlets to be reporting it now.
Seems the same thing happening with Maguire “oh there’s no new news, just bump the asking price up 5m and run a new story”

luke511

Lukaku's getting sent to the slaughterhouse here, Juventus fans are gonna hate him before they've even seen his first touch.

TRUERED89

This is the tweet in question. The journalist in question is fairly reliable when it comes to Juve.
Translation: -
In the first summit with the #Juve Paulo #Dybala vote no to #ManchesterUnited. He wants to stay black and white. Today new meetings: Parstici in pressing

Doesn't look good!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Seems the same thing happening with Maguire “oh there’s no new news, just bump the asking price up 5m and run a new story”
Gets the clicks in from desperate United fans wanting information. More clicks = more money. These guys aren't stupid thats for sure.
If Dybala wasn't serious about joining, i doubt we'd have gotten this far. It'd be over before it had even began, and likely wouldn't have really gotten a mention.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Regarding your question, my answer would be that it doesn't mean anything because what makes it a good move are the reasons why he would be positive about the move, not how long it took him to come to that conclusion. Hasty answers aren't necessarily properly motivated, in fact my experience tell me that they are often terrible. The reality is that he didn't choose that situation, he didn't engineer it and has to catch up and make the best out of a personally bad context, if I was to give him an advice, it would be to take all the time that he needs and think about himself, think about what United and Juventus will/won't offer, about the place that Ole and Sarri have/won't have for him and if he can even look at other options in other clubs.

Dybala is a professional, he isn't a fan of one of these clubs and this isn't a game or entertainment. It's his life and it's a very important moment in his career.
All fair points, I hope as you say he's taking a moment to absorb all the facts and information and not just say yes to regret it in the future.

Let's hope we get a positive outcome, but if he doesn't want to join us i'd rather he be honest also.

Trophy Room

I can’t be bothered with transfers anymore.
I would love Dybala at Utd but if he doesn't wanna play here we should just tell him to get fecked and go for someone else instead. The last thing this team needs is another sulking unmotivated player who rather would be somewhere else. Maguire and Fernandes seems more than willing to move to Utd so put the energy on those 2 instead.
Exactly. I’m least bothered if he doesn’t want to come. We’ll be fine.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Translation: -
In the first summit with the #Juve Paulo #Dybala vote no to #ManchesterUnited. He wants to stay black and white. Today new meetings: Parstici in pressing

Doesn't look good!
So lets say Dybala stands his ground, stays at Juve and doesn't play much at all. Pretty much spending the entire season on the bench due to Sarri really not wanting to play him. Wouldn't he have pretty much dented his career? One poor season, then another season barely playing? Clubs like Real/Barca/PSG wouldn't really be looking at him, his value would plummet and he'd end up going to a lesser club than what he'd want. Can see why Juve would want him gone now whilst he still has quite a bit of value.

MattyB1986

Ugh! Nothing to see here. No significant news, just shite media outlets clickbaiting. Check back later (in 5 mins) :lol:

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Did we not learn anything from the past. If he don't want to move to us then turn the deal off or sell Lukaku and get cash. It will be another Di Maria story.
A Lukaku cash sale for the fee wanted by United is proving impossible, hence the swap deal. But Juve handled it badly. They should have first discussed the issue with the player and got his views and endorsement before agreeing a swap deal then trying to convince the player to take it,. It's quite apparent the player doesn't want the deal and would probably prefer either to stay at Juve or to choose his next club in a cash deal.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Juve don't want him. His choice is stay or leave. He doesn't/didn't want to leave. Is he just going to hang around Juve's training ground for the next year? He may have preferred to stay but he's hardly going to not leave if there's no place for him.

Then, he may want to join, but if having the option, preferred to stay. It's not a binary choice but people are acting like it is.
Ah got ya.

Devil may care

Regarding your question, my answer would be that it doesn't mean anything because what makes it a good move are the reasons why he would be positive about the move, not how long it took him to come to that conclusion. Hasty answers aren't necessarily properly motivated, in fact my experience tell me that they are often terrible. The reality is that he didn't choose that situation, he didn't engineer it and has to catch up and make the best out of a personally bad context, if I was to give him an advice, it would be to take all the time that he needs and think about himself, think about what United and Juventus will/won't offer, about the place that Ole and Sarri have/won't have for him and if he can even look at other options in other clubs.

Dybala is a professional, he isn't a fan of one of these clubs and this isn't a game or entertainment. It's his life and it's a very important moment in his career.
I agree, from his perspective he's been treat like a pawn by Juve, just discarded like he doesn't matter, that has to sting professionally and personally. On top of that he's been pushed towards a club that right now is not a very attractive proposition, we are not in the CL, our club has no football director and a manager with virtually no top level experience, and he's also a South American being asked to leave sunny Turin for cold Manchester, it's a lot for him to process.

On the other side of the coin his marketability will go up here as we are still bigger than Juve even in our current state, and if Ole can sell the idea to him of being a central star at Old Trafford he could come here with a point to prove. I think he could be great for us, he has all of the talent to be, I hope we get this done but if he chooses not to come it'll be disappointing but understandable.

TrueRed79

Great to see muppets losing their shit in this thread today. These are the good auld times in the transfer forum.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
There’s only 4 journalists worth listening to for this transfer, Di Marzio, Romano, Pedulla and Agresto.
Exactly. Hope people stop losing their shit when some tom dick harry tweets something, which is just a guess work.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Lukaku's getting sent to the slaughterhouse here, Juventus fans are gonna hate him before they've even seen his first touch.
he'll score enough goals to keep them more than happy - their midfield does that strange thing and pass to a guy in the same coloured shirt when he's in a good position

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
he'll score enough goals to keep them more than happy - their midfield does that strange thing and pass to a guy in the same coloured shirt when he's in a good position
Not even Ronaldinho could whip up a pass good enough for Lukaku to control on his touch.

He feasts off easier teams and does nothing against the top sides anyways.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I agree, from his perspective he's been treat like a pawn by Juve, just discarded like he doesn't matter, that has to sting professionally and personally. On top of that he's been pushed towards a club that right now is not a very attractive proposition, we are not in the CL, our club has no football director and a manager with virtually no top level experience, and he's also a South American being asked to leave sunny Turin for cold Manchester, it's a lot for him to process.

On the other side of the coin his marketability will go up here as we are still bigger than Juve even in our current state, and if Ole can sell the idea to him of being a central star at Old Trafford he could come here with a point to prove. I think he could be great for us, he has all of the talent to be, I hope we get this done but if he chooses not to come it'll be disappointing but understandable.
You know some of the comments in this thread are worrying if the club feels the same way, if it thinks that it shouldn't put the work in convincing players, making them believe and enthusiastic about the project and the future, if that's the case then it's no wonder why we are struggling when it comes to signing top players and maintaining a certain level of ambition within the playing staff. When I look at the fan base, I see a lot of "new money" mentality, fans who think that we just have to snap our fingers and players are supposed to run in our direction while their clubs have the obligation to bend over.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I'd wait until Di Marzio says anything. People will be trying to seem like they're ahead of everybody else when they're actually just talking shite. We've had 2 completely contradictory tweets in here in the past half hour. They are all just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.