g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
As far as I can see, the article doesn't say that a 3rd party own them. It says that they did own them from 2016-17, and that now Juve own "only some portion". Presumably Dybala owns the rest?
Yeah, but they are legally challenging they are owed money. So if you don’t want to help him out, he’ll still want a base salary that he has right now.

Brophs

The One and Only
I won't need an excuse … for the simple reason that I haven't said he will sign for Spurs. But it's not impossible that he will - for reasons that I've already given earlier in this thread.

And those saying that it is impossible, seriously under-rate the attractiveness of what Spurs offer … but that's nothing new.
He obviously could sign for Spurs. It's not exactly unimaginable. However, his current salary is said to be €7.5m net. With his image rights being held by a third party. That means that he'd need to earn something upwards of £13m gross, exclusive of image rights, to avoid taking a pay cut. Even if you believe his wage demands were designed to put off United, I struggle to imagine he'll take a wage cut, so that would have Spurs paying something like £250,000 a week*. I imagine that's at the top end of Spurs' wage structure?

*Before anyone corrects my numbers, they're all literally worked out from the top of my head as I'm typing. I'm sure I've gotten something wrong.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
His girlfriend probably calling the shots now wanting to move to London.

This is going to get interesting. How the likes of Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern, even Chelsea etc haven't also been involved, given one of the most talented players in world football is so obviously listed for sale, is strange. Maybe he is overrated by the fans who watch the game and not rated by those within the game?
Think it's more a case of timing. None of the elite clubs in Europe are looking for a Dybala type player.

Chelsea could have been interested if not for their transfer ban, but the likes of Barca, Madrid, Bayern require strengthening in different areas.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So players are rejecting us for Spurs now?

feck, how badly we have fallen. He better still be making these farcical demands for them too. What was it, £315k a week after tax?

Enfant terrible

I said it before. Dybala is mentaly fragile.
You have to wonder, why doesent Messi want him in Argentina? Messi would give his left ballsack for a title with Argentina. Also, why doesent Ronaldo want him at Juve? What s the deal with this kid? Remember the game Juve vs Ajax? No Dybala. Juve vs Real? No Dybala. He scored 4 goals against Young Boys, but he is no where to be found in the big games. Hope he signs for Spurs, so we get Eriksen

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So players are rejecting us for Spurs now?

feck, how badly we have fallen. He better still be making these farcical demands for them too. What was it, £315k a week after tax?
Apparently he didn't reject us, we walked away - if you believe the brief that is.
Sky are saying that the move for Dybala hinges on Eriksen and Rose leaving, so if he was going to sign for them, which i doubt he will, surely that means Eriksen is likely to come to us.

Treble

Wouldn't be too bad to lose out on Dybala for Eriksen. Might be a blessing in disguise, as they say.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Never claimed you will but you won’t actually be saying that Dybala didn’t want to play for Spurs will you?
Look, is it so hard to accept that Dybala doesn't fancy playing in the Europa League for a team that's in transition under a novice manager?

And equally, the issue of wages aside for the moment, is it really so hard to believe that - Dybala just might fancy moving to London, from a club that doesn't want him, to join an in-demand Argentinian manager and three other Argentinian players, to play in the CL for a top 4 club in a fantastic new stadium?

tomaldinho1

Spurs will likely get Coutinho and Eriksen may well come to us.
Dybala will likely end up at PSG later on in August. I'm starting to believe the reports that he just doesn't want to play in the Premier league
I think Dybala will move now - it's clear Juve want him out. I personally am not sure about how well he'd do in the PL but would like to see him in the league as he's an exciting player with a big reputation, it's in our benefit for him to move as then Lukaku moves to Juve anyway.

From my viewpoint of no knowledge and likely inaccurate media articles he's heartbroken about having to leave Juve and by all accounts he doesn't want to so is probably trying to stall as best he can given he's young and 2 of Juve's strikers are 33 and 34

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Look, is it so hard to accept that Dybala doesn't fancy playing in the Europa League for a team that's in transition under a novice manager?

And equally, the issue of wages aside for the moment, is it really so hard to believe that - Dybala just might fancy moving to London, from a club that doesn't want him, to join an in-demand Argentinian manager and three other Argentinian players, to play in the CL for a top 4 club in a fantastic new stadium?
Yea, let's just put aside the enormous issue of wages.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Amazing what a new stadium and one Champions League final does to some supporters.
I'm sure he'll also be joining to get in on winning all them trophies that Spurs are always challenging for too! Let me guess, if Spurs have a stinker of a season, it'll be a blip and normal service will resume the following season?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Your other reasons make sense (although ultimately we will just not pay enough for these kind of players) but I really think you overestimate how much playing in a cool stadium means to a player. I don't think it'll have much influence over a player's decision at all.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

The major issue is also the image rights owned by a third party company who are
also suing Dybala

Mainoldo

Not at all. If United don’t want him. But I highly doubt if we become interested in the next 24 hours we get the deal over you.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

He probably doesn't even know about your shinny new stadium

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
What i read is that he has a contract with a 3rd party and he unilateraly cancelled the contract last year i think it was.
The 3rd party are now taking legal action, which i imagine would have to be sorted out with any buying club
Why would Spurs need to get involved if we weren't requiring any image rights in the first place? Wouldn't it be a matter for Dybala to sort out with the 3rd party?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Surely Dybala to Spurs will fall apart due to his wage demands if United wouldn't pay it?
I doubt Spurs could afford his wage. We were willing to pay £11m, so Spurs would have to at least match that to stand any chance? If he really wanted too, he could get his agent to drop all fees and get back in touch with United. I just don't think he's interested in coming to England and if he does, it'd majorly against his will and he'll look to get out at the first opportunity.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well, you better hope you don't win the Champions League anytime soon, Poch already said he'd consider his future and try something new if he won it last season!
I mean if that was the option...see ya later Poch! :lol:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
The major issue is also the image rights owned by a third party company who are
also suing Dybala
As I've said, why would that be anything to do with Spurs if we weren't asking for any image rights?

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
His girlfriend probably calling the shots now wanting to move to London.

This is going to get interesting. How the likes of Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern, even Chelsea etc haven't also been involved, given one of the most talented players in world football is so obviously listed for sale, is strange. Maybe he is overrated by the fans who watch the game and not rated by those within the game?
Transfer banned otherwise they would be all over it.

Treble

It's obvious Dybala wouldn't want as much from Spurs as he did from United.

If he goes to Spurs, it will be mostly because of Pochettino. Ole is a romantic figure for United fans but quite a gamble for people outside United.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
As I've said, why would that be anything to do with Spurs if we weren't asking for any image rights?
Every player's contract permits the club certain use of his image, regardless of whether specific fees are involved for that use.

If he doesn't own his own image rights he can't give that permission.

redshaw

Something like that. Almost £600k a week gross, or 3 times what they are paying Kane. No chance.
No it wasn't that high. That's stupid Bale money.

He wanted £18 million a year gross which is about £350k gross. Pogba is on £290k gross.

At Juve he's said to be on 13 million euro gross or 250k euro a week gross which is about 7.5 million euro after tax.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's obvious Dybala wouldn't want as much from Spurs as he did from United.

If he goes to Spurs, it will be mostly because of Pochettino. Ole is a romantic figure for United fans but quite a gamble for people outside United.
Really? I doubt that to be fair.
He doesn't want to leave Juve, hes made that clear, crystal clear in fact. If he moves hes going to want a pay rise, Spurs would likely struggle to pay him what he earns now, nevermind a large raise too.

With his mindset and thoughts on the Premier League, I doubt playing for Poch is going to make much of a difference

Justin Bieber

Every player's contract permits the club certain use of his image, regardless of whether specific fees are involved for that use.

If he doesn't own his own image rights he can't give that permission.
Also Levy isn't an idiot, you don't sign one of the most marketable players in football and not be able to.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
"Okay, Paulo, I hear you, you want £600k a week, but wait just one moment, there's something I want you to see.

What's say we pay you £250k but you get to play half your matches here .... *spins laptop around with screensaver of an aerial view of Spurs stadium*."

George The Best

No it wasn't that high. That's stupid Bale money.

He wanted £18 million a year gross which is about £350k gross. Pogba is on £290k gross.

At Juve he's said to be on 13 million euro gross or 250k euro a week gross which is about 7.5 million euro after tax.
Where are you getting your figures from. Italian wages are usually quoted net of tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.