Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

Think this might actually happen. Pretty sure Fernandes will be off to the scousers now as hes definitely coming to England and I have no faith we have agreed a deal.

Andy_Cole

While it seemed like BS at the time, Castles reported a month ago we agreed to pay 100m for him. There maybe was some truth to it

It may look like out of the blue, but i wouldnt be surprised if we were already talking for quite a while here.
I think castles just throws shit on the wall hoping something sticks. This may have done.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So my understanding is that Sarri will attempt to show him the door when he returns from his holiday. Anyone know when that'll be? We have absolutely no time to waste surely.

Also, I have a bad feeling about this. If he's reluctant to join us or if his heart isn't in it, I'd rather sell to Inter for the most they're willing to pay and reinvest ourselves.

Judas

Open to offers
Think this might actually happen. Pretty sure Fernandes will be off to the scousers now as hes definitely coming to England and I have no faith we have agreed a deal.
Based on what? His club/agent are desperate to sell him for big money to England, but beyond that I don't see why it's clear he's definitely coming over.

izec

So my understanding is that Sarri will attempt to show him the door when he returns from his holiday. Anyone know when that'll be? We have absolutely no time to waste surely.

Also, I have a bad feeling about this. If he's reluctant to join us or if his heart isn't in it, I'd rather sell to Inter for the most they're willing to pay and reinvest ourselves.
In the next days, so tomorrow or Thursday probably

kirk buttercup

I think we could use Dybala and Bruno in the same team unfortunately that means Pogba playing deeper

BRUNO--- MCTOM --- POGBA

--------- DYBALA ----
Rashford ------- Martial

Bruno has a huge work rate defensively so could sit in that midfield 3 . If pogba leaves SMS will sit in there too by the looks of it . But personally I think this is all games by the agents to drive prices

Alemar

In the next days, so tomorrow or Thursday probably
Why can't they discuss the issue immediately? It's 2019, there are videoconferencing facilities everywhere, and the matter is urgent for all parties concerned

Orwellians

I would rather keep the band together, have Lukaku and Pogba tear it up as a 9 + 10.
Fast players either side, Rashford and Martial (understudied by Greenwood and Chong.)
McTom is great, +signing.
Defence is solid, +signing.
DDG/Romero

Wish we still had Mou as manager tbh.
Wish OGS all the best.

Fosu-Mens

Set pieces: Yes.
Technical ability: Yes.
Left footed: Yes.
Can play/operate Multiple positions: Yes.
Can create and finish: Yes.

If we manage to get this deal done with Juventus, then we should be satisfied.

A front 4 with Pogba, Dybala, Martial and Rashford(Greenwood) would be inconsistent as F, but extremely entertaining. If we managed to get some serious central midfielders, then we should be in for a top 4 position.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I can see why Juve would be interested in this. Would it be fair to say Dybala has been sidelined by Ronnie's arrival? Whereas Lukaku offers something very different in their attack and would absolutely bang goals in Serie A I think.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can see why Juve would be interested in this. Would it be fair to say Dybala has been sidelined by Ronnie's arrival? Whereas Lukaku offers something very different in their attack and would absolutely bang goals in Serie A I think.
Basically.

swred

I'd swap Lukaku for a packet of Smarties, swapping him for Dybala? Bite my hand off!

sherrinford

Set pieces: Yes.
Technical ability: Yes.
Left footed: Yes.
Can play/operate Multiple positions: Yes.
Can create and finish: Yes.

If we manage to get this deal done with Juventus, then we should be satisfied.

A front 4 with Pogba, Dybala, Martial and Rashford(Greenwood) would be inconsistent as F, but extremely entertaining. If we managed to get some serious central midfielders, then we should be in for a top 4 position.
Pogba isn’t going to play in the front four, and any attacking quartet involving both Martial and Dybala will probably struggle to click.

FrenchRed

I would rather keep the band together, have Lukaku and Pogba tear it up as a 9 + 10.
Fast players either side, Rashford and Martial (understudied by Greenwood and Chong.)
DDG/Romero

Wish OGS all the best.
/Speechless

Andersons Dietician

Pogba isn’t going to play in the front four, and any attacking quartet involving both Martial and Dybala will probably struggle to click.
Agree with the Pogba thing but why do you think Martial and Dybala would struggle to click? The two of them are great at interchanges in tight spaces and moving off.

kirk buttercup

DDG/Romero

Wish OGS all the best.
:lol::lol: bit early to be drinking . Not sure Pogba has ever played no.9

Adcuth

I think we could use Dybala and Bruno in the same team unfortunately that means Pogba playing deeper

BRUNO--- MCTOM --- POGBA

--------- DYBALA ----
Rashford ------- Martial

Bruno has a huge work rate defensively so could sit in that midfield 3 . If pogba leaves SMS will sit in there too by the looks of it . But personally I think this is all games by the agents to drive prices
I quite like that, also looks to be plenty of room for rotation given Bruno and Gomez can play in the #10. Dybala and Greeenwood could fill in either of the front row positions. Looks good

Fosu-Mens

The only reason he isn't is because of the lack of capable midfielders in the squad. A waste of his talent. I agree that if we played with a midfield trio, then PP would play there, but he is wasted as a deep sitting playmaker in a midfield duo. Also, takes to many risks to be playing there and not disciplined enough.

Both Dybala and Martial are intelligent players (When Martial can be bothered) and usually makes good decisions. Rashford is the one that would be an issue in regards to flow, as he shoots too often, takes time on the ball, not a good passer or at receiving and in general could become better at his decisionmaking.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Desperately need someone to take the whole creative burden from Pogba. And Paul had a great understanding with him. So, yes please. This is the type of transfer we should be targeting.

I just don't understand why Sarri would want Lukaku looking at the way he plays, so still very sceptical about it. If they don't want Dybala anymore we should still try to give them the money if Lukaku heads for Inter in the end.

Raw

This transfer would be fecking brilliant as I've always been a huge fan of Dybala. Therefore I believe it's never going to happen.

SirAnderson

Dammit. Told myself not to believe this nonsense.
Muppet in me won't allow it.
Falcao, Di Maria, Sanchez. I never learn...
Let's hope as do all Muppets, that The Paulo is the answer to all our questioning!

SirAnderson

Thank God that ghis rumour came this late. Imagine whole summer of refreshing websites and hoping that Dybala will come?
This dream will day in a few days.

And who needs Dybala anyway? Yes, he knows how to score, dribble and shit like that but can he run around and open space?
Oh man it would have been torture if it started just as the season ended.

spaceboyRSA

Dammit. Told myself not to believe this nonsense.
Muppet in me won't allow it.
Falcao, Di Maria, Sanchez. I never learn...
Let's hope as do all Muppets, that The Paulo is the answer to all our questioning!
Throw enough shit, eventually something will stick.

Hopefully we've had enough shit (Falcao, Di Maria, Sanchez) and now Paulo is the one who sticks

Alemar

He of course is not. A CB, a DM, and a RW are still needed - but we can say that Dybala is one of the four critical missing pieces of the puzzle

SirAnderson

He of course is not. A CB, a DM, and a RW are still needed - but we can say that Dybala is one of the four critical missing pieces of the puzzle
There is no reasoning with Muppets. Shiny signings gloss over all problems is what I mean by answering all our questionings.

But yeah, I still think Maguire will be joining.
As for DM, I think I could be fine with the cover we have as I don't rate Longstaff really.
Not sure about the RW either...whats Dan James for, I believe he can play both sides, cause if we going to stick him on the LW, it just makes the whole Martial debate come up again. Personally between Rashford, Greenwood and him, they should share the Striker role until someone claims it as their own, that's if we don't actually buy some one, which I doubt we would.

One would think if RW has been our problem since the ancient of days, that we would actually definitively deal with it... But no.

SATA

Do we have enough time to get this over the line? He’s not coming back till Wednesday/Thursday from his holiday yes?

Infra-red

He is a WUM but he didn’t say Pogba as a #9. Lukaku as a 9 and Pogba as a 10.
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Pogba in a midfield two isn't the best strategy unless you're playing weak opposition who will happily surrender ball possession.

If Ole hasn't already figured this out, he will do shortly.

I'd much rather see Pogba (assuming he's still here) freed up from the responsibilities of a deep midfield role.

Fosu-Mens

Does he work hard and press? As we're a pressing side now.
Not the best, but far better than Mata. Not effective when there is space and will not run after the ball like a headless chicken(Sanchez and to some degree Rashford). So must be a team effort, i.e. press as a unit towards one side and force a risky pass between the line or a long ball. Not many players that are able to press on their own though, but can press as part of a unit as long as the team is able to compress. Intelligent footballer so should be able to find positions and distance to make himself useful(Similar to Mata, but he is slow as F so makes little difference).

Sp00ks11

Do we have enough time to get this over the line? He’s not coming back till Wednesday/Thursday from his holiday yes?
Manchester United need at least 8 weeks to wrap up a signing, so NO. Thank god though as I think Dybala would be a disaster for us. Although I must agree swapping him with Lukaku is maybe worth a punt. As Lukaku is gash.

We have to be more ruthless though, this shouldn’t mean we don’t sign Fernandes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.