Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamadovich86

Conflicted about this, on the one hand Dybala is a top player and can really help us if he performs well. On the other hand, being included in a swap deal indicates signals that he might not be interested in coming here. Also i'm wary of why Juventus would want to sell him, I didnt follow them last season but I get the impression that he hasnt been playing much, Juventus are masters of the transfer market and any deal they would make surely is in their favor.

DoomSlayer

I don't think Dybala is suited to the PL. He will struggle massively and won't have much motivation playing for a team like ours that is in heavy transition.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The noises are Dybala isn't fully convinced, and probably not helped that his mate Pogba actually wants to leave too.

Smells of Di Maria all over again.

izec

Dont get the Di Maria comparisions. They are nothing alike character wise. Plus Di Maria was in a different situation. He was one of their best players that season and they still sold him. Dybala knows he is not wanted, he would have left if Allegri was still there and now Sarri isnt too keen on him either/wants Lukaku more.

If Dybala wants a fresh start, there shouldnt be any issues. Nobody is going to handcuff him and deposit him at OT.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I am pretty sure Ole has emphasized desire and hunger the key ingredients for the new signings. It would be another stupid mistake if the board forced it. If Dybala has second thoughts about coming here then we should steer clear. We don't need another AdM.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ironically, I recall many on here mocking the Juventus fans on Juventuz forum(spelling) that we'll be back and snap Dybala off them in a few years too(after we had acquired Pogba).

Now obviously they've had more success the past 3 years, but would be hilarious to see their meltdown again.

-Supreme-

It appears the reports suggest that he will be asked to make a decision when he comes back from holiday but do we know when he's due back?

Jacob

Doesn't want to come, is lazy, we shouldn't want him. Have we lot learned? You are blind to names. The fact that he is nicknamed 'the jewel' also tells its own story. In sure his silky on the pitch but so too is Mata.

DoomSlayer

Doesn't want to come, is lazy, we shouldn't want him. Have we lot learned? You are blind to names. The fact that he is nicknamed 'the jewel' also tells its own story. In sure his silky on the pitch but so too is Mata.
It's the FIFA obsession most probably. Good player rating with potential to reach over 90 rating so must be a good transfer. :lol:

ayushreddevil9

It's the FIFA obsession most probably. Good player rating with potential to reach over 90 rating so must be a good transfer. :lol:
Yeah. I don't even understand the obsession for SMS. Maguire is pushing for a transfer to us. We need more players like him when it comes to desire.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Always a bit concerned when someone (apparently) needs to be "convinced" / "pressured" into joining us (see ADM) ...

He's also by all accounts a bit of a knob.

nyanza

Damn, I would actually be amazed if this happens. He's wouldn't be my first choice to drop a lot of chash on but directly getting a Lukaku replacement in an exchange instead of looking for one when everyone will be aware of our needs and trying to fleece us actually sounds fantastic.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah. I don't even understand the obsession for SMS. Maguire is pushing for a transfer to us. We need more players like him when it comes to desire.
That I agree 100% with, we don't know how Dybala would feel for sure but playing for a certain surrounded by uncertainty, in the EL? If he isn't motivated, it'd be understandable.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Hargreaves once pushed for a move to us. Just saying.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
he's obviously qualtiy but fits the same profile as every other big name, failed signing we've had since Fergie retired. I mean the fact that Juve want to swap him for Lukaku says it all.

KennyBurner

Do you have any statistics on his average distance per game? Lukaku was just as lazy and I hope Dybala isn’t the same.

Just reading this thread is so amazing considering how many have wanted him previously in the past.

Renegade

You just know how he looks for Argentina is how he’ll end up looking for us. I’d prefer him to Lukaku but I don’t think he’ll change our fortunes massively.

ayushreddevil9

Exactly. One doesn't mean it'll play out the same way. Each transfer and individual is different. We'll see.
No we can't afford to take another gamble with a big name signing. If he is has his heart set out for us, welcome otherwise stay in Turin.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Question - if he's so good why do Juve want to replace Dybala with Lukaku?

My only worry is this whole he doesn't want to leave Juventus thing. We want players ready to bleed for the shirt.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hypothetially, if united signed Dybala, would that be the end of the Fernandes story?
If we were ever in for Fernandes, its important to note they do not play the same position. Dybala is a SS/CF/RF while Fernandes is a CM/CAM. If we sign Savic maybe then we don't go for Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.