Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Hypothetially, if united signed Dybala, would that be the end of the Fernandes story?
I thought they played in different positions? I see as Dybala replacing Lukaku, but we still need to replace the midfielders we've lost

izec

he's obviously qualtiy but fits the same profile as every other big name, failed signing we've had since Fergie retired. I mean the fact that Juve want to swap him for Lukaku says it all.
Italian clubs have done some stupid transfers in the past. Juve are generally good in the market, but they changed a bit since their redesign and going for bigger things. Also no Marotta anymore.

Juve want to move him on because they dont need him. They tried last season to accomodate him and came to the conclusion that they cant get the best out of him with their current squad. If Sarri prefers someone like Lukaku to Dybala, good for him. Ole thinks otherwise.

They value him around 100m after a bad season. If they ask for more, they will never get rid of him. Dont know why people are so pessimistic when it comes to big name signings. It isnt a curse, just good or bad business.

Ayoub Dahchour

I still believing Lukaku is much better than Rashford. Because Rashford fail many goals. Lukaku is much killer than him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Question - if he's so good why do Juve want to replace Dybala with Lukaku?

My only worry is this whole he doesn't want to leave Juventus thing. We want players ready to bleed for the shirt.
Their move for Ronaldo created an issue, Dybala who was very good the previous season doesn't really suit Ronaldo because he is at his best when he is the attacking hub. Also if the rumours are correct, Juventus think that Lukaku is a pivot and a warrior...

Jacob

Do you have any statistics on his average distance per game? Lukaku was just as lazy and I hope Dybala isn’t the same.

Just reading this thread is so amazing considering how many have wanted him previously in the past.
Why is he being compared to Lukaku? We are not forced to do a player transfer. He should be compared to all relevant strikers in the world. I don't even think Lukaku needs replacing, at least not this summer.

Highfather_24

Does Dybala have the workrate/intensity/pace to play as a forward in Ole’s system? How good a fit is he as a #10 in Ole’s 4-2-3-1? Honest question.

izec

While it seemed like BS at the time, Castles reported a month ago we agreed to pay 100m for him. There maybe was some truth to it

It may look like out of the blue, but i wouldnt be surprised if we were already talking for quite a while here.

Thisistheone

Wut? They spunk the whole of their Pogba money on Higuin
Which basically blew their nearest rival away in the league while landing them more Scudetto's and cementing their place at the top of the pile.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Italian clubs have done some stupid transfers in the past. Juve are generally good in the market, but they changed a bit since their redesign and going for bigger things. Also no Marotta anymore.

Juve want to move him on because they dont need him. They tried last season to accomodate him and came to the conclusion that they cant get the best out of him with their current squad. If Sarri prefers someone like Lukaku to Dybala, good for him. Ole thinks otherwise.

They value him around 100m after a bad season. If they ask for more, they will never get rid of him. Dont know why people are so pessimistic when it comes to big name signings. It isnt a curse, just good or bad business.
I'm not particularly against the transfer. If we want to spend the Lukaku money instead of just taking it in and doing nothing then I'm all for it, but Dybala doesn't come across as a player with the sort of great attitude that Ole supposedly wants for the team. It seems to go against every report we've seen this summer about the players he wants to bring in.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Does Dybala have the workrate/intensity/pace to play as a forward in Ole’s system? How good a fit is he as a #10 in Ole’s 4-2-3-1? Honest question.
His best position is the place Lingard was occupying last season as the player at the tip of the diamond behind the two main strikers. While Lingard can run his bollocks off but lacks in attacking output, Dybala will get you 15+ goals but not press the same way Solskjær would like. Dybala can also play off the right cutting in, the way Mata does but that is a bit less efficient use of him. He needs to be in and around the goal, linking up with other flair players.

Either way, I think he needs a year of acclimatisation and gym work to get strong enough to not lose the ball in the premier league. Think of Falcao in his first season with United.

-Supreme-

Their move for Ronaldo created an issue, Dybala who was very good the previous season doesn't really suit Ronaldo because he is at his best when he is the attacking hub. Also if the rumours are correct, Juventus think that Lukaku is a pivot and a warrior...
Sarri mentioned recently that he intends to play Ronaldo on the left of the attack this coming season, so it makes sense they want to bring a striker in like Lukaku

JPRouve

Scout
Sarri mentioned recently that he intends to play Ronaldo on the left of the attack this coming season, so it makes sense they want to bring a striker in like Lukaku
No it doesn't make sense, there is a reason why Benzema won the battle over Higuain. Ronaldo is mainly a goal scorer and likes strikers that can feed him or create space for him. That's not Lukaku.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Are you sure? I read that Sarri wants Ronaldo central

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't get the Fernandes angle. I don't thinknwe are signing him in any case. Looking at how we have played preseason, to me, we are after a deep-lying midfielder. That explains the Longstaff bid.

Judas

Open to offers
Don't get the Fernandes angle. I don't thinknwe are signing him in any case. Looking at how we have played preseason, to me, we are after a deep-lying midfielder. That explains the Longstaff bid.
Yep. Maybe maybe we showed an interest at the back end of the season/start of summer, but I honestly don't think he's seen as an option now, and we're not going for him.

Patrick08

Yep. Maybe maybe we showed an interest at the back end of the season/start of summer, but I honestly don't think he's seen as an option now, and we're not going for him.
That would be stupidity on our part. We have a free run this summer, next season expect Chelsea to be in the race too or more clubs as well who knows.

-Supreme-

No it doesn't make sense, there is a reason why Benzema won the battle over Higuain. Ronaldo is mainly a goal scorer and likes strikers that can feed him or create space for him. That's not Lukaku.
I get what you mean, but Lukaku has a high chance of succeeding in Serie A - and they most likely see that.

Plus they want to get rid of Dybala so this swap deal will fix their situation quickly and most importantly it's not easy to find a buyer that can afford £80m+ fees and on top finding a proven goal scorer.

Snafu17

A languid, technically wonderful South American, who would rather stay at his current big club, that possibly doesn't fit with our intended playing style and for whom you can't really see an obvious way to fit him in our first eleven. Sure let's get him, I can't see any obvious red flags and I'll also swipe right on any girl on Tinder with the line "If you can't handle my sarcasm you don't deserve me" written in her bio.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I get what you mean, but Lukaku has a high chance of succeeding in Serie A - and they most likely see that.

Plus they want to get rid of Dybala so this swap deal will fix their situation quickly and most importantly it's not easy to find a buyer that can afford £80m+ fees and on top finding a proven goal scorer.
Why has Lukaku a high chance of succeeding there ?

Judas

Open to offers
That would be stupidity on our part. We have a free run this summer, next season expect Chelsea to be in the race too or more clubs as well who knows.
Yeah its potentially stupid, but if we don't think he fits in and there's not a role for him, especially with Pogba staying, then it is what it is. I'd like to think it means we've got a plan, which would make a big change.

-Supreme-

Are you sure? I read that Sarri wants Ronaldo central
Direct quote from Sarri

We’ll use him (Ronaldo) mainly as a forward on the left wing, knowing that he loves to shoot. He must make the difference," said Sarri."

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I haven’t seen enough of him recently to be excited or concerned but I know last season he was a player I would love to see at United.

I know he’s dropped off a bit stats wise which I always assumed was down to Ronaldo being the main man wherever he goes.

If we do sign him I don’t think he’ll slot right in and I’ll be honest I struggle to see where he’d fit into the United XI.

De Gea
AWB Smalling Lindelof Shaw
Matic
Pogba CM
Dybala Rashford Martial

But RW isn’t his best position and in pre season it’s been a mix of 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1 so perhaps we’re looking at him as the creative No10?

I am a bit worried about his position but he’s definitely a step up on Mata who is probably our closest equivalent player to him and Lingard talent wise, whether or not he can match up to the physical output of the latter would be another concern.

Still if it means getting rid of Lukaku I would say Dybala is of equal value and maybe better suited to help unlock a defence.

Halal Jalal

Even though there are some doubtful aspects to this swap deal, especially:

1. Why would Sarri want Lukaku? We remember his brand of football from PL, it's all about quick one-twos and first touch. Isn't this just a game to trick their rivals Inter into massively overpaying for Rom?
2. Why would Juve be willing to let Dybala go so easily? Theoretically, he should have all the attributes for the new tactical plan Sarri wants to implement. Do they know something we don't, like attitude issues maybe?

...but the Dybala hype is simply too strong now, so I can't help myself :drool: Mostly because:

1. World class player, finally someone on Pogba's level and worthy of playing with him. They also happen to be best mates!
2. 4-2-3-1 is going to be our default formation next season, and as things stand we have washed up Mata and f*cking JLingz as our #10 options. We can expect Dybala to score 20 goals and add 20 assists in all competitions from that position!

JPRouve

Scout

Lukaku doesn't have a particular chance to be successful in Serie A and even then being individually successful doesn't mean that it serves the team well. They should know it since they did the same thing with Higuain who was actually scoring in Serie A but they quickly realized that football is a little bit more complicated than that, also they need him to be successful in Champions League, they have enough firepower for Serie A.

Alemar

I'm not sure where we're gonna play Dybala in our team really.
As a RF in the mould of Salah (not a RW), or as a Griezmann if you would, or as a 10. He is versatile to an extent across the front line and also does not tend to drift to the left (as quite a few of our attackers do). He is left-footed too which isn’t a bad thing for a team like ours (where only left footed player is Mata)

Shinjch

If he comes, he can only be played behind the striker. I don't see it happening though, as exciting as it would be.

romufc

And yet we should selling lukaku with 25% discount. He didnt even have a terrible season.

Patrick08

Yeah its potentially stupid, but if we don't think he fits in and there's not a role for him, especially with Pogba staying, then it is what it is. I'd like to think it means we've got a plan, which would make a big change.
He fits perfectly at 8 in herrera's position, don't know why café only see him as a 10 when he has just played one season there. He is not a defensive liablilty or a moody player like pogba.

Zoo

Juve, Dybala-Lukaku: the exchange takes place
The attacker had promised Conte, but the Bianconeri are now on pole. After the United proposal he put the Argentine for sale. Only Paulo can blow everything up

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 09:20

The Lukaku-Dybala exchange between United and Juventus travels on safe tracks. We are not yet at the closing and Inter is not cut out completely in the Belgian race, but on the Turin-Manchester axis last night there was a feeling that the operation could be completed. The same conviction also applies to the Nerazzurri, where it is no coincidence that the attentions have been diverted to Edinson Cavani. The bank may jump if the Argentine Joya, which no longer falls within the plans of the Juventus executives, will refuse to move beyond the Channel, but at the Continassa I am convinced that there are margins to convince him. Also because United will propose him an engagement that, including the bonuses, will challenge the double figures (of millions). While Lukaku, who had promised himself to Conte, will accept (unless sensational surprises) to go on to form a super attack with Cristiano Ronaldo. CR7 will have a "clone" of Benzema and Sarri will be able to count on a striker who in the Premier held an average goal higher than that of a certain Drogba, a point capable from 2012-13 until today to score less than just Aguero and Kane. Not bad...

The idea of the exchange came to United who needed a striker with the characteristics of Dybala to complete his advanced department. Juventus seemed to be more focused on Icardi, which it wanted to take at a fixed price, but as the talks with Woodward came alive, he understood that the solution linked to Lukaku was very advantageous. That's why DS Paratici first met the player's agent, Federico Pastorello, and then started working with him with strength and determination. Juve and Manchester have to fix the details and there is still something to file about the two cards' ratings, but there is optimism about the white smoke. When will the announcement arrive? In Manchester they would like to close by the end of the week because the English market will end on August 8th and they hope not to get too close to the gong, but at this point they are also willing to take a small risk. Because Dybala is considered by Solskjaer the ideal element for his 4-2-3-1. The priority, therefore, is to snatch Paulo's yes. At all costs.
https://www.corrieredellosport.it/n...9489464/juver_dybala-lukaku_lo_scambio_si_fa/

Halal Jalal

Juve, Dybala-Lukaku: the exchange takes place
The attacker had promised Conte, but the Bianconeri are now on pole. After the United proposal he put the Argentine for sale. Only Paulo can blow everything up

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 09:20

The Lukaku-Dybala exchange between United and Juventus travels on safe tracks. We are not yet at the closing and Inter is not cut out completely in the Belgian race, but on the Turin-Manchester axis last night there was a feeling that the operation could be completed. The same conviction also applies to the Nerazzurri, where it is no coincidence that the attentions have been diverted to Edinson Cavani. The bank may jump if the Argentine Joya, which no longer falls within the plans of the Juventus executives, will refuse to move beyond the Channel, but at the Continassa I am convinced that there are margins to convince him. Also because United will propose him an engagement that, including the bonuses, will challenge the double figures (of millions). While Lukaku, who had promised himself to Conte, will accept (unless sensational surprises) to go on to form a super attack with Cristiano Ronaldo. CR7 will have a "clone" of Benzema and Sarri will be able to count on a striker who in the Premier held an average goal higher than that of a certain Drogba, a point capable from 2012-13 until today to score less than just Aguero and Kane. Not bad...

The idea of the exchange came to United who needed a striker with the characteristics of Dybala to complete his advanced department. Juventus seemed to be more focused on Icardi, which it wanted to take at a fixed price, but as the talks with Woodward came alive, he understood that the solution linked to Lukaku was very advantageous. That's why DS Paratici first met the player's agent, Federico Pastorello, and then started working with him with strength and determination. Juve and Manchester have to fix the details and there is still something to file about the two cards' ratings, but there is optimism about the white smoke. When will the announcement arrive? In Manchester they would like to close by the end of the week because the English market will end on August 8th and they hope not to get too close to the gong, but at this point they are also willing to take a small risk. Because Dybala is considered by Solskjaer the ideal element for his 4-2-3-1. The priority, therefore, is to snatch Paulo's yes. At all costs.
https://www.corrieredellosport.it/n...9489464/juver_dybala-lukaku_lo_scambio_si_fa/
Ed please don't screw this up. Give the lad 300k/w if that's what he demands :drool:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I haven’t seen enough of him recently to be excited or concerned but I know last season he was a player I would love to see at United.

I know he’s dropped off a bit stats wise which I always assumed was down to Ronaldo being the main man wherever he goes.

If we do sign him I don’t think he’ll slot right in and I’ll be honest I struggle to see where he’d fit into the United XI.

De Gea
AWB Smalling Lindelof Shaw
Matic
Pogba CM
Dybala Rashford Martial

But RW isn’t his best position and in pre season it’s been a mix of 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1 so perhaps we’re looking at him as the creative No10?

I am a bit worried about his position but he’s definitely a step up on Mata who is probably our closest equivalent player to him and Lingard talent wise, whether or not he can match up to the physical output of the latter would be another concern.

Still if it means getting rid of Lukaku I would say Dybala is of equal value and maybe better suited to help unlock a defence.
We won’t be playing 433. In a 4231, Oles preferred formation and the formation we’ve played all preseason, he’ll play in the middle of the 3 behind the striker - a natural position he’s played many times before.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hypothetially, if united signed Dybala, would that be the end of the Fernandes story?
I don't think that we even want Bruno. Ole decided to play with 2 mc only. We have Fred, McT, Matic, Pogba and Pereira. If we know how shit we are in selling players, i don't think that we will add another midfielder this window

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Thank God that this rumour came this late. Imagine whole summer of refreshing websites and hoping that Dybala will come?
This dream will end in a few days.

And who needs Dybala anyway? Yes, he knows how to score, dribble and shit like that but can he run around and open space?

Last edited:

ovoxo

He fits perfectly at 8 in herrera's position, don't know why café only see him as a 10 when he has just played one season there. He is not a defensive liablilty or a moody player like pogba.
Problem is if we’re continuing to play 4-2-3-1 and Pogba will start deep as he has done all pre season, we won’t sign an 8 necessarily. It’ll be Pogba and another. Most likely Mctominay, which would also make sense as to why we’re linked with Longstaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.