Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSingh2002

Alarm bells ringing on this one.

Can only assume the club would be more interested in saving the transfer fee of Antony and getting a free transfer with Dybala. I wish we don't though. Some freebies aren't worth it.

Theo88

So this surely supports the idea that he’s been more and more injury prone over the last few seasons. And he’s missing at crucial times.
Playing devils advocate here, the majority of his injuries are muscle fatigue and he misses a couple of games a pop. That could be also poor fitness rather than chronic issues.
I mean this lad doesnt hold a candle on Pogbinho

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I hope I’m wrong about this. I guess the whole package is there for the club. Cheap overall package for a player thats built a very marketable persona. Player majorly needs a move to try to reignite his career and his dream club don’t want to pay him any extra money because he’s peaked. Meanwhile we give the biggest deals in the world to players like that and let the up and coming talent go to better run clubs.

Stumpy

It’s funny how all this same people on here who are slating this transfer but yet the same people who was telling us Pogba, Wan Bissaka, Harry McGuire and even Rangnik will be amazing signings

Just watch that shower of shit we had playing last season and you can you honestly say Dybala wouldn’t improve us?

Honestly the mind boggles

Aeryis

So we've needed a defensive midfielder and strong centre midfielders for 5 years now, and we could only come up with Fred. We've needed a starting left footed RW for 10 years now and we could only come up with Di Maria who last half a season. We've needed a true number 9 since Lukaku left and we could only come up with a half baked Martial and a left sided forward in Ronaldo. We constantly ignore holes in the squad. Number 10s/attacking midfielders and second strikers though? This will be the 4th one in 2 years!

Good to know that this "new" administration isn't any different than Woodward's. Now I can safely remove all expectations for our new era to save myself from being disappointed again. Rather do it now before the season starts.

TheReligion

Abusive
So we've needed a defensive midfielder and strong centre midfielders for 5 years now, and we could only come up with Fred. We've needed a starting left footed RW for 10 years now and we could only come up with Di Maria who last half a season. We've needed a true number 9 since Lukaku left and we could only come up with a half baked Martial and a left sided forward in Ronaldo. We constantly ignore holes in the squad. Number 10s/attacking midfielders and second strikers though? This will be the 4th one in 2 years!

Good to know that this "new" administration isn't any different than Woodward's. Now I can safely remove all expectations for our new era to save myself from being disappointed again. Rather do it now before the season starts.
Martial was at the club before Lukaku? Ronaldo is a CF?

Eriksen and FDJ are both central midfield players?

What are you talking about here?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I think we need 2 attackers anyway if Ronaldo goes so makes sense to get someone in on a free with our limited budget.

We would have Rashford, Sancho, Martial and Elanga as senior attackers for the season. We definitely need 2 more bodies

flappyjay

No thanks
Not a real number 9, can't play as a fake 9, Not a natural RW, injury prone player, would want big wages and will come with an attitude like Pogba.
We just got rid of a bunch of big unnecessary contracts so it makes sense we create another group of big unnecessary contracts. Juventus tried to flog him off to us for Lukaku a few years back. They now proceed to not offer him a contract and hear we come running. Of all the high profile free agents he is the only one who was purposely let go, that should raise alarm bells. Hate to admit it, I wish Ralph was around and had power. This is the type of crap deals he was talking about.

Ali Dia

Could Dybala not be an attempt to placate Ronadlo? They got on well at Juve and supposedly our lack of ambition is part of the reason Ronadlo wants to leave. This will be a big outlay. The problem is it’s expensive, noisy and I doubt it’ll be enough to make a huge difference to our play and could eventually even be detrimental to morale. I hope we get rid of ronaldo and don’t sign Dybala. I was right about Ronadlo and I fear I’ll be right about this one too.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Obviously a very talented player, that's never been in question. But we've got a Juve supporter saying he's got some serious issues with fitness or possibly underlying health condition, he's been released by Juve, he was apparently brought to tears over the perspect of leaving Juve to join us previously. There's been a lot said about him that doesn't paint him in the best light. We'd have to trust ETH but it does feel like one of our famous impulse signings due to the unexpected Ronaldo situation.

A lot of fans that are into big names will just salivate over the prospect but I'd like to hear more from Juve fans as to what we could expect from him. Di Canio was a bit everything scathing, describing him as a "cry baby" and a bit weak mentally.

Last edited:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It's physically impossible to cover for Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood Mata & Lingard, even if he stays fit for majority season.

Definitely refusing to believe it's the only move for attacker... Amad, Pellistri and Elanga would have to fire on all cylinders.

It's just impossible...

Redcy

We need bodies in attack. Ronaldo is probably going to leave and not going to get enough of a fee to buy a decent replacement.

Greenwood is long gone, Martial is almost certainly done here and if he doesn’t leave the club do we really want to see him playing?

Cavani, Lingard and Mata gone. Even Pogba played wide a lot (not saying that’s where Dybala will play but emphasises how light we have become in those front 3 positions).

I know next to nothing about Dybala, but based on his reputation I’m sure he will be decent enough to make up the numbers which we sorely need. If we can agree a decent wage then it makes sense.
Reputation is pretty much all he has now. No pace, isn't a goalscorer, can't dribble, cant play as a pacy winger in Italy....

Sounds like a typical United signing

PoTMS

Guys, it's Dybala. Or one of Martial, Rashford or Elanga up front.

Dybala is the best we're going to get this session. We're not signing any big name striker, not that there's any on the market right now anyway or that will come to us. Even if they did, we don't have the funds for a Kane or Lewandowski.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Injury record is concerning, yes, but on a free, with not too extortionate wages? Surely worth a punt
We're not really in a position to take punts, I don't think. We could do to get as many signings right as possible. Plus our squad hasn't got the most professional attitude as it is, adding another player with questionable mentality might not be the best idea.

Laurencio

Alarm bells ringing on this one.

Can only assume the club would be more interested in saving the transfer fee of Antony and getting a free transfer with Dybala. I wish we don't though. Some freebies aren't worth it.
There is absolutely no reason why Dybala on a free should exclude Antony as a target - quite the contrary. By getting a freebie in to replace Ronaldo, we can afford to buy Anyony - on the other hand, if we pay money for a striker, we will not be able to afford to get Antony as well.

The question really is whether he's good enough or not - maybe we need to spend big on a striker and wait until next summer for Antony.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Just hope we pass on him.
I really really wouldn't want to see him in an United shirt, avoid like plague.

Redcy

Anyone who thinks he is not coming on big money is having a laugh. 3+1 contract on about 300k, another Sanchez type deal, in fact thats unfair on Sanchez he came as a top player who everyone wanted

DeGea’sFeet

Perfect signing replaces both Pogba and Ronaldo…. and is on a free… if you know you know if not here’s a hint Woodward himself would be proud.

Ali Dia

It’s literally the transfer I wanted least of all. The only thing worse would have been Pogba getting a new deal here and we were clearly offering him a huge deal. It’s going to take ages to get better if we keep operating like this. For every good thing we do we seem to do 2 bad things. Dybala will basically cancel out getting rid of Pogba. A progressive DOF could surely get more creative with that kind of money.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Anyone who thinks he is not coming on big money is having a laugh. 3+1 contract on about 300k, another Sanchez type deal, in fact thats unfair on Sanchez he came as a top player who everyone wanted
Not a chance. I think he'd be offered 150-200k. It will also be heavily incentivesed. A 2+1 deal on about 200k a week and I'd absolutely have him.

Redcy

There is absolutely no reason why Dybala on a free should exclude Antony as a target - quite the contrary. By getting a freebie in to replace Ronaldo, we can afford to buy Anyony - on the other hand, if we pay money for a striker, we will not be able to afford to get Antony as well.

The question really is whether he's good enough or not - maybe we need to spend big on a striker and wait until next summer for Antony.
Antony is almost certainly dead as a deal. Dybala if he comes will be our only attacker signing. Jesus, worst case Martial/Dybala/Sancho, it will be like watching snails race

Redcy

Not a chance. I think he'd be offered 150-200k. It will also be heavily incentivesed. A 2+1 deal on about 200k a week and I'd absolutely have him.
no chance he comes here for less than what martials on...

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Why does everybody hate Dyabala so much? Is he a prick of the field? Everytime I’ve seen him play he does look like quite the player.

Theo88

if we are landing Lisandro i just have this feeling there will be a gentleman’s agreement between the clubs that Antony stays put for a year. I doubt we are raiding Ajax for every key player they have (and we also discussed Timber already).
So this would open the door wide open for Dybala. Very left footed, can operate (maybe) on the right and can play as a 9.

he is slow but very technical (there seems to be a trend with our transfers this far) and could perhaps come in with a salary that isn’t stupid. If that was the case he might be a no brainer for 1-2 years. Worst case scenario he gets sold to Juve 2 years later for 15m and a bag of chips

Dazzmondo

It's physically impossible to cover for Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood Mata & Lingard, even if he stays fit for majority season.

Definitely refusing to believe it's the only move for attacker... Amad, Pellistri and Elanga would have to fire on all cylinders.

It's just impossible...
Maybe we'll go for both Dybala and Belotti? If Dybala is our main striking option, I'd prefer to get Belotti too to spread the goals a bit more, since I wouldn't trust either of them to score enough for us on their own. Then we would need to get a proper, young, first choice striker next season.

Mercurial Beckham

Eh, theres a reason that no one outside Italy is in for him. Good player when all is well and the attack is fluid, but not one to rely on when the games becomes more of grind as it can be against lower table Premier League opposition. Don’t think he’ll suit the league. ETH clearly has a type. Technically skilled versatile forwards.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe we'll go for both Dybala and Belotti? If Dybala is our main striking option, I'd prefer to get Belotti too to spread the goals a bit more, since I wouldn't trust either of them to score enough for us on their own. Then we would need to get a proper, young, first choice striker next season.
Dybala and Antony

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why does everybody hate Dyabala so much? Is he a prick of the field? Everytime I’ve seen him play he does look like quite the player.
No no , he just isn't that good and I assume most wouldn't want an injury prone player on big wages who if things go south we wouldn't be able to get rid.

Tavern in the town

Just why? He’s a second striker and we presumably won’t be playing that position next season, shoe horning him wide is a rubbish idea.

Laurencio

Antony is almost certainly dead as a deal. Dybala if he comes will be our only attacker signing. Jesus, worst case Martial/Dybala/Sancho, it will be like watching snails race
On what basis? He still wants to leave Ajax as far as I know?

Harold_Giles

Don't understand the hate.
Admittedly I haven't watched him regularly, but I've liked what I've seen.
Checked his Serie A stats for last season on Sofascore.
Highest rated Juve player, 29 games played, most shots per game, most big chances created, 10 goals + 5 Assists.

Not bad I'd think

Status
Not open for further replies.