Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7

Situation is, it’s not that Dybala doesn’t want to join United it’s that he never wanted to leave Juvé or thought he would. Seems like he’s having a tough time coming to realization and wants a proper “feck off” from Sarri and co personally to leave no doubt in his mind that it’s time for him to pack his bags.

Inter were off €13m for Lukaku even though Lukaku agreed 2 months ago to join them and thus why United began talking to Juvé. Lukaku will have no problem joining Juvé if it comes to it either.

...Fabrizio saying it will be sorted in the coming days.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For all the talk of Mason, here is another player who, for me, bears some clear resemblance to Lord Persie with how he plays the game.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
You can put the lineups, I'm just stating my opinion and I've posted it elsewhere. Just don't see them both happening for multiple reasons, not least that I don't think playing them in the same starting 11 would work very well.
Oh I see. That’s fair then. I see both happening just because that’s what the signs and reports point to.

I will never understand our fans sometimes. You ask any fan of any club on this planet given the same options if they’d swap Lukaku for Dybala and they’d take it in an instant. This is as bad as when people were upset we gave up Welbeck for Falcao who was rated one of the best strikers in the world at the time.
Yep. People are really worried about Dybala replacing Lingard as our 10 option ffs, like really?

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
I'd put Bruno as the RWF in the 4-2-3-1 due to his wicked delivery with his right foot.
Yea either or. They’ll end up interchanging positions anyways. For those 2, it’s not so much in literal terms their positions as they’ll have license to create and be fluid.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Situation is, it’s not that Dybala doesn’t want to join United it’s that he never wanted to leave Juvé or thought he would. Seems like he’s having a tough time coming to realization and wants a proper “feck off” from Sarri and co personally to leave no doubt in his mind that it’s time for him to pack his bags.

Inter were off €13m for Lukaku even though Lukaku agreed 2 months ago to join them and thus why United began talking to Juvé. Lukaku will have no problem joining Juvé if it comes to it either.

...Fabrizio saying it will be sorted in the coming days.
If what Romano's saying is true then a deal looks fairly likely. Dybala will only leave if Sarri tells him he's not in his plans, presumably he isn't in his plan's which is why he's been included in the deal. It does also say he wants to match the top earners at United, if he were to join. At least we'll know what's going to happen by Thursday at the latest.

Red4Life_#7

He has always had a big name, but every time I watched him play I saw talent thou never really wowed by him. We do need technical players and he is so, but he isn't the quickest of players and can he handle the rough EPL??

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
If what Romano's saying is true then a deal looks fairly likely. Dybala will only leave if Sarri tells him he's not in his plans, presumably he isn't in his plan's which is why he's been included in the deal. It does also say he wants to match the top earners at United, if he were to join. At least we'll know what's going to happen by Thursday at the latest.
Yeppp. Just put 2 and 2 together:

> Dybala wants to stay, but if Sarri tells him he’s not in his plans he’ll leave. (Fabrizio)

> United and Juvé have agreed to a swap deal in principle involving Dybala and Lukaku. (Sky Italia)

ash_86

Pedulla who is a mouthpiece for Sarri already said Dybala is not in Sarri's plans. I think we have a good shot getting him

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah isn't that what Luke and Rashford are on? Or maybe its Lukaku. Either way, per our wage structure to sign a high profile forward like Dybala on that is VERY reasonable
Apart from Sanchez no one earns so much at ManUtd. 10 Millon net is around 350k per week before tax.

mav_9me

I am not optimistic about this but he is obviously a super talent. Hopefully will work out.

bonothom

Nah still not overly excited about signing Dybala. Another Argentinian which we're gonna pay a shit load of money to and I just think he's gonna flop big time, like Di maria. Give him the number 7 shirt and that will just seal it for me.

Sterling Archer

Apart from Sanchez no one earns so much at ManUtd. 10 Millon net is around 350k per week before tax.
Fair price to pay for Dybala. Stupid to have given it to Sanchez.

This whole thing is so so silly. So much gets inflated, bonuses and add ons get lumped into a salary. Now we're picking each other's buttholes over what Dybala may want as a salary reported by a journalist that some don't even rate.

Simple logic for me:
Dump Lukaku and his wages and sign on Dybala for more = fantastic business for United

WireMUFC

Nah still not overly excited about signing Dybala. Another Argentinian which we're gonna pay a shit load of money to and I just think he's gonna flop big time, like Di maria. Give him the number 7 shirt and that will just seal it for me.
So by your logic we shouldn’t swap Dybala for Lukaku because Dybala is from the same country as a winger who failed here 5 years ago. So keep Lukaku and don’t play a 75 million pound striker who wants to leave or we could accept 50 mil from inter for him and take a 30+ million pound loss when the pound is weak compared to the euro. Seems about right.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I like him a lot, so I hope you don't.

I see a potential RVP like transformation from him, from a second striker to a leading striker. Essentially what Wenger did with RVP.
Agreed that I hope it doesn’t happen. But I think he’s a second striker pure and simple.

IMO, their best formation if they do get him, which would be very United in a throwback sort of way, would be a 4-4-2 with Rashford playing ahead of Dybala up front, Pogba playing as a wide playmaker type on the right, James offering pace and width on the left, and then two CMs that could control the game. That’s a balanced side that could score and create enough (as long as Rashford pans out as a 9) while retaining control and solidity.

Ishpan2

I will never understand our fans sometimes. You ask any fan of any club on this planet given the same options if they’d swap Lukaku for Dybala and they’d take it in an instant. This is as bad as when people were upset we gave up Welbeck for Falcao who was rated one of the best strikers in the world at the time.
No matter how you slice it, this team improves with Dybala significantly as the starting #10 rather than Lingard or Mata. Even during his worst drops in form, Dybala has had better scoring and distribution records.

People will complain no matter what happens, as long as it is not the "perfect move". Well a lot of stuff has to go right behind the scenes for massive deals with big players to get through, and this team needs an injection of talent right now. We need to offer Dybala whatever salary he wants and runaway with this deal, the only reason we are getting this opportunity for such a young, high-potential player is because Juve hired the "let's play Kante as an attacking mid" coach.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fair price to pay for Dybala. Stupid to have given it to Sanchez.

This whole thing is so so silly. So much gets inflated, bonuses and add ons get lumped into a salary. Now we're picking each other's buttholes over what Dybala may want as a salary reported by a journalist that some don't even rate.

Simple logic for me:
Dump Lukaku and his wages and sign on Dybala for more = fantastic business for United
Well I was correcting bits and pieces about few others earning as much as what Dybala wants.

He is already earning 7 million net at Juve. He will be on huge wages if we sign him. Shouldn't matter if he plays well. No one cares about anything if player is performing at very good level.

zenith

I don't want us to push for a player whose heart is not in it. It'll end up being a disaster

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I like him a lot, so I hope you don't.

I see a potential RVP like transformation from him, from a second striker to a leading striker. Essentially what Wenger did with RVP.
Does he have the physicality for that? Personally I haven't seen the number 9 in him. Even the strikers who don't have the typical stature like Aguero, tend to make up for it with pace and surprising strength on the ball.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't want us to push for a player whose heart is not in it. It'll end up being a disaster
That's the worry here. We aren't challenging for top honours for a couple of years. Hopefully he's ready for that and the challenge we have before us. Don't need players regretting as soon as the struggle begins.

Sterling Archer

Well I was correcting bits and pieces about few others earning as much as what Dybala wants.

He is already earning 7 million net at Juve. He will be on huge wages if we sign him. Shouldn't matter if he plays well. No one cares about anything if player is performing at very good level.
Yeah the small details I don't know what is what exactly. I saw that he was on 5.5 ish net at Juve and I've seen various things about our own players.

In any case, as we're not in the CL it might be necessary to pay up . But as Dybala is in the top bracket I don't see it being an issue in the squad. Less so than Sanchez was

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Does he have the physicality for that? Personally I haven't seen the number 9 in him. Even the strikers who don't have the typical stature like Aguero, tend to make up for it with pace and surprising strength on the ball.
His hold up play isn’t actually bad and he is surprisingly strong in that he doesn’t lose the ball so often. Also he has the uncanny knack of getting out of tight situations with his skill. So he compensates for his lack of striker stature.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
I don’t get this misconception.

Nowhere does it say Dybala does not want us. He’s just having a tough time wrapping his head around Juvé not wanting him.

2 completely different things - apples to oranges - and why he’s ready to sign and transfer over once he gets that confirmation as the reports suggest.

Scholsey2004

He shields the ball pretty well actually.

PieCrust

Don’t think he is a number 9 personally
Still trying to figure out his best position what is it?
He's an centeral AM that prefers to drift out to the right hand side. Can also play as a 2nd stirker / #10. Personally, I'd play him in the Mata role on the right side but not as a winger and allow him to drift centrally during the attack. Wan-Bissaka would provide the actual touch line width on the right. It's not Dybala's best position, but I think it makes the most improvement for the team.

Mr Smith

There's a lot about this transfer that still doesn't make sense to me, but I will be taking a lot of pleasure in having royally screwed over Inter's plans after what they put us through with Perisic.

NoPace

It's madness, we don't have a single attacker with Dybala's vision and comfort on the ball under pressure. Literally none of our forwards know how to play as a 9 anyways, so why not stick Dybala there, let him be the main man and have 2 of Rashford/Martial/Greenwood either side of him trying to go 1 on 1 at defenders, which they're actually good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.