Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

Thing is, if we manage to get the best out of him, he is capable of looking that double wage a bargain, then there is that Alexis scenario which scares the shit out of me.

red thru&thru

Thing is, if we manage to get the best out of him, he is capable of looking that double wage a bargain, then there is that Alexis scenario which scares the shit out of me.
And this is why we have to double think about any transfers we do. Ed has done such a shocking job, we are now more and more restricted.

Halal Jalal

Dybala earns 7 million net, which is around 250K gross per week as per Di Marzio, GdS and many other journalists.
Dybala is by far the best player we could hope to sign this summer, so honestly we should just give this lad whatever he wants. We're paying 150k/w to Mata and 100k to Lingard, so I don't think 300k is unreasonable demand. He's had three consistently world class seasons before the previous one, and more importantly, he's proven to have excellent chemistry with PP. With Dybala as our #10 in Ole's 4-2-3-1, I believe we would all be far more optimistic before the season kicks off. This signing alone should make the difference between comfortable top 4 spot and fighting for 6th place with Wolves, Everton or Leicester.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Dybala is by far the best player we could hope to sign this summer, so honestly we should just give this lad whatever he wants. We're paying 150k/w to Mata and 100k to Lingard, so I don't think 300k is unreasonable demand. He's had three consistently world class seasons before the previous one, and more importantly, he's proven to have excellent chemistry with PP. With Dybala as our #10 in Ole's 4-2-3-1, I believe we would all be far more optimistic before the season kicks off. This signing alone should make the difference between comfortable top 4 spot and fighting for 6th place with Wolves, Everton or Leicester.
Yeah, if we are playing 4-2-3-1 then signing Dybala or Bruno Fernandes would be huge upgrade on what we have.

Alemar

Yeah, if we are playing 4-2-3-1 then signing Dybala or Bruno Fernandes would be huge upgrade on what we have.
If we get Dybala, he can also sometimes play as a striker or on the right, adding to the interchanging ability of our current attackers. Bruno is more of a midfielder

mad1max954

Completed agree. Getting rid of lukaku for Dybala is an absolute no brainier.
If it’s true the ole wants an interchangeable front 4, again he would be the perfect signing. Finally we would have a Right sided player who would be helped by Wan Bissaka.

Also, it would be funny watching ronaldo have a breakdown at lukaku a movement - or lack of. And the play breaking down everyone the ball goes near him.

rotherham_red

Do people actually think there's anything in this? It's just about the most blatant plant to pressure Inter in to coughing up that we could have conceived.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Completed agree. Getting rid of lukaku for Dybala is an absolute no brainier.
... Finally we would have a Right sided player who would be helped by Wan Bissaka.
Yep ... people making the point about his lack of running at times should think about the fact we now have a very solid RB to cover Dybala should he come and play on our right.

This would be a really good signing. A) the guy is class B) it would give us some proper options up front and on the right C) with Dybala on the right, James on the left, it would allow Martial and Rashford to really slug it out for that main striker role.

Josep Dowling

Don't want. Has to up there as the most overhyped youngster I've seen in years.

Plus it's a square peg in a round hole once again. If we play 4-2-3-1 then Pogba will be in the midfield two with defensive duties and once again our back four will be exposed. We should have bought another defensive midfielder and a better CB by now. Instead we are after a number 10 when Pogba played that role perfectly for 2 months last season then Solskjaer dropped him deeper.

izec

Plus it's a square peg in a round hole once again. If we play 4-2-3-1 then Pogba will be in the midfield two with defensive duties and once again our back four will be exposed. We should have bought another defensive midfielder and a better CB by now. Instead we are after a number 10 when Pogba played that role perfectly for 2 months last season then Solskjaer dropped him deeper.
Not when Dybala replaces Lukaku like for like, meaning striker. Maybe we will line up in the diamond formation, with Dybala + Rashford/Martial and Pogba behind.

flappyjay

Reminds me of Rooney, tried as a number 10,wings and in midfield when we had stopped playing 4-4-2 because Rooneys best came as a second striker. Same happened to Dybala since Ronaldo went to Juve he has been tried all over the pitch but ultimately unless you plan on playing him as one of your 2 strikers don't touch him at all. I see some in this forum already even suggesting playing him as a right winger. That's because he doesn't really fit.

Giggsy13

This one will definitely not happen. I think the club would rather go with Lingard and Mata as our 10 with Gomes given a few cup starts. Dybala would be a mercenary and we are moving away from that approach.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
but if that happens to someone Sanchez's former quality, it could happen to anyone so we'd never sing anyone new again!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
and the amount being quoted to just purchase nobodies like McGinn and Longstaff makes true proven quality worth while. also if we could offload the likes of Lingard... but who would have the tool?

ravi2

Do people actually think there's anything in this? It's just about the most blatant plant to pressure Inter in to coughing up that we could have conceived.
I could only see this happening if Pogba was going the other way and even so, why would Dybala want to play at OT at this point?
Surely the lad must have better options

flappyjay

I could only see this happening if Pogba was going the other way and even so, why would Dybala want to play at OT at this point?
Surely the lad must have better options
Doesn't start for juventus, wouldn't start for City, Liverpool, Chelsea banned. Spurs is an option if he is flexible on the wages but they wouldn't break their wage structure for him. Wouldn't start at PSG, Barca and doesn't fit into Zidane's 4-3-3 unless he gets shoehorned into rw. Atletico have signed a false 9 in Felix. Bayern have someone similar in Muller position wise even though he has declined. Inter would be an option but Conte is looking for a 9 not a false 9. Realistically we are one the few clubs that can afford him and are stupid enough to buy a player who doesn't really fit into the system Ole is trying to implement.

Alemar

We’re his level. Whether he believes so or not.
Us or Spurs from the footballing perspective. But joining United would probably do him 10x as much in terms of popularity as a celebrity person compared to joining Spurs, so this would then lead for him to be able to get more lucrative personal sponsorship agreements etc.

Mainoldo

Us or Spurs from the footballing perspective. But joining United would probably do him 10x as much in terms of popularity as a celebrity person compared to joining Spurs, so this would then lead for him to be able to get more lucrative personal sponsorship agreements etc.
He would definitely make more money here especially if he took the 10 off Rashford’s back.

Sanchez7

Even though I fear he wont fit in our team, prospect of big name signing like this sure does get me excited!

Hmm, feel Lukaku is still Inter bound.
Though,like anyone,I do like the prospect of having offensive options such as Martial,Rashford,Lingard,Greenwood,Dybala and James in the squad.

It's not going to happen.

Josep Dowling

Not when Dybala replaces Lukaku like for like, meaning striker. Maybe we will line up in the diamond formation, with Dybala + Rashford/Martial and Pogba behind.
It isn’t like for like though as he hasn’t been a CF since his Palermo years and even then he wasnt prolific as a centre forward. Just another luxury player that won’t fit into our squad. I would happier selling Lukaku and getting a natural RW. That would change the dynamic of our front 3.

Adcuth

Imagine if Liverpool signed him and used him in a false 9 role with mane and salah overlapping :nervous:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What does cuntcunt del secolo mean?

Regardless, fecking get him in!
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Status
Not open for further replies.