Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
There's no way that can be after tax.
£18m before tax is 350K a week.......after tax we're talking about over 600K per week
I made a mistake, it was £11m+variable bonus pre-tax. Dybala is on €7.5m net at Juve, which works out at £6.9m. Dybala wanted £10m net after tax which we weren't willing to pay.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Imagine being this pig-headed :lol:

Juve signed one of the GOATs last summer, magnitude of such transfer involved the finances which Spurs can't hope to pull off even in their wildest dreams. This summer, they signed one of the best CB talents to emerge in a long time beating cash rich clubs like PSG in the process. The wages which those 2 are on are likely to make up 50+% of whatever Spurs total wage bill is.

Spurs fans have this habit of pretending they are big boys of Europe when they do nothing either on pitch (i.e. win trophies) or in market (make big boy signings) to warrant that, the reality is Spurs are just... pretenders.
Spurs have just invested around £1 billion in a new stadium and new training complex - a sum that dwarfs whatever Juve have/will spend on Ronaldo. You obviously didn't get the memo: Spurs' income now exceeds that of Juve … and the gap will grow larger from here on.

The suggestion that Spurs are some "tiny" club compared to Juve is simply laughable.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I think you guys have been great for a few seasons now but saying you're "bigger" than Juventus? Can't even compare to that magnitude. It's about so much more than revenue or a new stadium. They can attract any player in the world.
No, what I said was "to describe Spurs as 'tiny' in comparison is beyond ridiculous"

arthurka

Spurs have just invested around £1 billion in a new stadium and new training complex - a sum that dwarfs whatever Juve have/will spend on Ronaldo. You obviously didn't get the memo: Spurs' income now exceeds that of Juve … and the gap will grow larger from here on.

The suggestion that Spurs are some "tiny" club compared to Juve is simply laughable.
Ooh Money for nothing..

#00F

Supports
Barca
Our income is now larger than Juve's, we have a world-class stadium and training centre, a much sought-after manager and don't play in a one-horse inferior league. Moreover, last season, en-route to the CL final, we knocked out the team that had knocked out Juve.

You might wish to see Juve as a currently bigger club, that's up to you, but to describe Spurs as "tiny" in comparison is beyond ridiculous. You're letting Dybala's apparent rejection of United get to you.

It's far from impossible that Dybala would choose to come to Spurs, even if I'd still reckon that such a deal is unlikely: he'd be playing in the CL, playing in the Prem, based in one of the world's great capital cities, playing for an Argentinian manager and joining three other Argentinian players.
Comparing Spurs to Juve. No wonder many posters make fun of you.

AceUnited

I don't think Dybala would want to come even if we were in the CL, reports say he was and never has been interested in coming to England
That is cool. He can warm the bench in Juve for the rest of the season. exactly where he belongs.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Pfft he won't turn down bloody Manchester United and come to you lot, what are you smoking. You guys need to stop going on about that stadium of yours. Yes it's nice but messi won't be gagging to join you anytime soon because of it. He wants 350k a week FFS, are u guys gonna pay him more that Kane? That will be the beginning of the end of "that project" of yours. Besides, he saw you guys organizing an open bus parade for Audi Cup.
The wage demands are just a smokescreen to disguise the fact that he simply doesn't want to sign for United. Currently he earns less than Kane.

Seven Seas Sardines

If the caf was a politician, they'd be Donald Trump.
If you knew anything about the actual world you'd know that the president of Argentina is more Trump-like than Boris Johnson. Corruption is a big problem because most jump at a quick payday, and the daily demonstrations around Buenos Aires will never amount to more than just noise. Too little, too late.

People want to live like Europeans but not work as Europeans, something most of my argie friends not only agree with but also are happy to often point out during our thousands of conversations around the country about football and politics.

It's hard for young players from poor backgrounds to focus on the football, and it starts with the family. They need better nurturing and less influences screaming for easy, quick payouts. Messi and Aguero are examples of humble guys raised well by hard-working parents, but they're in a minority.

Andersons Dietician

The issue is that we are mainly divided in two groups that either blame the manager or the board. For me it's relatively simple, there are blames on both sides and also reasonable excuses on both sides. We are not particularly bad but also not particularly good when it comes to club management.
Agreed this is it in a nutshell. If anything the one thing I would pick up on this transfer window is Ole was clearly given that contract early to solidify the targets for this summer. However here we are going in to the final days and areas I think we needed are still lacking and I would think Dybala probably wasn’t a target we had going in to the window and more just an opportunistic role of the dice.

Guess they could say McT and Perreira will fill a more prominent role this season but I think we badly needed reinforcements in midfield and someone to shoulder the creative burden with Pogba.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
There's no way that can be after tax.
£18m before tax is 350K a week.......after tax we're talking about over 600K per week
I made a mistake initially, the £11m basic plus bonus was pre-tax figure. Dybala is on €7.5m net, which works out at £6.9m. Dybala wanted £10m net which works at £350k per week.

Spurs income is inflated largely due to the fact how TV deal is structured in England. Juventus are paying Ronaldo €30m net annually, that is a wage simply outside the realm of what Spurs could pay. Never mind the €100m fee which Spurs haven't spent on any player in their club history.

Compared to Juve, Spurs are indeed tiny. Even though it may irk you but that's the truth. Once Spurs start acting like big boys and throw their weight around on fees/wages and win silverware like Juve then we can engage in this discussion again.

The wage demands are just a smokescreen to disguise the fact that he simply doesn't want to sign for United. Currently he earns less than Kane.
You should do your research before writing figures which you're clueless with. Dybala earns €7.5m net which in Italy turns out as €15m annually before tax. That's approximately £300k a week which once again is outside of Spurs pay structure.

Last edited:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Our income is now larger than Juve's, we have a world-class stadium and training centre, a much sought-after manager and don't play in a one-horse inferior league. Moreover, last season, en-route to the CL final, we knocked out the team that had knocked out Juve.

You might wish to see Juve as a currently bigger club, that's up to you, but to describe Spurs as "tiny" in comparison is beyond ridiculous. You're letting Dybala's apparent rejection of United get to you.

It's far from impossible that Dybala would choose to come to Spurs, even if I'd still reckon that such a deal is unlikely: he'd be playing in the CL, playing in the Prem, based in one of the world's great capital cities, playing for an Argentinian manager and joining three other Argentinian players.
This is a team who has won the Champions League more than once, and dominated their own domestic league for years. Spurs have never won the Champions League, and haven't won their own league in over half a century. The gap between Juve and Spurs is so large.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Agreed this is it in a nutshell. If anything the one thing I would pick up on this transfer window is Ole was clearly given that contract early to solidify the targets for this summer. However here we are going in to the final days and areas I think we needed are still lacking and I would think Dybala probably wasn’t a target we had going in to the window and more just an opportunistic role of the dice.

Guess they could say McT and Perreira will fill a more prominent role this season but I think we badly needed reinforcements in midfield and someone to shoulder the creative burden with Pogba.
When you look at the amount of money spent on Wan Bissaka and Maguire, we were always going to go into the season with very weak areas. So I'm not surprised or even disappointed.

Nialinho

If you knew anything about the actual world you'd know that the president of Argentina is more Trump-like than Boris Johnson. Corruption is a big problem because most jump at a quick payday, and the daily demonstrations around Buenos Aires will never amount to more than just noise. Too little, too late.

People want to live like Europeans but not work as Europeans, something most of my argie friends not only agree with but also are happy to often point out during our thousands of conversations around the country about football and politics.

It's hard for young players from poor backgrounds to focus on the football, and it starts with the family. They need better nurturing and less influences screaming for easy, quick payouts. Messi and Aguero are examples of humble guys raised well by hard-working parents, but they're in a minority.
My aim wasn't to turn this into a political debate.. But your comments (like many on his thread) in my opinion show clear discrimination, no matter how many 'Argie friends' you have I don't think you should be making such judgments. It's just like I said - the whole lazy Argentinian/Di Maria and Tevez comparison is plain ignorant.

Sterling Archer

Turns out his salary request was fine. What threw United off is his wish to keep image rights. Greedy commerical minded United would not budge on that. Nothing to do with being Argentinian.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Turns out his salary request was fine. What threw United off is his wish to keep image rights. Greedy commerical minded United would not budge on that. Nothing to do with being Argentinian.
That's both funny and sad at the same time.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What about the agent fees? Also what is your source for this?

ClutchHunter

If this is true, image rights are directly relevant to how much we're paying a player. If we didn't have Pogba's image rights we'd no doubt not be willing to pay him so much either. I don't know why you'd logically separate the two; the effects of accepting this would be financially far worse than what we offered Sanchez.

ArjenIsM3

Poteto potato mate. Image rights are worth a lot of money. In short, he wants more money than we're willing to pay.

Sterling Archer

Mate, I'm not a journalist. I've got no 'source'. Just summarizing the newest rumors that will start making the rounds this week.

Agent fees are also an issue. I'm mixed on this one - you have to play the game when it's worth it. We missed Hazard mostly because of it. One of the best players this league has ever seen.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In a swap deal where we overvalue Lukaku, the agent fees are unlikely to be a good argument. Unless if they are in the +20m which is unlikely.

Cassidy

Mate, I'm not a journalist. I've got no 'source'. Just summarizing the newest rumors that will start making the rounds this week.

Agent fees are also an issue. I'm mixed on this one - you have to play the game when it's worth it. We missed Hazard mostly because of it. One of the best players this league has ever seen.
What I meant was can you provide a link to the article/tweet where this was said...

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
This is a team who has won the Champions League more than once, and dominated their own domestic league for years. Spurs have never won the Champions League, and haven't won their own league in over half a century. The gap between Juve and Spurs is so large.
Meh … league titles in a one-horse, inferior league? If they played in the Prem they'd be a in dog-fight for top 4 and might well finish below "tiny" Spurs. That's the reality.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't think this is right at all. What may the be the case is the agent fee and the agency that owns his image rights are asking for too big of a slice.

Sterling Archer

Poteto potato mate. Image rights are worth a lot of money. In short, he wants more money than we're willing to pay.
This is a longer debate that I've had with mates before - who should own the rights to an individuals brand. Dybala comes to United with more followers than the club itself. The financial windfall from that presence shouldn't just be handed over

Cassidy

In a swap deal where we overvalue Lukaku, the agent fees are unlikely to be a good argument. Unless if they are in the +20m which is unlikely.
I'm just trying to understand if that was an issue for us or not, or if it was just an image rights issue like the OP said.
Also regarding the image rights, wasn't there some issue anyway with Dybala being sued?

Sterling Archer

I don't think this is right at all. What may the be the case is the agent fee and the agency that owns his image rights are asking for too big of a slice.
I don't know how to interpret or exactly the details but it suggests that the idea Dybala is a greedy cnut, anything like Di Maria, is completely out of order.

Cassidy

I don't know how to interpret or exactly the details but it suggests that the idea Dybala is a greedy cnut, anything like Di Maria, is completely out of order.
It may not be Dybala himself though, there is an outstanding issue with his image rights. As for the DiMaria links well I think thats because both players seem like they didn't want the transfer

Sterling Archer

I'm just trying to understand if that was an issue for us or not, or if it was just an image rights issue like the OP said.
Also regarding the image rights, wasn't there some issue anyway with Dybala being sued?

Yeah I recall something like that as well. I think the issue is more complex than has been made out. Really, my gripe is this idea that Dybala is Di Maria 2.0

ArjenIsM3

They're not the latest though. The story has been posted in the transfer tweets section days ago.
Here's an article from 4 days ago: https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...age-rights-issues-emerge-in-dybala-move-10701

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Aye, that's absolute bolllocks if we speak about football, professionalism and their work ethics. Mascherano, Simeone, Redondo, Tevez, Sorin, Ayala, Batistuta, etc...

And then you have Javier Zanetti. The man who went jogging between the reception and weeding ceremony.

There is nothing to suggest there is any difference. Oh yes, we have Di Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.