Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Again, if you bothered to read my reply and the message it was in response to, you'd get why I included him... The poster asked, why don't we go for quality, and I listed out those names and asked him the question, where did we end up?

That's all fine and dandy re Pogba if we bought him in 2018, but we didn't. We got him two years earlier and for his price tag and expectations, he's absolutely flattered to deceive.
Well, it's a major drag having to scroll through pessimistic shite just to follow a string of debate. I'm sorry. I saw your post and wondered why you included Pogba and Ibra in a list of dross. That's all. Thank you for clearing it up ;)

robinrooney

I genuinely was excited and wanted him to come but if it was purely for the money and his heart was not in it, then I believe we did the right thing in walking away. If the reported £350k per week is correct (The Times), that is an obscene amount and we have to get away from this habit of over paying.

Hope Dybala is happy now. His greed has cost him. Juve (Sarri) have said that they don't want him and he has no future there. He would have been loved by us but it's his loss.

Arrivederci

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Feck juve’s rebuild from serie B... What got Juve relegated to serie B in the first place? Could you just remind everyone?

He actually has one or two valid points - do you just assume all his points are baseless because of his name?
What?

Enigma_87

You know who
From a transfers perspective, I would say yes. Now its up-to the management team to make sure it happens!

James is a right footed young winger. Has mostly played on the right during pre-season. If you don't classify that as a potential RW signing then you're being a bit unfair. He can play left, but the benefit of a player his age is to be able to use him tactically where it suits the team best.

Lukaku is no longer a starter for the club. Ole made that change last season itself. Yes, we may be a bit short on strike force if he is sold and no one else comes in, but it's clear that Ole is relying on Martial and Rashford to come good this season. You may think that's a folly, but it's been starting at our faces all pre-season. All our systems / tactical innovations are structured to get the best out of those two. Plus, i'd rather we play a few youngsters (Gomes and Greenwood) than give minutes to Lukaku (who really looks like he doesn't care that much anymore).

Midfield - i agree, but like I mentioned, keeping Pogba is a big plus.

Attack and No. 10 - This is basically a rehash of point 2. Don't agree there, we have enough players to play that position. You may not fancy them (Mata, Lingard, Periera, Gomes, Fred, Sanchez) - but we definitely arent short of bodies there. CB was clearly a bigger priority that this position.

5. Just because he wasn't bought last summer, does not mean getting the deal over the line this summer does not count as good business!
1. My point is we can't expect James to kick it straight away. He's a signing a bit like Dalot last season - not expected to hit the ground running and probably he will be eased into the starting line up with the more experienced Lingard, Mata, etc starting on the right.

2. Lukaku is still the best scorer in the club, especially as #9. You might not like it but so far neither Martial nor Rashford has given indications they can make that position their own. Greenwood is also another youngster that is not set in terms of position, hence we are short in the #9 department.

3. Attack and No 10. Not exactly. We look set to play with a #10 in a 4-2-3-1 which is very important position in that formation and we really lack the player to make it his own. Mata is not as good as he was and Pogba is more of an 8 than #10. We aren't short of bodies, but if that is your position then we didn't "need" CB either considering it's even more stacked than the midfield position, especially considering we already lost 2 midfielders in Fellaini and Herrera.

4. It's not a good business by all accounts. We struggled majorly the season just passed because the man that got it over the line refused to go for him last Summer. That cost us #4 and most probably targeting and acquiring players like Dybala and Sancho who rejected us most likely because we're out of CL. Also overpaying for a player that has been target for 2 years if you have got him last season and eased him into the squad and also been very important player last season is very much a Woodward thing.

izec

I think it is more likely that Fergie will come out of retirement and his first signings will be Nani, Anderson and Ronaldo than signing Dybala at this point. Once you brief like this, there is no way back.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think it is more likely that Fergie will come out of retirement and his first signings will be Nani, Anderson and Ronaldo than signing Dybala at this point. Once you brief like this, there is no way back.
I agree.
The only way this will happen now is if he and his agent come crawling back and are willing to lower all demands, and that just isn't going to happen.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Again, if you bothered to read my reply and the message it was in response to, you'd get why I included him... The poster asked, why don't we go for quality, and I listed out those names and asked him the question, where did we end up?

That's all fine and dandy re Pogba if we bought him in 2018, but we didn't. We got him two years earlier and for his price tag and expectations, he's absolutely flattered to deceive.
In your opinion perhaps. You do however seem do forget the first season when he was major factor in us finishing 2nd in the leauge, and the following season when we won a couple of silverware with an average supporting cast and has been coach. I don't know what kind of expectations you had for Pogba if you think that he has been a disappointment and that 89 million quid was too much money for him.

Suedesi

It's hardly ground breaking stuff.

It's basically pure guesswork and impatience. Jumping on the fact that the Dybala deal isn't done yet. His agent is continuing talks today - If he didn't want to come, that would've been made abundantly clear by his agent - Not by some shit sources guessing and filling their twitter timelines with clickbait bullshit.
Canal+ are reporting it now. And Dybala didn't really want to come to United.

redshaw

PSG would be great for him and his girlfriend. They could instagram the whole city together.

Couples night with Di Maria

Pace Abuser

The caf has been unusually brutal lately, even by it's normal standards of brutality. I love it :lol:

Last edited:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
James ducker, Paul Hirst, Simon Stone, all Utd media mouthpieces have confirmed they've walked away and deal is off, which is why it surprises me that people get sucked back in by stuff from poor Italian media sources.

Corriere delo Sport, calciomercato etc are absolute trash. If those Utd media puppets hadnt reported anything, id say the deal is very much alive, albeit Dybala isnt keen. But after yesterdays news, i think its dead in the water. You can't brief that you have walked away because Dybala and/or his people are asking too much money and they are put off by his lack of desire to join, going against OGS' blueprint, to then turn round and sign him.

Of course it could be a dramatic u turn and he signs, which would surprise me immensely, but i suspect the Dybala stuff is still being peddled because Lukaku as of this minute is more towards Juve than Inter.

Sarri could well have told Dybala he is not in his plans, but lest we forget Juve have another 3 and a half weeks or so to sell him. I have said a few times i reckoned if he left he'd go Inter with Icardi to Juventus. But i think it would not be a bad shout to say PSG will just cough up whatever Juve want and sign him

Bojan11

It could be we telling him to lower his wage demands. Let’s be honest he’s not worth the money being thrown about nor the agents fee. So now Dybala and his agent probably could come running back to us.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It could be we telling him to lower his wage demands. Let’s be honest he’s not worth the money being thrown about nor the agents fee. So now Dybala and his agent probably could come running back to us.
Now if thats the case, and i'm pretty sure it won't be, as i'm now certain he isn't coming, it could be that he's waited for PSG and they've told him they have to offload Neymar before he can join, and he knows thats not going to happen, meaning his only real option is United...

But if thats the case, he can get to feck. I don't want us being anyones sloppy seconds. If we aren't his first choice, then don't bother coming.

Nori-

I've got a big sense of relief this deal didn't go through. It felt like he was being forced to make the move and his heart wasn't in it.

Yes, we would have a big name player but as we know from the past, that means nothing unless they have the hunger to win

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Pedulla saying meetings still ongoing anyway. He's considered quite reliable, as far as football journalists go I guess.

Translation :

- Tomorrow is key
- Dybala accepted United’s financial proposal but other things are stalling the deal.
- Dybala was told by Sarri that he’s no longer needed at the club.

Probably all horseshite, but there you are.

Think this might be a case of dragging out the link to keep getting clicks.

Thomasvo

Pedulla saying meetings still ongoing anyway. He's considered quite reliable.

Translation :

- Tomorrow is key
- Dybala accepted United’s financial proposal but other things are stalling the deal.
It's...on?

R'hllor

Refusing to pay agents fee of 15 mil., football is really deep in criminal waters, level of shady increasing each year. Seems nobody wants/cant stop whole thing. What if Dybala really wants to join us but we still refuse to pay agents fee demand of 15mil. , are they working for players or the other way around.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Refusing to pay agents fee of 15 mil., football is really deep in criminal waters, level of shady increasing each year. Seems nobody wants/cant stop whole thing. What if Dybala really wants to join us but we still refuse to pay agents fee demand of 15mil. , are they working for players or the other way around.
If he really wanted to join us, he could insist that his agent (who i believe is his brother?) drop his crazy request.

My guess is, if he really has decided to accept our wage package, he was banking on Sarri taking his side today, saying that he's wanted and he'll stay, and instead he got told he's not wanted and needs to find a new club. PSG have told him they need to offload Neymar before they can buy him, and he's told his agent he's willing to go to United on our terms.

Problem is, as has been said, we've briefed that we're no longer interested, so how do we come around from that? It's not really possible as Dybala won't want to make himself look weak, or like he has no say in his future, especially after all his guff about having a say in his future etc. It's a stalemate, and because of that, personally, i feel it's dead.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I personally think agents should be banned and there should be some sort of global body that helps players not get screwed over by clubs. Would cut all this bullshit right out.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Read The Athletic's article about what actually happens in the transfer window if you want a bit of an insight. Sounds like a mixed bag, some agents don't inform players of interest unless the interested club agrees to pay their fee first. Sounds shady as hell.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Pedulla saying meetings still ongoing anyway. He's considered quite reliable, as far as football journalists go I guess.

Translation :

- Tomorrow is key

Probably all horseshite, but there you are.

Think this might be a case of dragging out the link to keep getting clicks.
Like him not actually wanting to come here?

If we’ve supposedly agreed wages, and both clubs have agreed the deal with each other then what’s left?

Status
Not open for further replies.