2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
In.

Change on who to add to the price list

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
To avoid adding lots more players to the list, please suggest players that are not on the list you think should cost 40m or more.

Non-listed players now cost 15m, budget increased to 670m

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Who is this "Viktor 35" in the midfield list? @Physiocrat

It's probably Ivo, who isn't on the GK list?

Indnyc

Possibly, we'll see how it pans out. Onenil reckons he'll have some 10m players in his starting XI. Also since it is essentially unrestricted all-time draft with average pick times deciding in draws it the last three picks should be pretty quick.

How do people think picks by PM should be recorded? I have it as a standard 30mins at the moment. Anyone any thoughts on this?
In a previous draft that I ran, we kept it at 10 minutes as a lot of people suggested 30 minutes was too much.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
@Physiocrat some comments

We call it pre TV era for a reason. It's upto the manager to justify.

Asking for a full length match doesn't add value as very few will spend the time to watch before they post and those who watch will already have enough knowledge to vote.

On 14 player squad, why is this mandatory? Leave to manager to choose between tactical flexibility vs player quality. Anyway with no subs in match having anything more than a 12 player squad is not necessary.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah 14 players in auction type draft is overkill. 12 players is the way to go.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Asking for a full length match doesn't add value as very few will spend the time to watch before they post and those who watch will already have enough knowledge to vote.

On 14 player squad, why is this mandatory? Leave to manager to choose between tactical flexibility vs player quality. Anyway with no subs in match having anything more than a 12 player squad is not necessary.
1. I think it's a good decision on a difficult subject. And lately it's becoming a bigger and bigger problem (as highlighted by the discussion). You're not obliged to watch the game but if there is a full game (at least one) available, it's probably a player that you can research in depth if you want to

2. Agree, shouldn't be mandatory

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
In a previous draft that I ran, we kept it at 10 minutes as a lot of people suggested 30 minutes was too much.
10mins sounds fine. I just want avoid providing an incentive to send picks by PM when it is your turn to reduce your average pick time. We don't want people who take picks having to check time stamps etc

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Physiocrat some comments

The point regarding having a full match available isn't so that everyone watches it but that it provides a reference point for people who want it and to weed out those who have bearly any footage. Discussions about Matthews are more informative than for Meazza. Also providing more than one link would be a real pain.

The budget takes into account a 14 man squad so can't easily be changed unless we only draft 12 players and I think some drafters could make interesting use of a bigger squad. It also makes it more difficult to guess your opponents line-up. I have an idea of the general quality of the final teams which is what the budget and the reinforcement budget takes account of.

See my comments above about pick times.

@MJJ

I've never found a good way to use subs so even with a 14 man squad I won't keep them in unless you have any ideas of how best to use them

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
How did you record double picks? When I did it last time I had the second of the double picks recorded as 30mins to avoid the advantage of double picking.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The budget takes into account a 14 man squad so can't easily be changed unless we only draft 12 players and I think some drafters could make interesting use of a bigger squad. It also makes it more difficult to guess your opponents line-up. I have an idea of the general quality of the final teams which is what the budget and the reinforcement budget takes account of.
In other drafts that may be the case but like the last auction draft the last few picks were seen as a hindrance due to budget constraints. What ended up happening were drafters picking the cheapest players available just to fill the quota with no intention in playing them, it didn't make the starting X1 harder to guess at all. I can understand your reasoning but for this type of draft you won't get the outcomes you desire.

MJJ

The point regarding having a full match available isn't so that everyone watches it but that it provides a reference point for people who want it and to weed out those who have bearly any footage. Discussions about Matthews are more informative than for Meazza. Also providing more than one link would be a real pain.

See my comments above about pick times.

@MJJ

I've never found a good way to use subs so even with a 14 man squad I won't keep them in unless you have any ideas of how best to use them
Have a time period for a sub, so no subs for the first six hours, then one sub for each of the next six hours.

Would keep the discussion fresher too and allow more tactical flexibility.

Indnyc

How did you record double picks? When I did it last time I had the second of the double picks recorded as 30mins to avoid the advantage of double picking.
For drafters at 1 and 16 the average pick time was divided by 6 instead of 12 ( 7 and 14 for this draft)

Basically we said since you get double picks, your average time is half

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
For drafters at 1 and 16 the average pick time was divided by 6 instead of 12 ( 7 and 14 for this draft)

Basically we said since you get double picks, your average time is half
Ah, ok we'll go with that

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Have a time period for a sub, so no subs for the first six hours, then one sub for each of the next six hours.

Would keep the discussion fresher too and allow more tactical flexibility.
I have tried that before and it was a pain to administer and it didn't really do much for the discussion. Ideally we want to replicate a 90min game in "real" time but the voting system isn't set up for that unless we voted after the discussion but everyone would have to read the entire thread to vote properly. This would probably hemorrhage scan voters too.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
What ended up happening were drafters picking the cheapest players available just to fill the quota with no intention in playing them, it didn't make the starting X1 harder to guess at all. I can understand your reasoning but for this type of draft you won't get the outcomes you desire.
This.

Based on experience from prior draft, most will go all out for first XI and rest will end up being quota subs on the bench.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
In other drafts that may be the case but like the last auction draft the last few picks were seen as a hindrance due to budget constraints. What ended up happening were drafters picking the cheapest players available just to fill the quota with no intention in playing them, it didn't make the starting X1 harder to guess at all. I can understand your reasoning but for this type of draft you won't get the outcomes you desire.
Seconded.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm playing to the spirit of the draftalso slightly hoping Physiocrat gives me a nice draw
Novel approach, good luck with that.

@Physiocrat if you want me to sort the picking order, shout. I'll use a randomiser and (hopefully) work out how to copy the image into a post. Failing that, I'll type it in manually so you can crack on and make sure I post the image asap.

Hands up if you're now on three weeks holiday.... :p