Television Peaky Blinders

Adebesi

Agree his emotional collapse and then revival was all a bit too quick and didn't quite work. But other than that I thought it was a great episode. I mean, pretty ludicrous at times. But what the hell. Reminds me of The Shield a bit that way. Emphasis very much on drama rather than realism, which works for me.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the episode went from good to bad pretty much exactly mid point. They tried to wrap up this whole Vendetta way too quickly. No one believed for a second Tommy would just surrender unconditionally (so Changretta could just murder him afterwards), so all those negotiation scenes felt completely pointless. And when the most predictable plot twist ever came it was some random phone call that solved everything. :rolleyes:

I think the fast forward stuff wasn't that bad though, they only have 6 episodes per season, so I think it's ok to skip a few things.

What I'm wondering about though is the scene where Tommy made Finn cut out the Italians eyes. At the time I really liked it because it seemed to reveal something about his calculating nature - asking myself whether he was trying to make his little brother a man either because he needed a new Lieutenant or because he thought the kid would be next otherwise.
But after it was revealed Arthur didn't die after all I don't know what the point of it really was.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Arthur surviving was great for two reasons.

1) He's Arthur fooking Shelby.
2) I'd have looked like a twat on my boxing day Christmas Jumper pub crawl if he died

Classical Mechanic

Great social commentary from the BBC on Corbyn and his sinister band of Trots and entryists taking over the Labour Party. Bias confirmed.

My key take away from this series was that the dog always seems to get the shitty end of the stick.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Great social commentary from the BBC on Corbyn and his sinister band of Trots and entryists taking over the Labour Party. Bias confirmed.

My key take away from this series was that the dog always seems to get the shitty end of the stick.
The bullet just hit the side of Alfie's head so he'll be back next season. You gotta believe, man!

LARulz

They made Luca look like a soft momma's boy at the end. He only came over cos she wanted it and was just doing as she ordered. He was a very disappointing character.

Sad to see Tom Hardy no longer in the show in the future, his lines were always the best

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
That finale was shite. Really poor episode in my opinion.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think they tried to fit too much in to one episode. The Alfie killing was a letdown too. The shot had potential as they clearly tried to make it look fancy, but there was no build up or suspense. His character deserved more.

I still enjoyed the ep though.

marktan

I actually enjoyed that episode a fair bit, but you can see that the show was really struggling for time. They left so much to do that they had to just cram things in. That was part of the problem with S3's finale - the ending was so abrupt. I believe they tried to give themselves some more leeway this time and had the main story done halfway through the episode.

The show has for a while veered into Tommy being Walter White v2, but I've accepted it for what it is. I was surprised by Arthur being dead though - they'd struggle next season with characters if he was gone. The MP/Politics story line next season I think I'll find far more interesting than this faux-Italian war they had, and if it is indeed the last season we could start to see characters dropping fast. Overall I enjoyed the season more than S3, but not as much as S1 and S2, mostly due to the Changretta threat being underwhelming in this one.

Classical Mechanic

I actually enjoyed that episode a fair bit, but you can see that the show was really struggling for time. They left so much to do that they had to just cram things in. That was part of the problem with S3's finale - the ending was so abrupt. I believe they tried to give themselves some more leeway this time and had the main story done halfway through the episode.

The show has for a while veered into Tommy being Walter White v2, but I've accepted it for what it is. I was surprised by Arthur being dead though - they'd struggle next season with characters if he was gone. The MP/Politics story line next season I think I'll find far more interesting than this faux-Italian war they had, and if it is indeed the last season we could start to see characters dropping fast. Overall I enjoyed the season more than S3, but not as much as S1 and S2, mostly due to the Changretta threat being underwhelming in this one.
pssst, Arthur isn't really dead.

lsd

The Oracle
Don't think next season will be the last the writer said in an interview he has plans to end at the beginning of the second World war.

Rumours Samuel Jackson will appear in season five as well are interesting

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Don't think next season will be the last the writer said in an interview he has plans to end at the beginning of the second World war.

Rumours Samuel Jackson will appear in season five as well are interesting
Aye, they'll probably continue it on for a while (for right or wrong) although it's interesting that they do continually seem to be doing major time-skips within each series/episode. If they jump forward a year or two now, we'll probably be nearing 1930.

Redo91

Finally got around to watching the series finale and have to say it was a bit of a disappointment.

Unless I've misunderstood it then Luca Changrettas mother was the one who arrived waving the white flag. How is an Italian-American supposed to have an English mother who just happened to know Tommy.

Also I think Alfie has survived. That bullet only grazed his cheek. Tommy should have finished him off.

The ending seemed a bit outrageous with him getting elected to parliament.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Finally got around to watching the series finale and have to say it was a bit of a disappointment.

Unless I've misunderstood it then Luca Changrettas mother was the one who arrived waving the white flag. How is an Italian-American supposed to have an English mother who just happened to know Tommy.

Also I think Alfie has survived. That bullet only grazed his cheek. Tommy should have finished him off.

Previous season shows why the mum knows Tommy. Alfie is dead, it did more the graze his cheek. You see the back exit spray.

Eire Red United

You obviously haven’t watched season 3 then or have forgotten about John and Arthur sparing the mothers life. As for Alfie, theres no way Tommy left that beach with him still breathing

Redo91

Previous season shows why the mum knows Tommy. Alfie is dead, it did more the graze his cheek. You see the back exit spray.
You obviously haven’t watched season 3 then or have forgotten about John and Arthur sparing the mothers life. As for Alfie, theres no way Tommy left that beach with him still breathing
I did watch it. That rings a bell alright.

Ya you'd assume he would finish him off but the way Alfie survived certain death I'm not so sure.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
"When The Boat Comes In" was much better. PB is too derivative for my taste but will continue to watch.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Actor who plays Arthur confirmed that who we think died at the end of season 4 did indeed die.

:(

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They need to splash the cash and do an Alfie spinoff pre-Blinders when it's finished.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Finished this last night and agree with many of the comments in here. Still found it enjoyable but season 3 was easily the worst of the lot.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Season 4 is one of the best series of anything I've watched, ever.

Adrien Brody is so fecking amazing in it. Over the top, sure, but my God, he's just so slimey and hateful and scary.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Season 4 is one of the best series of anything I've watched, ever.

Adrien Brody is so fecking amazing in it. Over the top, sure, but my God, he's just so slimey and hateful and scary.
Agreed. Conniving is another word that comes to mind with his character. Him and Alfie should ve had more screen time together.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Watched all of it this week. Really nice. S1 and S2 are brilliant. I don't care much for the plot after that, although the execution stays top quality throughout.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That was on my mate's street. He saw Arthur.
Spoiler about who the funeral is for (not a main character)....

It said Peter in the flowers on the other side of the cart. Who the feck is Peter? I think my mate has ruined a major plot line for this season

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
That was on my mate's street. He saw Arthur fookin' Shelby.
Spoiler about who the funeral is for (not a main character)....

It said Peter in the flowers on the other side of the cart. Who the feck is Peter? I think my mate has ruined a major plot line for this season
Slight amendment