Pedro at Chelsea

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Why didn't Mata, or one of our other Spanish players try to ring him and convince the boy? They're such clowns to let Fabreagas get there first when we've been in talks for a month. Pathetic really.
I thought Valdes did just that?

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Yeah. Don't think you'd find me saying otherwise. I am pretty chuffed you missed out on him and Otamendi/Ramos.

Now for DDG to leave and I am set for full smirk-mode on deadline day.
Don't get too giddy, we are getting Mane..

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's a great player but he's not a world beater who will make something out of nothing. Chelsea already have enough of his type, not really why sure why they've bought another.
If he feeds off scraps like Hazard did in Mourinho's first return season, I think he will struggle.

If he gets the kind of supply Fabregas et al served up in the first half of last season, he'll rip it up.

Reynoldo

Was fuming at this yesterday but after having a day I'm ok with it now. Think he will be a very good signing but also that we can do better. Will probably change back to fuming once he starts knocking them in though.

izec

Hope he fails massively, but think he will be a decent signing, but not special compared to Hazard or Costa.

brian017

Terms agreed with United on Monday; join Chelsea on Thursday. That's how to do transfers!

Cait Sith

I hadn't really heard of him before United were supposed to be signing him, so he's not that special. I'd rather we'd kept RVP.
You had not heard of a guy before who scored a goal against Manchester United in a Champions League final? :confused:

MUFCpiffgawd

grass is not always greener...With his name not beign Hazard, He's in for a rude awakening playing for Mourinho :lol:

Ixion

Feck I forgot I followed him on Instagram last week and he just posted about Chelsea, salt in the wound.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's a good player and I think he would have improved us, although I was a bit worried by a comment from some Barca fan about him being an even bigger lightweight than Di Maria, physically.

Now he's at Chelsea, I couldn't care less. More game time for Memphis, Januzaj and (hopefully) Pereirra. Which is all good by me.

Godfather

He's a good player and I think he would have improved us, although I was a bit worried by a comment from some Barca fan about him being an even bigger lightweight than Di Maria, physically.

Now he's at Chelsea, I couldn't care less. More game time for Memphis, Januzaj and (hopefully) Pereirra. Which is all good by me.
He is. Even more so than Mata. This was one of my main worries about him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yeah. Don't think you'd find me saying otherwise. I am pretty chuffed you missed out on him and Otamendi/Ramos.

Now for DDG to leave and I am set for full smirk-mode on deadline day.
Spoken like the kind of mongtard who queues up outside their ground on deadline day, as though no other transfer business that summer matters.

Maxii

Paad
Here's to hoping he stays depressed about having to leave Barcelona, gets homesick, has a shit season and goes back to Spain. I'll be sick if he has a great season...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think there's a chance he might struggle at Chelsea because they have good wide options as it is (starting) and I'm not sure how suited he'll be to Chelsea's style. On the other hand, I think he would have been class for both United and City, because we play a lot more possession style football and he had that throughout his whole career. He's a very good player though, so he'll improve them. Pretty disappointed we didn't end up getting him as he would have been perfect for that right side IMO.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Always good to see quality additions to the Premier League. Hopefully he can bring some spark to Chelsea's offensive game and make them a more competitive outfit. It's a shame he won't be turning out in Manchester red, especially for such an affordable price.

cyberman

Chelsea have a physically small attack behind Costa and I can't see Jose being happy about that. I'd bet any amount of money this was a boardroom signing ala Cuadrado or Salah.

Let's say Costa is out for a fortnight ( no great leap)

Pedro..........Falcao......... Hazard

..................Oscar

With the man mountain Cesc behind them. That's as physically weak as I've ever seen Chelsea. Heck even when Costa plays he doesn't play as a traditional physical player. He's more about sly digs and the bitchy side of the game.
The reason I thought Pedro would succeed here was the style of play we try to implement. The possession based let the ball do the work style of play. Chelsea are more direct and the players are isolated a lot more, there's more asked individually off every player than relying on team movement or ball retention.
I can see Pedro benched for a period of time with the excuse he's being needed in, Chelsea finally gets going and Jose says it's hard to change a winning side. It could be the new year before we finally see Pedro do something consistently of note.

Mali_Zeus

What's up with Chelsea and all those wingers. Salah, Cuardado, Willian, that German player whose name I cant recall. They buy wingers and then quickly sell them. Willian is still there but Cuardado could leave soon I think..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Expect him to excel in the premier league. He's technically sound in almost all aspects including shooting. Also has bundles of energy.

As others have pointed out, the only weakness that could be exposed is that he is lightweight, but it should be less of a problem to overcome for a settled team like chelsea.

Hopefully he struggles, januzaj trumps him and they fall further behind us in the table.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
What's up with Chelsea and all those wingers. Salah, Cuardado, Willian, that German player whose name I cant recall. They buy wingers and then quickly sell them. Willian is still there but Cuardado could leave soon I think..
We always seem to settle for good wingers instead of just going all out and buying top class ones. Salah and Cuadrado were both stupid buys brought in only to make up for another player leaving essentially.

Oaencha

Its ridiculous we lost out on Pedro over something like 5m, ironically we lost out on Hazard over the same amount.
Don't believe what the gutter rags are printing; they are clueless. There's no way this is about the money. Everything points to him choosing Chelsea over us.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Looks like he may play a part straight away this weekend. Already training.

Oneunited26

I think what Janazaj had done at villa, and what depay was doing in Tuesday may have made VG rethink twice about signing pedro. He also has got young and mata, and signing pedro gives him ironically more problems than answers. VG has got the options, he needs to get the balance right, and get the best out of fellaini, mata, Herrera, depay and Janazaj, there is attacking talent there. I think VG needs to work on what he has got, which is pretty impressive. Play depay Janazaj and mata in their right positions, they can rip it up Easily

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I think what Janazaj had done at villa, and what depay was doing in Tuesday may have made VG rethink twice about signing pedro. He also has got young and mata, and signing pedro gives him ironically more problems than answers. VG has got the options, he needs to get the balance right, and get the best out of fellaini, mata, Herrera, depay and Janazaj, there is attacking talent there I think VG needs to work on more
I hope so because that's definitely what's happened to me!

Mali_Zeus

I think what Janazaj had done at villa, and what depay was doing in Tuesday may have made VG rethink twice about signing pedro. He also has got young and mata, and signing pedro gives him ironically more problems than answers. VG has got the options, he needs to get the balance right, and get the best out of fellaini, mata, Herrera, depay and Janazaj, there is attacking talent there. I think VG needs to work on what he has got, which is pretty impressive. Play depay Janazaj and mata in their right positions, they can rip it up Easily
What happens when one of them gets injured though.

Oneunited26

I hope so because that's definitely what's happened to me!
Wasn't there reports VG was not convinced with pedro's pace. I don't think we needed pedro, I think a defender to add depth to the squad is needed more, and sorting out the DDG situation.