Pedro Neto

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don’t see Martial as a CF. His role also in the squad atm is a backup striker or backup LW.

Rashford Cavani Sancho
Neto Greenwood Diallo

Seems a balanced front line given the quality of the starting 3 and the versatility of the reserve 3.
You maybe don’t but the fact is he’s been our 9 for the past 2 seasons, only occasionally playing on the left as that’s where Rashford is better playing from. He’s hasn’t been backup, he’s been playing. So using your logic, we’d sell our 9, leaving us with an aging cavani (as much as I love him the facts are he’s getting old) and a young & inconsistent Greenwood. What if one or the other gets injured?
IF we sell martial we need to replace with a CF. It’s illogical to do what you suggest.
Fergie always had 4 strikers no matter what

AgentSmith

You maybe don’t but the fact is he’s been our 9 for the past 2 seasons, only occasionally playing on the left as that’s where Rashford is better playing from. He’s hasn’t been backup, he’s been playing. So using your logic, we’d sell our 9, leaving us with an aging cavani (as much as I love him the facts are he’s getting old) and a young & inconsistent Greenwood. What if one or the other gets injured?
IF we sell martial we need to replace with a CF. It’s illogical to do what you suggest.
Fergie always had 4 strikers no matter what
Fergie typically played with a 2 striker system though.

Given we only play with one recognised CF and Bruno I don’t think there’s as much pressure on that position depth wise as you suggest. Especially given Rashford’s ability to play up front would leave us, in the scenario of a Cavani and Greenwood injury, with this:

Rashford

Neto Bruno Sancho​

Anyways, it’s an entirely hypothetical and unrealistic transfer so not really worth delving into further. I just love Neto as a player and think he’s destined for the top because of his combined skill level and attitude and appetite for the game. This is in clear contrast to someone like Martial.

In an ideal world we’d sign Haaland to be our starting no.9 because he’s just a different level to anyone else atm. This is an even more unrealistic than signing Neto though.

So as Walter mentioned earlier, and I definitely agree with this, Sancho should be the first choice option for our attack.

Last edited:

Red00012

Jamie Carragher compared stats of Foden v Neto there on Sky Sports , Neto’s stats aren’t too far off Foden’s this season. Granted Neto has started more games than him but possibly an option to look at the summer?

(PL Stats )
Games played
Neto 28 Foden 22

Goals
Neto 5 Foden 6

Assists
Neto 5 Foden 5

Mins Per Goal
Neto 235 Foden 128

Open play chances created
Neto 1.5 Foden 1.8

Ball carries
Neto 18 Foden 14

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Jamie Carragher compared stats of Foden v Neto there on Sky Sports , Neto’s stats aren’t too far off Foden’s this season. Granted Neto has started more games than him but possibly an option to look at the summer?

(PL Stats )
Games played
Neto 28 Foden 22

Goals
Neto 5 Foden 6

Assists
Neto 5 Foden 5

Mins Per Goal
Neto 235 Foden 128

Open play chances created
Neto 1.5 Foden 1.8

Ball carries
Neto 18 Foden 14
He's been impressive quite a few times i have watched Wolves, but he also seemingly plays best off the LW iirc? Also, as you mentioned, he's played much more than Foden, but he also plays for a much worse attacking side, especially since Jimenez's horror injury.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
How much do people think it would take to pry him from Wolves? North of £60 mill?

Red00012

He's been impressive quite a few times i have watched Wolves, but he also seemingly plays best off the LW iirc? Also, as you mentioned, he's played much more than Foden, but he also plays for a much worse attacking side, especially since Jimenez's horror injury.
He seems to be playing RW anytime I’ve seen him play but seems like he can play across the front 3 , no doubt he will be snapped up at some stage by a top club .

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
How much do people think it would take to pry him from Wolves? North of £60 mill?
I would have thought it would be about that, but then again I didn't think they would sell Jota for as good a deal to Liverpool so who knows?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He seems to be playing RW anytime I’ve seen him play but seems like he can play across the front 3 , no doubt he will be snapped up at some stage by a top club .
Yeah he does interchange quite a bit. The matches i have seen, Podence or adama was playing out on the RW though. Agreed, but it might be tough doing business with Wolves because I don't think they are short of cash.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Liverpools Jota deal was amazing. £41M, plus a potential £4M in add ons. They only paid £4M up front.

At the same time, they sold Hoever to Wolves for £9.5M, with a potential £4M in add ons & a 15% sell on fee.

Lee565

The fact that he has looked so impressive this season despite playing for such a dire attacking side that hovering just above the relegation zone says a lot about his potential to be a future star

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It would be great to have alternatives for Sancho, Neto and Coman would be great solutions for the right wing. I doubt we'd get a top right winger and a world class striker. This is Greenwood's protection, he will have a shot on being first choice striker or first choice winger.

Devil may care

I've been impressed with him this season, he looks comfortable off either wing, just needs to improve his decision making.

11reds

The Daily Mail are linking us with Neto today instead of us going for Sancho. Good player if he performed as good as Jota has done for Liverpool then wouldn't be a bad buy.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
50m reported in the papers this morning, would be a shrewd bit of business that

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Would you play him on the right? I think his best position is from the left, think he can play right but seems less effective from there from what I've seen.

Pickle85

I was pleased to hear this. Hopefully there's something to it as he's been one of the few bright spots in what's been a pretty bleak season for Wolves so far. He's good on the ball and will get more productive, particularly with better players around him. I reckon he's got it in him to go up another couple of levels too. For fifty mill I reckon he'd be very good business.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No, he doesn’t. Shrewd is definitely not the word to describe a heavy deal for a talented but (relatively) unproven talent.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’d 100% be happy with him as a plan B for Sancho. Won’t be an easy deal but he looks like a hell of a talent. Great productivity and his final ball seems to be grand.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't see anything purely super about him except some dribbling, plus -
The way people say that Wan Bissaka is sh*t then personally if Neto couldn't beat him then I'm not sure about him.

charlenefan

I don't see anything purely super about him, plus -
The way people say that Wan Bissaka is sh*t then personally if Neto couldn't beat him then I'm not sure about him.
Every winger that's come up against AWB is shit then

charlenefan

So anything better than a complete waste of money is a shrewd deal. Alright then.
he's 21, got the best part of 4 years left on his current contract, a full international for Portugal and is highly rated, how much do you think he should be worth?

mattunited1978

doommonger
I don't see anything purely super about him except some dribbling, plus -
Dont think anyone says Wan Bissakas sh*t with his 1v1 defending, making this post of yours pretty daft. Dont let your infatuation with peoples opinion on Wan Bissaka, cloud your ability to offer worthwhile content on other topics.

marktan

He's a good player but he's raw and looks better on the left.

At this point I'd rather wait untill Newcastle get relegated and pick up Saint maximin for around £35m, technically he's on another level.

If Dortmund don't make top 4 (a fair chance) then Sancho would be looking at around the £50m range.

dinostar77

Not seen any of Wolves this season. Whats Pedro Neto like? A few unsubstantiated stories that we are interested at £40mil fee and Wolves need to sell.

Bearded One

Struggle to understand why we wouldn’t pay the extra 15-20m and get the better player who we have been targeting for 4 years during a summer he most certainly will be sold.
I wonder too, no need playing hard ball too much when we have some catching up to do. We should do this deal sharply and move on to the next target.