Pedro Neto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallyRed

Him and Martinelli rotating on the left, with Tierney/Zinchenko behind would be some combination.

Dannn411

A player we should have been in for from the start of the window. PL-proven young talent. Sigh. Would be a great signing for Arsenal.

DeeDee7

quite surprised Leandro Trossard barely gets a mention as a possibility.
The kid is a buzzing machine of a winger with quality.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Would be a great signing for Arsenal.

I also haven't seen him enough so feck knows why I think what I think.

Devil81

quite surprised Leandro Trossard barely gets a mention as a possibility.
The kid is a buzzing machine of a winger with quality.
Really like Trossard but like Jared Bowan I think mid Premier league is their standard.

We should be aiming higher tier of player.

adam118

Would take this and bank the extra £30m saved on Antony and use it for a keeper

Hughes35

Think he'd be a decent signing. Not a world beater but a good player that fits a system and fills a position we are short in.

Presume he is the backup to Anthony.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
If he can regain the form he had pre-injury he would be a great player. Lightning quick, direct etc. Decent signing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
50m for him or 80m for Antony. If we have 80m to spend, I'd go Pedro Neto and spend the rest on a goalkeeper. But at the same price I'd prefer Antony for the talent. But I really like Neto too.

Telsim

Get him. As much as I'd like to see Antony here that price is an absolute no-go. Neto also has the advantage of PL experience and seems to be doing quite well despite playing for Wolves. Use the rest of the money for a playmaking CM or RB. Good piece of business that would be.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Get him. As much as I'd like to see Antony here that price is an absolute no-go. Neto also has the advantage of PL experience and seems to be doing quite well despite playing for Wolves. Use the rest of the money for a playmaking CM or RB. Good piece of business that would be.
The same advantage Maguire and AWB had right.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I never realised he was left footed. A left footed winger who actually still plays on the left? Interesting.

Mainoldo

Lets tick off the problems.

Is it immobile? No
Does he have technical ability? Yes
Is he quick? Yes
Is he strong? Yes
Can he dribble? Yes
Can he cross? Debatable

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Lets tick off the problems.

Is it immobile? No
Does he have technical ability? Yes
Is he quick? Yes
Is he strong? Yes
Can he dribble? Yes
Can he cross? Debatable
Players from the PL or other leagues often fail to live up to the expectations.

Neto is a fine talent in his own right, but I'd rather add 30m pounds to get Antony. Think he's significantly better. And isn't he better on the left wing anyway?

Mainoldo

Neto is a fine talent in his own right, but I'd rather add 30m pounds to get Antony. Think he's significantly better. And isn't he better on the left wing anyway?
Yeah but how can you say that with confidence? Neto would rip the Dutch league apart. Ball manipulation Antony all day.. But pace and power… Neto is doing him all day.

Telsim

If you want to go down this path shall we talk about how many players like Antony have moved up from the Eredivisie and failed in the last decade? I don't think this is a conversation you want to have.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If you want to go down this path shall we talk about how many players like Antony have moved up from the Eredivisie and failed in the last decade? I don't think this is a conversation you want to have.
Because they're both rubbish.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yeah but how can you say that with confidence? Neto would rip the Dutch league apart. Ball manipulation Antony all day.. But pace and power… Neto is doing him all day.
Antony is faster than Neto I think. Neto more powerful, but Antony has great intensity in both offense and defense.

Neto has done it in the PL, Antony has shown far more on international and European stage though.

Redcy

yeah another left winger

Mainoldo

Antony is faster than Neto I think. Neto more powerful, but Antony has great intensity in both offense and defense.

Neto has done it in the PL, Antony has shown far more on international and European stage though.
I‘ve never seen Antony put the burners on. He ain’t fast. But if he comes and proves otherwise I’ll gladly be surprised.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I‘ve never seen Antony put the burners on. He ain’t fast. But if he comes and proves otherwise I’ll gladly be surprised.
I find it insane to come to that conclusion if you did really watch him.

Skills

Snitch
For a winger, probably on the slower side. He is no Mata by any means but wouldn't consider him fast either.
It's the way he plays the game is more annoying to be honest. It feel like he needs to trap the ball at his feet before he can make a decision on what to do. Just doesn't have the right intensity.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I would take Neto instead of Gakpo, not Antony.
If it's for the LW spot, then yes. But I have a feeling Gakpo is being looked at as a CF, or at least a player with the versatility to play there. I don't think Neto is that type of player and doesn't have the scoring instincts of Gakpo. As a footballer involved in build up play though, Neto looks better to me.

iHicksy

Podence and Neto are both very impressive when I watch Wolves play. Similar to Raphina I think they will be snapped up by better clubs and I'd personally take Neto over Gakpo, as Neto is around the same price and much more proven whilst being the better player.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It's the way he plays the game is more annoying to be honest. It feel like he needs to trap the ball at his feet before he can make a decision on what to do. Just doesn't have the right intensity.
Yeah seems like it, but weirdly it was rather his strength in the academy and Germany.

I always found him an unconventional player, the way he played. He wasn't extremely fast or strong as a wide player, but very skillful with good decision making all the time. Just seems that the speed of the PL and physicality of it, is really hindering him.

Giggsforever

Neto is a better player than anyone we have been linked with, including Antony. Perfect winger for a ETH side. Pace, work rate, technique, dribbling, vision and a fighter with great attitude. Should have signed him 2 months ago.

red_de_pologne

Neto is a better player than anyone we have been linked with, including Antony. Perfect winger for a ETH side. Pace, work rate, technique, dribbling, vision and a fighter with great attitude. Should have signed him 2 months ago.
We want a left footed right winger.

Also €80m is around £67m

goalscholes

Ah the old 'Arsenal are refusing to go over 40m, let's offer him to United for 50m' tactic. Straight out the Ajax playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.