Pedro Neto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Mendes doing united a favour and arranging a little transfer shuffle.
I should hope so too, considering how he and his client have behaved. Wouldn't want to be burning bridges for any other clients of his in the future.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bit of a red flag isn't it? He's a decent enough player but if Wolves aren't that desperate to hold on to him then is he really going to be good enough for us?
Mendes giveth (Nunes); Mendes taketh.

DWelbz19

He is (was pre-injury?) a very interesting talent, one of the better prospects in the league in his age bracket. But for the price you'd expect him to be available for, you'd worry: 1. Is he back to the same level he was after a few big injuries; and 2. He is still far from the finished product, so you're mostly paying for potential.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The article above states that Wolves will need to sanction the sale of a player to balance the books now that Nunes looks to be close to being completed.

I think if we sign Neto, his ability in open play to enhance our transitions will enable our other players to become more potent. I doubt the Glazers will sanction 5 more signings, but i'd personally love to see us sign Neto along with Rabiot and de Jong. And if de Jong isn't possible then Bennacer or Caqueret would be my choices. Both Caqueret and Bennacer have a low centre of gravity and are technically very good along with evading the opponents press. Ideally i'd also like a RB and a traditional CF, but I doubt that's a possibility. I'm not even sure if my initial recommendation is possible.

DWelbz19

What bad injury he had prior to this? Or is he injury prone?
He missed the end of 2020/21 and most of 2021/22 with a bad knee injury, returning at the end of February 2022. Transfermarkt says he was out for 295 days with it.
I think if we sign Neto, his ability in open play to enhance our transitions will enable our other players to become more potent. I doubt the Glazers will sanction 5 more signings, but i'd personally love to see us sign Neto along with Rabiot and de Jong. And if de Jong isn't possible then Bennacer or Caqueret would be my choices. Both Caqueret and Bennacer have a low centre of gravity and are technically very good along with evading the opponents press. Ideally i'd also like a RB and a traditional CF, but I doubt that's a possibility. I'm not even sure if my initial recommendation is possible.
Hopefully that's ten Hag's plan. At least one winger who can run pretty quickly and carry the ball (someone like Neto, Antony etc) and at least one or two central midfielders who don't crumble when pressed.

Abraxas

He seems like one of those players that could take a massive jump at a big club. Has loads of ability. But he would certainly need to, you have to score and create plenty for a wide player these days.

The problem is, we're a shambles. So it's not as if he's coming into a thriving setup.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Tore his ACL and came back earlier this year
Actually, it was quite a rare fractured knee cap, not a ligament injury.

Can be a difficult injury to heal, so initially we were concerned he wouldn't come back the same player.

Last season, he came back and looked well off the pace. This season has started more promisingly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Actually, it was quite a rare fractured knee cap, not a ligament injury.

Can be a difficult injury to heal, so initially we were concerned he wouldn't come back the same player.

Last season, he came back and looked well off the pace. This season has started more promisingly.
Oh i thought it was ligaments. Weird. Yeah he's looked class so far this season.

Castia

:lol: just what we need.
If anybody ever watched him play they know how good he was before last seasons injury. Makes dribbling around defenders look easy, way more potential than somebody like Jota for example.

Not sure how the injury healed so that’s the big question mark.

If this guy is available and he’s full recovered we aren’t signing a better player than Neto before the deadline.

IrishRedDevil

If anybody ever watched him play they know how good he was before last seasons injury. Makes dribbling around defenders look easy, way more potential than somebody like Jota for example.

Not sure how the injury healed so that’s the big question mark.
We aren't exactly in a position to experiment or take a risk.

Dancing around defenders is real pretty, Sancho can do that also, but we need someone to bang the ball into the net.

Castia

We aren't exactly in a position to experiment or take a risk.

Dancing around defenders is real pretty, Sancho can do that also, but we need someone to bang the ball into the net.
Well Neto is more a winger than goal scorer but his stats are primarily those of a 20 year old playing in the PL under Nuno Santo…one of the least attacking coaches in the league.

We need a wide player more than striker in my opinion. Presuming Ronaldo stays we have him and Martial as strikers. On the wings we have a out of form Rashford and Sancho with Elanga as backup.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
Hadn't heard of any links with him. He's talented for sure and Wolves are desperate to sell players as they have no money atm so he would be relatively cheap I imagine. Last season his end product wasn't great though. I know he's still young and you'd expect that to improve but I wouldn't really want us relying on him too much tbh. Certainly significantly ahead of the level of any of our young attackers atm though (our backups I mean, not our starters). Has been playing as a false 9 in pre-season for Wolves also so could even potentially fill in for Martial in the case of an injury. I think I'd personally prefer Olise still who has a buy-out clause of £35m but overall not the worst option.
I mean that’s pretty spectacular to get that much wrong in one post about one player

1. we are not desperate to sell anyone, if we were then believe me we absolutely wouldn’t have rejected £35m for Morgan Gibbs White.

2. no money? we are already loaded and thats without the rumoured Qatar investment (which has now been all but confirmed by several respected journalists) - they are rumoured to be buying 30% of the club

3. Cheap? He’s in contract until 2027 so how cheap do you think you’ll get him for?

4. He hasn’t played one game as a false number 9 at all, not pre season and not since he came to the club

RC89

Didn't he just pen a new five year contract? I don't see this happening without a ridiculous fee.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
Didn't he just pen a new five year contract? I don't see this happening without a ridiculous fee.
2027, would take a huge fee, isn’t going to happen guys

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
What sort of fee do you expect you'd let him go for?
he won’t go for less than £50m, we don’t need to sell contrary to what has been in the media lately, we’ve got a Qatar investment company about to purchase 30% of the club and invest big money.

we’ve just turned down £35m plus for MGW and he’s worth no more than £20m to be honest, most fans would’ve snapped Forests hand off at £35m but the club have turned it down despite signing a ready made replacement in Guedes the next day for £27m, now spending £35m on Nunes, we aren’t short of money mate, I’m not boating by the way, just telling it how it is, I actually like United

Ted Lasso

Signing that would make sense but doubtful that anyone at the club is seriously pursuing

Theo88

Signing that would make sense but doubtful that anyone at the club is seriously pursuing
It’s because we’re about to declare our strong intentions for Mbappe, Felix, and KDB. not enough fax machines to do the sensible deals.

Dazzmondo

I mean that’s pretty spectacular to get that much wrong in one post about one player

1. we are not desperate to sell anyone, if we were then believe me we absolutely wouldn’t have rejected £35m for Morgan Gibbs White.

2. no money? we are already loaded and thats without the rumoured Qatar investment (which has now been all but confirmed by several respected journalists) - they are rumoured to be buying 30% of the club

3. Cheap? He’s in contract until 2027 so how cheap do you think you’ll get him for?

4. He hasn’t played one game as a false number 9 at all, not pre season and not since he came to the club
That post was from almost a month ago and was based on what information I was hearing at the time. Nobody had moved for Morgan Gibbs-White and much of what I said there was based on what your own fans were saying. You hadn't bought anyone aside from Collins, had let Fabio Silva go on loan and Jimenez had just gotten injured. Much of what I was basing that post off was coming from the Wolves forum at the time where the consensus seemed to be you were expecting to raise money from the sale of Neves and with no interested parties, that's why you didn't have money to bring in players. You've still only brought in Collins, Hwang and Guedes to this point so not exactly like you're splashing the cash. You're saying I got so much wrong in my post yet your first 3 numbered points are basically the exact same point or at the very least extremely closely linked to each other. On the 4th point, fair enough, I was going off what I had heard. I hadn't watched any of your pre-season games, I was under the impression he had played a couple games there with Jimenez injured in pre-season.

redcucumber

Big difference there though....

Jota came into a team that was settled and world class and where his contribution wasn't really going to be telling.

We are a shambles and kind of need players to hit the ground running.

On the face of it he's not a bad player but the price won't be cheap and the demands on him will be high even if that's unfair on the lad.
Who can we realistically sign that is guaranteed to hit the ground running? Neto is experienced in the PL. That alone stands him in good stead to make an impact.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Who can we realistically sign that is guaranteed to hit the ground running? Neto is experienced in the PL. That alone stands him in good stead to make an impact.
I have already shown you that he has a 1 in 9 hit rate. That's miles less than Rashford and Martial have.

redcucumber

I have already shown you that he has a 1 in 9 hit rate. That's miles less than Rashford and Martial have.
Playing for a famously defensive and conservative Wolves side. He also missed the majority of last season through injury, meaning his numbers are from when he was a teenager/20 years old.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Playing for a famously defensive and conservative Wolves side. He also missed the majority of last season through injury, meaning his numbers are from when he was a teenager/20 years old.
Maybe so but it's still a huge risk given they wouldn't sell him cheap.

He's a decent enough player but I'm not even convinced he's worth spending that on. Why not give Garnacho the game time instead?

redcucumber

He's a decent enough player but I'm not even convinced he's worth spending that on. Why not give Garnacho the game time instead?
It's definitely a risk. Problem is, every single team we approach is going to extort us knowing how hopelessly desperate we are. We have hilariously cornered ourselves.

I'd like to see the likes of Garnacho and Hannibal be given a chance. Feels dangerous, though, and it could negatively impact their long-term development.

Castia

He’s at a much higher level than Garnacho at the moment. If he’s fully recovered from his injury he will be one of the best young players in the league this season.

I rate him a lot, he stands out every time I watch Wolves as easily one of their best players.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
That post was from almost a month ago and was based on what information I was hearing at the time. Nobody had moved for Morgan Gibbs-White and much of what I said there was based on what your own fans were saying. You hadn't bought anyone aside from Collins, had let Fabio Silva go on loan and Jimenez had just gotten injured. Much of what I was basing that post off was coming from the Wolves forum at the time where the consensus seemed to be you were expecting to raise money from the sale of Neves and with no interested parties, that's why you didn't have money to bring in players. You've still only brought in Collins, Hwang and Guedes to this point so not exactly like you're splashing the cash. You're saying I got so much wrong in my post yet your first 3 numbered points are basically the exact same point or at the very least extremely closely linked to each other. On the 4th point, fair enough, I was going off what I had heard. I hadn't watched any of your pre-season games, I was under the impression he had played a couple games there with Jimenez injured in pre-season.
Fair enough mucka, you must be reading the wrong wolves forum though mate.
Neto is going to be brilliant when fully fit but he’s definitely not a striker nor can he play there, his best position is on the wing attacking people.
I’d be amazed if we sell him but that said with a contract until 2027 he wouldn’t come cheap so that would be the sweetener.
No one really knows what formation Lage wants to play yet other than he wants to move to 4 at the back which we have now done so if we go 442 Neto will definitely stay.

can I interest you in a cheeky bid for Traore though? He has1 good game in 5?

Dazzmondo

Fair enough mucka, you must be reading the wrong wolves forum though mate.
Neto is going to be brilliant when fully fit but he’s definitely not a striker nor can he play there, his best position is on the wing attacking people.
I’d be amazed if we sell him but that said with a contract until 2027 he wouldn’t come cheap so that would be the sweetener.
No one really knows what formation Lage wants to play yet other than he wants to move to 4 at the back which we have now done so if we go 442 Neto will definitely stay.

can I interest you in a cheeky bid for Traore though? He has1 good game in 5?
No thanks, you can keep Adama (although I'm sure you'd find some on here that would still want him :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.