Pep Guardiola: "Raiola offered me Mkhitaryan and Pogba two months ago.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
After a couple of weeks, Pep Guardiola's answer to Mino Raiola arrives . The prosecutor had gone down heavy, insulting the coach of the City calling it "coward" and comparing it to a dog. In the press conference on the eve of Manchester derby (which can be worth the title for the City), the former Catalan midfielder replied to Mino's words: "This person" - says Pep obviously referring to Raiola - two months ago came to offer Mkhitaryan and Pogba to come and play with us at Manchester City. Yes, exactly, just two months ago. I'm not the kind of person who has to protect his players, but he can not bring his players to me like you do with a dog ". And speaking of dogs, Guardiola also responds to this aspect: "The comparison with a dog is not beautiful, it must respect dogs".
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/guar...ima-mi-offre-pogba-e-mkhitaryan-e-poi-insulta

Wow. From today's embargoed press conference.

SwSw

Pep's attempt to deflect attention from the shit show his team put up at Anfield.

KM

Seems like shit is about to hit the fan between Pep and Raiola, if its true about Pogba thats weird, must mean either Pep is full of it, or Pogba is not cool with Jose.
Duncan Castles was saying that United are not happy with Raiola's actions. Apparently they wanted to upgrade Paul's contract. Guess he was mentioning this.

Also did Raiola really expect us to sell Pogba to City?

Classical Mechanic

Seems like shit is about to hit the fan between Pep and Raiola, if its true about Pogba thats weird, must mean either Pep is full of it, or Pogba is not cool with Jose.
I would expect most agents are testing the market for their clients a lot of the time. If they want to negotiate a new deal or indeed move them, they need something to bargain with.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
As if we'd sell him to one of our rivals.
We wouldn't but we've seen how Raiola acts to get his clients out of clubs. Clearly there was willingness on the player's side. If Pogba was actually considering crossing the city then shows how little his time in our academy meant.

Schneckerl

Raiola trying to move his players for the big cash, doesn't mean pogba is 100% up for it.

Varun

Staff
If this is true, how could Raiola possibly think we'd sell Pogba to City? I mean it, it's one of those transfers that would never be sanctioned regardless of what happened between pogba and jose. We'd tell him to find a different club or stay at home collecting the pay cheque.

Classnordic

I remember last time we met city, Mourinho made som remarks as he usually does. about Pep, to get him to fire back, but pep didnt fire back.
I actually thought that he was the bigger man, but i guess he has his revenge now. Absolutely hilarious imo.

This will hurt Mourinho, and he will surely fire back hard.

KM

The timeline matches the period when Pogba was being dropped for McTominay. Raiola does all kind of bullshit to ensure he gets the upperhand, I don't think he genuinely expects us to sell Pogba to City.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What an absolutely cnutish thing to say by Guardiola. If Mourinho had said that about De Bryune there would be absolutely hell up.

The timeline matches the period when Pogba was being dropped for McTominay. Raiola does all kind of bullshit to ensure he gets the upperhand, I don't think he genuinely expects us to sell Pogba to City.
Exactly what it is. We know what we're dealing with with Mino, he's an agent and a pain in the ass. His player was out of favour and he was no doubt trying to give Mourinho and United a wake up call.

Pep is completely out of order coming out with that though.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
If this is true, how could Raiola possibly think we'd sell Pogba to City? I mean it, it's one of those transfers that would never be sanctioned regardless of what happened between pogba and jose. We'd tell him to find a different club or stay at home collecting the pay cheque.
For the same reason Raiola does everything he does - lots and lots of money.

AR87

Nah because in it he offered up Mkhi as well. It pre-dates him being dropped from McTominay and almost surely occurred during the January window before Mkhi moved to Arsenal.

el3mel

Renewing Pogba's contract will be a nightmare. Remember Donnarumma.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Duncan Castles was saying that United are not happy with Raiola's actions. Apparently they wanted to upgrade Paul's contract. Guess he was mentioning this.

Also did Raiola really expect us to sell Pogba to City?
Thats it, I can't wrap my head around why he'd do it. Pogba whilst not at his best has been good and while Jose wants more from him I'd doubt he wants rid. By the same token I can't see why Pep would say this if not true, last thing he'll want to do is give Jose ammunition for a press room battle (given how the Spanish one went) or give United motivation for the weekend.

Maybe Raiola testing the waters... hard to figure out.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Jeez.. Raiola is a massive cnut, but that was a serious low blow by Pep.. not needed at all. I don't think even Jose would stoop that low to actually disclose such info.

KM

Jeez.. Raiola is a massive cnut, but that was a serious low blow by Pep.. not needed at all. I don't think even Jose would stoop that low to actually disclose such info.
To be fair to Guardiola and I think he's a hypocrite but Raiola called him a dog few days ago, he was replying to it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Just to pick on what he's saying, two months ago Miki was at Arsenal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's the sort of vile stuff he spews - problem of getting involved with Raiola. Playing with fire does get you burned at some point...

KM

I doubt Pogba would go to City. Raiola probably offered him to clubs which can afford his wages. Although this sorta confirms that he wanted out when he was dropped.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Of course he's going to hit back, its not two days since Raiola called Pep a coward and well heres the quote:

"Pep Guardiola, the coach, is fantastic. As a person he's an absolute zero. He's a coward, a dog. He’s a classic priest. 'Do as I tell you – don't do what I do...' If Manchester City win the Champions League this season it will emphasise what a good coach he is – but I'll hate it."

Raiola has issue with Pep over Zlatan's time at Barca, in fact his comments pretty much mirror those of Zlatan. Pep's response was like if I'm all these things why did he offer me Mkhi and Pogba.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
To be fair to Guardiola and I think he's a hypocrite but Raiola called him a dog few days ago, he was replying to it.
I understand him wanting to respond and doing so.. but he could have said he offered me Mkhi and some other players (and left it open for speculation). It is very rare managers will disclose such info as they know it is very disrespectful to opposition manager and one day they could be on the receiving end. Plus him and Jose have been on decent terms since move to EPL.