Pep Guardiola: "Raiola offered me Mkhitaryan and Pogba two months ago.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
My guess would have been Pep saying he did not mean to put Pogba in an uncomfortable situation and Pig saying, there's nothing to worry about.
♪Pigs will tear you apart again♪

Deleted member 101472

I’ve decided today that I detest Guardiola and it’s befause of his implementation of tactical fouls. They are the most infuriating thing in the world. The one sane done on lingard and got away with was worse than lukakus or Herrera’s. How he’s managed to get his players to continuously get away with it for so long is a joke.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Just give Pogba a better contract, thats what he wanted since Sanchez has arrived, like a kid sulking.
Don’t believe in all that. Why should he be the highest earner at the club when besides today and a handful of others he’s not played like it? We’ll talk about a better contract at some point next season if he’s the player we all know he can be.

Giggs86

My guess would have been Pep saying he did not mean to put Pogba in an uncomfortable situation and Pig saying, there's nothing to worry about.
I know he hadn't been at his best lately but that's a bit harsh.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
So did this really happen or not?
The more interesting question is whether the result, and particularly this Pogba performance, would’ve happened without the fuel of this whole daft controversy.

I’d like to think not.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Two days later...
Pep: I was offered Mané and Salah.

The next day a double brace happens.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Pep clearly tried to use this to unsettle us in my opinion. Which is a shame.
Which makes it all the sweeter: You couldn’t have written a better response. Especially at half time, when 90% of the Caf would’ve sold Pogba for a Panini pack and a hand full of pineapple chunks.

Mindhunter

Must be true, i.e., if offering Pogba means Raiola mentioning him in one of his conversations with Pep/City.

Mentioning a name and actually offering are two very different things. It’s clear Pogba has a gripe with Mourinho and Raiola was trying to ack cheeky. In the end, Saint Pep kept this piece of information with him to be used right before the derby.

Knowing Mourinho, he must be fuming inside. This magnanimous attitude is a sham.

Classical Mechanic

I think it probably did happen. I think Raiola was looking to negotiate a new contract for Pogba and was trying to get an offer from another club to take back to Ed, much like Umtiti has done with United recently (and countless other players) and of course Rooney did with City those years ago.

RedCurry

Pep to Pog: “I am so happy for you, believe me so happy. Happy new year!”

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Must be true, i.e., if offering Pogba means Raiola mentioning him in one of his conversations with Pep/City.

Mentioning a name and actually offering are two very different things. It’s clear Pogba has a gripe with Mourinho and Raiola was trying to ack cheeky. In the end, Saint Pep kept this piece of information with him to be used right before the derby.

Knowing Mourinho, he must be fuming inside. This magnanimous attitude is a sham.
You know Mourinho?

Brightonian

I guarantee Raiola 'offers' Pogba to every big club who will take his call at least once a week. The man's a pimp, it's his job. It's not the same as Pogba asking to move or us having any intention of letting him go.

Mindhunter

Ask him who we are targeting for next year then.
Stop being pedantic. If you can’t predict manager’s behaviours based on previous reactions/press conferences then you might as well close this forum.

If you really feel that Jose doesn’t care about what Riola did then share your opinion.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Stop being pedantic. If you can’t predict manager’s behaviours based on previous reactions/press conferences then you might as well close this forum.

If you really feel that Jose doesn’t care about what Riola did then share your opinion.
I was being serious.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Or maybe he believes Raiola didn't offer him to City.

el3mel

Pep has the strangest body language I have seen for any top manager in presser. He just feels so weird tbh even when he won.

championo

Top Stalker
There are mind games, and then there is this. This is a bit malicious. Who does this? Even if true, I will like to know what topic brought all of this into the discussion. Was he trying to unsettle the team or wreck Pogba and Jose relationship?

SirAF

Ageist
Pep has the strangest body language I have seen for any top manager in presser. He just feels so weird tbh even when he won.
He could barely sit still! Kept wriggeling like T-Bag does when he talks :p

el3mel

He could barely sit still! Kept wriggeling like T-Bag does when he talks :p
That's exactly what I meant but couldn't word it better. He keeps moving non stop in the chair which is pretty weird to see.

SirAF

Ageist
There are mind games, and then there is this. This is a bit malicious. Who does this? Even if true, I will like to know what topic brought all of this into the discussion. Was he trying to unsettle the team or wreck Pogba and Jose relationship?
The only thing that is certain is: If United and City are in a title fight next year.. sparks are going to fly and we’ll see Mourinho revive the rivalry from Spain :devil:

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
If its true then either Pogba asked him to do it because he wants to play for them or the agent did it without his permission, in which case why would he keep him as an agent? If hes not acting within his wishes?

SirAF

Ageist
If its true then either Pogba asked him to do it because he wants to play for them or the agent did it without his permission, in which case why would he keep him as an agent? If hes not acting within his wishes?
Guardiola is probably lying. Either way, I believe it’s pretty common for most agents to constantly put out feelers.