Pep Guardiola: "Raiola offered me Mkhitaryan and Pogba two months ago.

Akshay

Staff
All I am saying that we really don’t know what went down here. I think the best way for Pogba to respond is on the pitch where it counts. A brilliant performance and showing passion would go a long way to putting all this talk behind us. Let’s hope so. Media always spin stuff in all sort of ways but statement on the pitch is a different story.
I'd welcome a positive performance but I don't think Pogba responds to this kind of personal pressure very well. He has a tendency to try to show off or do it all on his own which actually makes him worse. Let's see, but a single good performance isn't going to answer all the questions that will come as a result of this.

Exactly. At first I though Guardiola was just being emotional as he has precedence for acting like that. But when you learn that the original question was about enemies and he basically sets himself up to reveal the Pogba offer, it is obvious that he knew what he was doing that it was planned. This doesn't however negate that what he is saying is most likely true, especially after Raiola and Pogba's muted response. If he was lying, they could sue him. He might be looking to score a point against us but he is not stupid to risk lying about something like that.
I'm not entirely sure whether it was planned, as you say Pep is a bit prone to bizarre behavior with the press. It's enough for me that he's talking about a rival player wanting to move on the eve of a match - that is disrespectful whether he intended to be or not. However, his responsibility isn't to us it's to City, and I've no problem with managers using the press as a weapon against other clubs as long as it doesn't go too far.

midnightmare

Raiola could easily have come out and said 'I never offered Pogba and Mkhi to Manchester City. Pep is a liar." or some such. It wouldn't be anything more incendiary than what he's already said. Instead he says he offers players to City not Guardiola (which is a pedantic distinction) and won't speak about which players he may have offered.

And I find it difficult to believe an agent would act without his client even knowing about his actions, especially one like Raiola who has a reputation for always putting what his clients want first. And if really were so, again Pogba could have easily clarified that and made it clear he never wanted out.
Because the Raiola quotes are from an earlier interview. He’s not responding to Pep’s claims. At least, not to the best of my knowledge.

borrays

Why is he keep repeating about City having no money though? This is after all the very same club who spent £60 mil for a centre back & tried to lure Mahrez for £50 mil in January. and i think it will be hillarious to see Pogba plays under Pep :lol:

Kaos

Ugh, not a single party has come out of this with any shred of dignity.

Pep looking petulant so soon after this CL humilation, and the sheer audacity of the fat cnut to decide that our contracted players are available, to our bitter rivals no less.

That's assuming this isn't all bollocks.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Pizza boy would have had to go into hiding if he pulled something like this with SAF in charge.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The audacity of Pep, having spent the highest sum in the history of English football saying that they couldn't afford him.
He's fooling no one!

Pathethic mind games, just happening to drop that BS out for this game.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Yeah good point, but Lukaku is already here and he doesn't really suit any of the other top clubs so I doubt he's going anywhere. If United cut ties with raiola I could see Lukaku getting rid of him.
And imo Lukaku shows real passion for the club on the pitch, something I don't feel from Pogba.

ForeverUnited93

Pogba’s Response, via Instagram summed it up for me, “Say what?” With a picture of his hand to his ear, to me I read that as it was news to him, as if to say “I was offered to our rivals in january? Huh?” This could cause some problems between some parties, if it’s true Raiola did this and Pogba didn’t know then he should drop him as manager. If Pogba did know about it though then it could explain the tension between Jose and Pogba, and his severe drop in form around that time (January), because before that he was actually having a really solid year.

Have to wait and see, but I’d absolutely love Pogba to score a thunderbolt against city today and thump his hand against the United crest or kiss it, would end the rumours then and there.

clarkydaz

If it was just to spite Riola then he would have only mentioned Miki since he left already, but he didn't and he went on to mention Pogba as well.
The whole point of Pogba being included is it reflects terribly on Raiola. Who actually gives a shit if he offered Miki to them

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Turned up today with blue hair apparently. All but confirmed what Pep was saying is true. Sack Raiola, sell Pogba.

I know
I reckon he has his heart set on Everton.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pogba doesn't want to leave you guys nor is he ridiculously loyal, he's like just about every player today. His agent will be constantly doing things like this as I'm sure he and other agents do for every player. Agents make alot of money from moving players on and big players like Pogba come with big money. Lets be honest for Raiola, he'd like all his top clients moving clubs every 2 years because £££.

Nitewolf

I'm a big fan of Pogba, and I'm pretty sure Pep remarks were meant to destabilize the player and our club. Sadly though, the matter at hand seems true, Raiola did offer Pogba to City. This is the only thing that matters to me from this circus.

Now, either Pogba knew what his manager was doing, and he has to go, or he didn't, then his manager needs to go. As simple as that.

I think Pogba has to either sack his manager or be sold in the next transfer window. I repeat, I'm a big fan, but we can't have such distraction while we are trying to rebuild our team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If all this is true, are contracts worth anything anymore?
Yes and no. Clubs have the habit to get rid of players when they fill like it, fans are prone to consider players like deadwood or living thieves and players are prefectly happy offering their services to the higher bidder. But in all of those cases, the contract leads to a transfer fee, so yes contracts are worth something, they are worth the money that the club in possession of the registration is willing to take.

Now, I assume that your question was more about loyalty and respect of the terms of a contract. In that case the answer is no, there is little loyalty in football and it has been like that since day one.

EyeInTheSky

If Pep has made it up Raiola and Pogba are both fools for not having unambiguously denied it. The quotes given and the 'Say What?' tweet do nothing to assure anyone. Most likely he's telling the truth which is why the player and agent have chosen to be circumspect in their responses.
And if the stayed quiet the silence would have been confirmation using the same logic.

Raiola got asked the question and he chose to answer.

Janson

I understand him wanting to respond and doing so.. but he could have said he offered me Mkhi and some other players (and left it open for speculation). It is very rare managers will disclose such info as they know it is very disrespectful to opposition manager and one day they could be on the receiving end. Plus him and Jose have been on decent terms since move to EPL.
Pep worrying about disrespecting Mourinho.:lol:

clarkydaz

So you are saying that Raiola and Pogba and the club are lying?

Pep can do no wrong...
Nobody said the club was involved in this. Raiola hasn't denied it, and this is a guy who attacks people publicly for no apparent reason. So if Pep is telling porkies then both Raiola and Jose will tear him to shreds in return

Judas

Open to offers
I'm a big fan of Pogba, and I'm pretty sure Pep remarks were meant to destabilize the player and our club. Sadly though, the matter at hand seems true, Raiola did offer Pogba to City. This is the only thing that matters to me from this circus.

Now, either Pogba knew what his manager was doing, and he has to go, or he didn't, then his manager needs to go. As simple as that.

I think Pogba has to either sack his manager or be sold in the next transfer window. I repeat, I'm a big fan, but we can't have such distraction while we are trying to rebuild our team.
You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

This sort of business happens with all the players in every window, Pep's just lifted the lid and given everyone a peak. He shouldn't have done it, but who knows what goes through his mad mind.

Janson

Exactly. At first I though Guardiola was just being emotional as he has precedence for acting like that. But when you learn that the original question was about enemies and he basically sets himself up to reveal the Pogba offer, it is obvious that he knew what he was doing that it was planned. This doesn't however negate that what he is saying is most likely true, especially after Raiola and Pogba's muted response. If he was lying, they could sue him. He might be looking to score a point against us but he is not stupid to risk lying about something like that.
Pep wants a reaction from Mourinho. Why give him what he's after? It doesn't mean that you're guilty just because you don't get all riled up about some ridiculous allegations.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Nothing story for me. Just shifting media focus from dire City performance against Pool to what a lot of people will get wind up over but isn't a big thing.

United would never have allowed Pogba to go to City & every agent will do what they can to get leverage in contract negotiations.

The likes of Valencia and Scholes are the exceptions, not the rule.

Hammondo

So you are going to try and restrict him from doing his job? I do not in the slightest understand what you are even talking about.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Pep fecked up hard here. Egg on his bald face

Akshay

Staff
All I am saying that we really don’t know what went down here. I think the best way for Pogba to respond is on the pitch where it counts. A brilliant performance and showing passion would go a long way to putting all this talk behind us. Let’s hope so. Media always spin stuff in all sort of ways but statement on the pitch is a different story.
Fair dues! :D

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mourinho owns the press room.

He needs to remember that.

Darkhorsez

Fair dues! :D
Thanks :D I am so happy for the guy as he is so talented. Not sure if you saw that Pep kept holding onto his neck talkIn to him after the game and all he wanted to do was to go over to our fans and celebrate. Pep is a truly weird dude. You would think he would refrain that sort of thing after what he said! Don’t really like him. What a great game -I am still buzzing!

EyeInTheSky

this is all BS Pogba even came out and said so. The actual quotes from Raiola have been twisted intentionally to make it sound like "yeah he didn't speak to Guardiola but he did not deny he was trying to sell Pogba". When what he actually said was#:

The Italian told the BBC he is a huge admirer of Guardiola but said: "I never spoke to Pep Guardiola. I would not speak to him about players; I would speak to Manchester City."

and of course rather than reading what it actually said which is that if he wanted to sell a player he would speak to the official club channels, not the manager, instead it gets twisted into a ludicrous storey about us selling our biggest player in fecking January to our derby rivals.

So we have the Club apparently saying this is BS, THe person who was misquoted and the player himself but that won't be good enough for the melodramatic melts.

The fact that this was said right before the derby was a poor attempt at unsettling the players and manager before the game. Amazing how some could not see that. Pep sucks at mind games :lol:
Here is the full article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43674624
He did Jose's team talk to Paul for him :cool: