Pep Guardiola: "Raiola offered me Mkhitaryan and Pogba two months ago.

fergosaurus

Pep is prone to a good old meltdown when things don't go his way. It's a pity they got those cluster of fortunate late wins earlier on in the season otherwise they might not have had such a sparkling league campaign.

Kapardin

Yeah, did a bit of scrutiny on it, and your reading of it is right @padr81, he has been called a dog, and he is reacting vehemently against that.

Pep: So, finally the people discover my secrets. I am a bad guy. I am a coward. I don't understand why I am a so-bad guy, well I never (have spoken) with (Raiola), so (what) influenced (his) opinion (of me) I don't know. Maybe for you he will explain many things about me, but... Like, two months ago he offered me Mkhitarian and Pogba to play with us. Why?

Journo: Two months ago?

Pep: Yeah. Why the offer (to see if) we were interested in Mkhitarian and Pogba to play with us? So, I'm a bad guy, so he has to protect his players. So, he has to know that he cannot bring his players to a guy like me, like a dog. And comparing (me to) a dog is bad. It's not good. He has to respect ... dogs. [Nervous titter among press corps]

Journo: Did you not have space for Pogba here, then?

Pep. Pogba is an exceptional player. A top, top player.

Journo: When you were told that, what did you think of it, the situation?

Pep: I said no. We don't have money enough to buy Pogba. Because he's so expensive.

Journo: But you must have been surprised that that was even a possibility

Pep: Why - surprised because I am a dog. So that's why, (I am) so like a dog he wouldn't chance to join his players to here. So, no.​

Very bitter against that agent, that is for sure. I don't think its strategic, or if so that's just secondary to putting a wedge between Raiola and his players, and doing as much damage to the agent as possible.
Exactly my thoughts. He really wanted to address that dog comment more than play mindgames with us. In that regard, he has my sympathy, Raiola is a scumbag. But I got slated for mentioning that.

Classical Mechanic

Even if it is - what he reveals is very telling.
Is it? Everyone should know that agents use other clubs all the time to get what they want, a bigger contract or a move. Look at Umtiti, I'm sure we have tabled a offer on the off chance he might actually move and his agent is using this as a negotiating tool with Barca.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
If it was just to spite Riola then he would have only mentioned Miki since he left already, but he didn't and he went on to mention Pogba as well.

Traub

Is it? Everyone should know that agents use other clubs all the time to get what they want, a bigger contract or a move. Look at Umtiti, I'm sure we have tabled a offer on the off chance he might actually move and his agent is using this as a negotiating tool with Barca.
Plus we hear the Bale and Ronaldo to United rumours every summer. I think it’s just part of football. Also, does anyone think Pogba will spend the rest of his career with us? At some point he’s going to move and there’s literally only a handful of clubs who can afford him - one of them being city

C'est Moi Cantona

Who knows what skullduggery went on to get Pogba & Mkihi to us in the first place, it just the way he operates, and clearly very successfully too, just nasty if you're on the receiving end.

If Pogba wants to have his best years with us, which is surely why he came back in the first place, then he needs to distance himself from this guy, because much as I dislike Jose & think Pogba can be fantastic for us, I'd be with him on this one if it does unravel in the summer.

Akshay

Staff
Plus we hear the Bale and Ronaldo to United rumours every summer. I think it’s just part of football. Also, does anyone think Pogba will spend the rest of his career with us? At some point he’s going to move and there’s literally only a handful of clubs who can afford him - one of them being city
There is zero chance he moves to City though? Media rumors is one thing, offering a player to a club when you know a deal is never going to happen is just pointless.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
As an outside fan, this is one of the occasions where you would post a gif of someone eating popcorn :drool:

prath92

To be fair not too many top players will tolerate jm methods. Look at what happened at Real Madrid. Parking the bus is nonsensical and would never be accepted there and neither should here.
He wasn’t sacked at Madrid due to parking the bus. He was sacked because the senior players (casillas Ramos CR7) got upset he tried to bench casillas.

Josep Dowling

Whether true or not why has Pep decided to disclose this information now?

Seems a very strange comment to make, was he asked in his interview or did he go off on a tangent to mention it?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
As an outside fan, this is one of the occasions where you would post a gif of someone eating popcorn :drool:
"Outside fan" :lol:.

Give it a break, you're one of those weird Pep ******* we've here.

JohnnyKills

It must have been clear back in January that united wanted mkhi to go to Arsenal. Why on earth would that fat low-life offer him to City?

Varun

Staff
It must have been clear back in January that united wanted mkhi to go to Arsenal. Why on earth would that fat low-life offer him to City?
Erm, because Mkhi would have sprinted over to City if they wanted him?

JohnnyKills

Erm, because Mkhi would have sprinted over to City if they wanted him?
Yeah of course but Raiola must have known it was never going to happen. United wouldn't have sent him there and City wouldn't have wanted him.

Being a scumbag is fine if you want to be a successful agent, but surely wasting people's time with this kind of lunacy is not on!

Who else does Raiola have on his books? Will we need to deal with him again in the future?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Can a mod add a bleedin' quotation mark to the end. It's hurtin' me eeeeeyes, like ... what did he say next guys?

beedoubleyou

Yes, exactly, just two months ago

February? Weird.

This agent is the worst. Pogba deserves to lose 10% if his salary for being such a mug.

Kostov

I don't know if there is a cultural difference but to me questioning a fellow's professional weight and diet is crass. I did not say offensive. Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt in that one, how about questioning Cristiano Ronaldo's education and referring to his poor upbringing? Thatwas around the same period Ronaldo lost his father. You don't think that crosses a line?
Not sure about the cultural difference, but questioning someones work and achievements is equally low shot, Mourinho's attack was more childish for me.
With Ronaldo - then at United - helping his team win the Premier League by six points from Chelsea, he claimed Mourinho "does not know how to admit his own failures".

The Stamford Bridge coach responded first by calling the player a liar then gave a barbed view on comments Sir Alex Ferguson made in relation to the row.

He said: "It's a game where a kid had some statements not very… not showing maturity and respect, maybe difficult childhood, no education, maybe the consequence of that.

"Sir Alex felt he had to protect his boy. But normal things… I have no problems with him (Ferguson). I have no problem with the boy."
Is this it? What is so scandalous here? If Ronaldo started mouthing off, he will get a reaction. I'm not saying Jose is a saint, but trying to paint him as a vile act while he just defended himself is misleading.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
"Outside fan" :lol:.

Give it a break, you're one of those weird Pep ******* we've here.
I dislike both of City and Utd, so yeah, outside. :)

And if not irrationally and hyperbolically hating on a former coach of my club, who's done well for us, makes me a '*******', I guess I have to take it.
Though I might say, to me, the behaviour that's more ******* seems the constant reflex on here to personally attack people who don't share your view on an opposition manager.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

And if not irrationally and hyperbolically hating on a former coach of my club, who's done well for us, makes me a '*******', I guess I have to take it.
Though I might say, to me, the behaviour that's more ******* seems the constant reflex on here to personally attack people who don't share your view on an opposition manager.
It's the 'weird,' part that's actually quite funny.

TBF, Sam Allardyce would have done well in Germany with BM

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Yeah of course but Raiola must have known it was never going to happen. United wouldn't have sent him there and City wouldn't have wanted him.

Being a scumbag is fine if you want to be a successful agent, but surely wasting people's time with this kind of lunacy is not on!

Who else does Raiola have on his books? Will we need to deal with him again in the future?
Lukaku I think.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

You can proclaim your love for Pep Guardiola as much as you can, just don't call yourself an "outside" fan and try to give an impression that your opinion when it comes to Pep is objective.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Seems a very strange comment to make, was he asked in his interview or did he go off on a tangent to mention it?
He deflected a question about his rivalry with Mourinho by saying he has many big rivalries, especially agents, so he puts the next question right up there as the reporters immediately knew he was talking about Mino. So, yes, he pretty much set it up himself.

The first around 02:26 and then Raiola subject at 04:57.

He even said he will answer it another day, not today before the game, but then like he couldn't help himself throws the bomb. Cheeky fecker, must say.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
He deflected a question about his rivalry with Mourinho by saying he has many big rivalries, especially agents, so he puts the next question right up there as the reporters immediately knew he was talking about Mino. So, yes, he pretty much set it up himself.

The first around 02:26 and then Raiola subject at 04:57.

He even said he will answer it another day, not today before the game, but then like he couldn't help himself throws the bomb. Cheeky fecker, must say.
The rant does sound planned, similar to the one he gave vs the Barca board when he had started at Bayern. There I was pretty sure the question was planted, here I assume he knew it might be coming and as you say, he set it up himself.

backtowhiteside

This had nothing to do with United. This was just Pep taking a swing back at that fat sleazy bastard Raiola.

The big question for me is if Pogba asked that fat feck to check out the City camp. Imagine Pogba telling Raiola he's fed up with Jose not treating him like a football God and making him play out of his favorite position. United having the nerve to give this short little man from South America more money than him. Fans and media talking about his sulking on the pitch instead of his new haircut. -Get me out of here Raiola.

Or should we have faith in the holy tweet telling us not to worry.

Jim Beam

The rant does sound planned, similar to the one he gave vs the Barca board when he had started at Bayern. There I was pretty sure the question was planted, here I assume he knew it might be coming.
The smugness on his face before he started talking about it... Yeah, he pretty much wanted to go there.

podurban2

He was asked about Rialoa's dog comments by the journos. First he said "I will talk about this on another day" but then when asked again he replied "Ok I will talk about this now".

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
The smugness on his face before he started talking about it... Yeah, he pretty much wanted to go there.
Yeah, the fact he can embarrass Pogba and United in the process before the derby surely was part of the calculation. This would not have happened if he hadn't been smashed by Klopp in midweek. He's under pressure and not taking it well.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Who knows what skullduggery went on to get Pogba & Mkihi to us in the first place, it just the way he operates, and clearly very successfully too, just nasty if you're on the receiving end.

If Pogba wants to have his best years with us, which is surely why he came back in the first place, then he needs to distance himself from this guy, because much as I dislike Jose & think Pogba can be fantastic for us, I'd be with him on this one if it does unravel in the summer.
It's the only thing he could do to restore some credibility in the fans eyes, along with putting in some great performances!
If my agent went behind my back, I would sack him instantly. I have a feeling though that Pogba wasn't completely unaware of his agent's actions, which would be a damn shame if proven so.

reddaz71

Would not surprise me at all if Pogba wants to go to either Madrid or Barca to be honest this summer,let him go simple as,absolutely no one bigger than the club!

Varun

Staff

Exactly, dumb move which could only end badly.

Jim Beam

Yeah, the fact he can embarrass Pogba and United in the process before the derby surely was part of the calculation. This would not have happened if he hadn't been smashed by Klopp in midweek. He's under pressure and not taking it well.
That would be my take also. I don't think he would bring it up, or at least not in such way if he wasn't been beat so heavy this week. Mino quote was 2 weeks ago, so he could deal with it already if he wanted.

Oldyella

Raiola would also have known we would never sell Pogba to city, didn't stop him apparently asking that question either.