Pep Guardiola: "Raiola offered me Mkhitaryan and Pogba two months ago.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honestly hope this motivates Mourinho to start needling Pep. He's been far too polite to date. He needs to get inside baldy's head like he did at Madrid.

manc exile

Supports
City
I understand him wanting to respond and doing so.. but he could have said he offered me Mkhi and some other players (and left it open for speculation). It is very rare managers will disclose such info as they know it is very disrespectful to opposition manager and one day they could be on the receiving end. Plus him and Jose have been on decent terms since move to EPL.
really?

post match at OT?

AR87

Sir, if Raiola would have said the same about Jose, Jose would have responded far more ferociously and bitterly as Raiola made a personal attack by calling Pep a dog and a coward.
People who think Pep is wrong to lay down his sentiments are just looking at this with biased eyes.
Pep has every right to respond to Raiola. I could care less if he had spent 15 minutes belitting him. The issue is namechecking Pogba of his own volition. People justifying that are being absurdly favorable to Pep.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Is Baldy interested in signing Verratti? Because he can kiss good bye to that.

cyberman

Pep is a d**k, however I hope this is a lesson to Woodward. Stop going for so called 'stars' and concentrate on building a proper team. We should also cancel Raiola - no more clients from him and if they wish, his clients can go with him.

Sick of all this drama with our club. Ever since SAF left, we haven't been able to just concentrate on the club and football, instead of all the drama that Woodward seems to thrive on in his pursuit of 'commercial' players.
Pep doesn't work for us.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Sir, if Raiola would have said the same about Jose, Jose would have responded far more ferociously and bitterly as Raiola made a personal attack by calling Pep a dog and a coward.
People who think Pep is wrong to lay down his sentiments are just looking at this with biased eyes.
Bhai, if Mou does a dickish thing, he'll be criticized. He shouldn't be praised as if his integrity is being questioned. This thread is about Guardiola and his twattish reaction, so I have no idea what Mou's reaction to anything has to do with the topic at hand.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It is the CAF logic vortex at work defending Saint Pep (tm).

A Man City manager destabilizing a player and undermining our club and manager hours before a derby is now "doing us a favour".
:lol: its crazy

clarkydaz

Completely mind boggling that anyone can support Baldy on this one. And they seem to be doing it because they dislike Raiola.

One of the most cnutish things a person can do, is bring people into their own beef that are not involved. He could have easily said the same thing without name dropping anyone, that is what a 'gentleman' would do (that's what he likes portraying himself as).

One of the biggest cnuts in football without a doubt.
Which is exactly what the agent done in the first place, by insulting Pep on the back of someone elses grudge against him. This has unravelled due to the agent being a dick, and has now put his player in a sticky situation

ti vu

If City would have approached Raiola for any of his players, Pep would never have openly said that Raiola offered his players to him. Moreover, Raiola would have responded in a ferocious manner to this allegation.
I think you are chosing to ignore the blunt truth. Raiola himself has said that he offered his players to City but he just did not confirm whether it was Pogba or not.
However, if anything that Pep said was a lie then Raiola would have explicitly specified it that but instead he offered an unclear response as he is no position to deny the facts that Pep pointed out.

Look at the Raiola's tone on this matter when he was bashing Pep as coward and what not just a week ago. If this was a lie, Raiola would have mortified Pep badly.
I don't say you are wrong, but do you think you know the whole truth and Raiola was talking in this manner or BBC just took a quote, and trying to create a story?

Please watch what Pep said entirely, he also said he couldn't afford this and that but as we know he just spent another record amount on a defender while also chasing Mahrez. What if Pep's perception is different than yours?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Which is exactly what the agent done in the first place, by insulting Pep on the back of someone elses grudge against him. This has unravelled due to the agent being a dick, and has now put his player in a sticky situation
I literally alluded to that in the post you quoted. They are justifying it because of what Raiola did.

Raiola and Baldy are both massive cnuts, it's not a surprise that they despise each other.

Akshay

Staff
I've got no issue with Pep responding to Raiola. However by mentioning United players on the eve of the derby it really just isn't that anymore. Jose would have called Raiola worse but I very much doubt he'd have thrown in talk about other clubs with it. When he decides to respond to someone he's very pointed.

Cassidy

I've got no issue with Pep responding to Raiola. However by mentioning United players on the eve of the derby it really just isn't that anymore. Jose would have called Raiola worse but I very much doubt he'd have thrown in talk about other clubs with it. When he decides to respond to someone he's very pointed.
I dunno about that :lol: perfect opportunity to destablise the opponent, Jose isn't passing that up.
Also do not forget his comments about Shaw / money and wage bill before he came here.

Akshay

Staff
I dunno about that :lol: perfect opportunity to destablise the opponent, Jose isn't passing that up.
Also do not forget his comments about Shaw / money and wage bill before he came here.
Oh he loves taking digs at opposition managers/clubs, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying if Raiola or someone else makes a remark about Jose, then Jose's retort is going to be about that guy. He'll find some other opportunity to make a dig if he wants to.

Denis79

It didn't exactly just slip out of him either, it was planned. He knows Pogba has had problems lately and decided to cause additional drama to a already poisonous situation. He's a proper cnut.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I slightly disagree. The Jose of old would've happily brought another club into it. He's been unusually shy about getting into it with Pep this season and last. I dunno if the board has ordered him to dial it back but its totally different to what he did at Madrid. I would've loved to see Jose lobbing some verbals at City this season. Some of the Madrid stuff was OTT but, you know what, if he gave a 'por que' press conference I'd lap it up. I'm tired of every man and his dog kissing Pep's backside.

Cassidy

Oh he loves taking digs at opposition managers/clubs, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying if Raiola or someone else makes a remark about Jose, then Jose's retort is going to be about that guy. He'll find some other opportunity to make a dig if he wants to.
:lol: If you really think Jose passes up the opportunity to destabilise the opposition before a big derby like this, I'm not so sure about that.

cyberman

:lol: If you really think Jose passes up the opportunity to destabilise the opposition before a big derby like this, I'm not so sure about that.
Im sure he gets offers all the time. He was manager of Real Madrid for a few years after all.

Akshay

Staff
I slightly disagree. The Jose of old would've happily brought another club into it. He's been unusually shy about getting into it with Pep this season and last. I dunno if the board has ordered him to dial it back but its totally different to what he did at Madrid. I would've loved to see Jose lobbing some verbals at City this season. Some of the Madrid stuff was OTT but, you know what, if he gave a 'por que' press conference I'd lap it up. I'm tired of every man and his dog kissing Pep's backside.
What I'm saying is, when someone insults Jose, he returns the favour in kind. The guy will happily engage in mind games or what not, but give him an abusive quote and he'll give it back to whoever made it. If Raiola said the same about Jose the response would have been a lot more personal and vitriolic. See the Rafa wife comments for example.

I don't think you're following what I'm saying at all.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What do you mean, kind Sir?
I somehow missed that you were defending Guardiola. You realize that he just using Raiola to get to us before a derby? That's as small time as it gets.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What I'm saying is, when someone insults Jose, he returns the favour in kind. The guy will happily engage in mind games or what not, but give him an abusive quote and he'll give it back to whoever made it. If Raiola said the same about Jose the response would have been a lot more personal and vitriolic. See the Rafa wife comments for example.
The difference between Mourinho and Guardiola, is that Mourinho won't involve someone else or an other club. If the remarks are personal, he will keep it personal.

clarkydaz

Pep is 16 points clear, any insults/mind games are futile. if it was 5 points I dread to think what he would be coming out with. He's hardly dialled it back, he's got more bitter with age.

BootsyCollins

Feck pep.
If he got this offer two months ago, why wait untill the day before we play them to say anything.
A man city manager saying he got offered our biggest star and people are okey with it? What the hell.

Feck the fat agent too.
Offering our star to city!!! Nomather the reason that is just low.

Pogba, with his instagram post, seems shocked too.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It is the CAF logic vortex at work defending Saint Pep™.

A Man City manager destabilizing a player and undermining our club and manager hours before a derby is now "doing us a favour".
Alt + 0153 on the number pad will give you the desired result.

Denis79

Feck pep.
If he got this offer two months ago, why wait untill the day before we play them to say anything.
A man city manager saying he got offered our biggest star and people are okey with it? What the hell.

Feck the fat agent too.
Offering our star to city!!! Nomather the reason that is just low.

Pogba, with his instagram post, seems shocked too.
We know Baldy is a cnut, what interests me is if anything of it is true and if it is, did Pogba approve of this?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
You're complaining about the drama but this is all Peps doing.
I can't see why you're criticising Utd over this
Maybe we should stop dealing with 'super agents' and their cnutish ways and then maybe Pep or whomever will have nothing to say in this respect. In my opinion, the club is partly responsible for the drama with the way they do things.

I won't be changing my opinion whatever you say.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
If Baldy doesn't win the league next season, the english press will stick the knife into him. They are cnuts like that.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Bhai, if Mou does a dickish thing, he'll be criticized. He shouldn't be praised as if his integrity is being questioned. This thread is about Guardiola and his twattish reaction, so I have no idea what Mou's reaction to anything has to do with the topic at hand.
Pretty much. We're now debating Mourinho behaviour when he does something and when he does absolutely nothing like in this particular case. Next thing, if Jose storms on Pep tomorrow (and he should) people will say that Pep was only talking about Raiola by how the discussion is going.