'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
100%. Classic Pep over thinking. Why did he want to set up in a pseudo 3-5-2?

Why leave Foden on for 90 mins? He was shite - yesterday needed someone who’s comfortable taking players on, such as Grealish.

KdB getting short change on that right channel - should have brought on Mahrez and tucked KdB inside.
I want you to sit down and quietly think about what you just said...

NO SHIRLEY, he has to learn!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hindsight armchair managing, nothing to see here
Have you seen the Alisson tweet comparing his assists in 2022 to Grealish's? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grealish is like Dwarf Bread. You keep it with you in case of extreme hunger. And then you still don't eat it (Discworld). :p

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It is time, everyone, bow down for the club of the year.

Clearly the most worthy winner of this award.

Ludens the Red

He can be such an arrogant tosser.

Getting in Maddison’s ear at the end of yesterday talking about how they played for the majority of the game. He did the same to Redmond and Southampton a few years back.
It’s fair game coming out in an interview talking about the oppositions “defensive” tactics. But whispering in the opposition players ears at the end of the game to do it just strikes me as a cnutish thing to do. Brendan should tell him where to go.

r1z3mu

I don't think Pep wants to leave any time soon. Where would he go? The only other club with unlimited oil resources is PSG so he might consider it (if PSG fails again in CL there will be position open).

Irrational.

He can be such an arrogant tosser.

Getting in Maddison’s ear at the end of yesterday talking about how they played for the majority of the game. He did the same to Redmond and Southampton a few years back.
It’s fair game coming out in an interview talking about the oppositions “defensive” tactics. But whispering in the opposition players ears at the end of the game to do it just strikes me as a cnutish thing to do. Brendan should tell him where to go.
He’s just an outright dickhead that loves meddling in other teams’ affairs. Can’t wait until he leaves.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't think Pep wants to leave any time soon. Where would he go? The only other club with unlimited oil resources is PSG so he might consider it (if PSG fails again in CL there will be position open).
Brazil national team.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Brazil national team.
An Italian club would also be logical, in terms of legacy-building. Since he's already won it in Spain, Germany and England.
Or maybe a return to Barca? They are probably approaching a state, where they'd give him a piece of the club as a signing-lever.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
An Italian club would also be logical, in terms of legacy-building. Since he's already won it in Spain, Germany and England.
Or maybe a return to Barca? They are probably approaching a state, where they'd give him a piece of the club as a signing-lever.
I can well imagine him taking a job where he doesn't have to be completely plugged in every day. He is a completely insane perfectionist who simply has to burn out at some point or require a longer break. That's why I could imagine him as a national coach, and in my opinion only Brazil would be an option.
The job of Barca president has already been bought by Pique anyway.

Anderson_7_

The UCL KOs can't come soon enough. This bald, attention-seeking cnut needs another round of humbling!

FujiVice

City are just a terrible club. They have to be the least respected and noteworthy top team ever. Even during this period when they've dominated the league, Liverpool and United are the paper sellers. You cant buy class as they say.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Hopefully both Pepus and Klippy feck off at the end of this season.

Lecland07

A loss has been coming for a while. I think they have got away with it quite a few times this season.

DevilRed

If he doesn't win the CL and the Prem this year, it would be the biggest failure in their clubs history.

Thats saying something.

It also highlights the fact that he really is just a chequebook manager. He can't win in Europe when the pressure is on.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
City are just a terrible club. They have to be the least respected and noteworthy top team ever. Even during this period when they've dominated the league, Liverpool and United are the paper sellers. You cant buy class as they say.
Usually when i watch them i find myself bored, its just something about the whole club that makes it totally uninteresting watching them play, even if they are briliant most of the time.

Reactions: oates

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amusing how he was banging on about 5 subs for most of last two years and he hardly ever uses them.

87th minute was their first sub today!

tomaldinho1

Amusing how he was banging on about 5 subs for most of last two years and he hardly ever uses them.

To be fair to him, he’s been there for 7 years penny pinching and fighting an uphill battle so he has no choice but to send a message to the board.

Chief123

Im just shocked at the number of empty seats at home games. I know we joke about them having no fans. It felt like it was half empty today. But despite having over 10 years of success, you would think they would have acquired enough glory hunters to be able to fill a relatively small stadium. It’s just baffling.

If the argument is that the seats are owned by City season ticket holders who haven’t turned up, then that’s just as bizarre. If you aren’t turning up for the most successful period in your clubs history ever then when will you bother turning up?

FujiVice

If the argument is that the seats are owned by City season ticket holders who haven’t turned up, then that’s just as bizarre.
I imagine its more that those tickets have been bought up by the same place their "sponsors" came from, and there's nobody to actually use those seats. Their fanbase is what it is. The "sold out" season tickets is another PR/UEFA con.

Chief123

I know city fans have this gripe with him about his lack of use of subs. I sometimes wonder if it’s an element of arrogance/pride to show he got it correct in the first place with his starting lineup and that by using subs it would be a sign of getting it wrong. No idea, but it is unusual how reluctant he is to use them especially when they are losing and need to change the game.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Im just shocked at the number of empty seats at home games. I know we joke about them having no fans. It felt like it was half empty today. But despite having over 10 years of success, you would think they would have acquired enough glory hunters to be able to fill a relatively small stadium. It’s just baffling.

If the argument is that the seats are owned by City season ticket holders who haven’t turned up, then that’s just as bizarre. If you aren’t turning up for the most successful period in your clubs history ever then when will you bother turning up?
I’m also fascinated by this. Especially as the tickets seem very reasonably priced. And City do have a history. I thought that they were relatively well supported after relegation. I curious why they seem to have so few fans after a decade of success AND not really pricing people out?

Chief123

I’m also fascinated by this. Especially as the tickets seem very reasonably priced. And City do have a history. I thought that they were relatively well supported after relegation. I curious why they seem to have so few fans after a decade of success AND not really pricing people out?
I’ve mentioned it before on here. As someone who lives in Manchester and travels around the whole of Manchester a lot and coming across many people who love football, I rarely come across a City fan. In fact I meet more Liverpool and Arsenal fans than City ones.

Nero

They never had a big fan base. Just a very loyal one. That’s why they had high attendances in the third tier. They were maxed out already.

Nothing club.