Pep - We don’t have this weapon like United, Chelsea or Tottenham

OmarUnited4ever

Well, no shit... Pep spent 100m on CAM/LW, he could've prioritized ST after Aguero's departure, if he couldn't get Kane, then there were other options like Inter's Martinez

cyberman

And we still had fans saying City weren’t interested in Ronaldo. This forum gets lost in itself at times

Bole Top

he's right, but it's his fault. Kane isn't the only striker alive and it's actually not that hard to improve on G. Jesus.

dal

So Pep is crying because he couldn’t get Kane or Ronaldo.

Need another billion.

Pep and Klopp will still get the 1-2.

Herman Toothrot

If only they'd known Aguero was planning to leave for a year and had infinite resources to replace him.

Cloud7

He’s not wrong really. On the other hand that’s his fault for selecting another attacking midfielder for 100 million to add to their army of other attacking midfielders. If he wanted a weapon they could have prioritized that.

Added to that Kane isn’t the only striker in the world. Once again his fault for wanting Kane or no one.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Didn't know he thought that highly of Eto'o and yet shipped him out for Ibra. Eto'o! loved him to bits

Dante

Average bang
Way to throw Jesus under the bus.

You'd never see Ole saying something like this about Fred or McTominay.

largelyworried

He’s not wrong. It just seems a bit much coming from the manager who has spent more money than any other in history.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He’s not wrong. It just seems a bit much coming from the manager who has spent more money than any other in history.
He's not wrong in the same way a person who spent his entire paycheck on clothes and trainers says he can't pay his rent.

SER19

Maybe he shouldn't have let a striker leave and replace him with a 100m pound vanity project?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

It's because he relies on thier individual brilliance.

Irrational.

He has a run of fixtures coming up with Chelsea and Liverpool away with PSG sandwiched in between. He could potentially be 9 points off the top by the end of this. Getting his excuses in early.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He cries like this now but if he had the budget again he’d have spent it all on signing Nuno Mendes or another LB anyway

Chicharo

Yes, he is right if you read it literally. How much money did he spend on the defenders, midfielders, plus Grealish? And he cries cause they couldn't get a striker... Who was their main striker last year? But they were so strong they didn't need one, now he is weeping because he we have better ones. Pathetic

rhajdu

Let's start a GoFundMe and get him someone. For some reason my boss came to my mind who once told us that unfortunately the wages are increasing so there are less return on the projects. He had such a sad expression on his face I almost voluntary gave up half of my wage. Almost.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Reminiscent of Van Gaal kicking any of our players out who could even remotely play out wide, then whinging that we didn't have a winger.

Then buying one who didn't want to come, for ludicrous money, then pissing about with his position.

Ahh the glory days. I miss every game being 2-3 chances absolute maximum.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well, no shit... Pep spent 100m on CAM/LW, he could've prioritized ST after Aguero's departure, if he couldn't get Kane, then there were other options like Inter's Martinez
:lol: Exactly. Why didn't he just sign another CF? City are probably going for Haaland next summer, so Pep and City have nothing to complain about. They decided not to sign an alternative to Ronaldo.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's not wrong. Their title win without a proper goalscorer last year was a remarkable outlier. I struggle to see how they'll do it again.

Of course them building their squad so that they've lacked that proper goalscorer for two years in a row is their own fault though.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Sounds like a manager who is worried about his team this season

King Eric 7

"He's not wrong" - well I would imagine the outcry here if Ole said we have a glaring weakness in our team unlike our title rivals. I mean we do, but you can't spend £100m+ and then cry about it.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Getting excuses already in case he doesn’t win this year or he is getting the media to do a story on him if he wins….”He won without a striker all year. He is the greatest of all time!”

Chicharo

He's not wrong. Their title win without a proper goalscorer last year was a remarkable outlier. I struggle to see how they'll do it again.

Of course them building their squad so that they've lacked that proper goalscorer for two years in a row is their own fault though.
They scored 131 goals in all competitions with 256 defensive minded players. If we include all competitions, they had 7 players who scored 10+ goals.Sorry Pep, for not having Messi anymore I am really sorry
And they wanted Kane, ok give them Lewa as well. Pr*cks as they've always been

Flytan

Or AWB, or Martial, or Lingard, or Lindelof,

hmm maybe he should take the approach and our squad would be capable of winning.