Pep's spending is insane (£941m and counting at City)

crossy1686

career ending
He fecking hates that people won't let his spending slide. I can forgive the prices, it's not his fault players cost what they cost, but it's the rate they/he spends. Didn't win the league? Here's a whole new defence. Someone's retiring? He's 2 £100m players just to be on the safe side.

As long as he continues to be heavily involved in financial doping it's hard to argue a case where he's one of the best managers that's ever lived.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
He is just embarrassing whenever he talks about their spending.
Checkbook manager.

Pep's Suit

Well, even if City generate 200M from sales most of you won't be happy so not even sure what's the point of this thread anymore? :rolleyes:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Someone explain this dumb the difference. I don't understand why is so fussed about proving everyone how good his club is.
I thought it had been debunked numerous times that, although we have spent a shitload over the years, we were never the biggest spenders?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Well, even if City generate 200M from sales most of you won't be happy so not even sure what's the point of this thread anymore? :rolleyes:
Yeah, we'd also still keep complaining if City became self sufficient, donated millions to human rights charities, Pep grew wings so he could soar through the sky shitting diamonds on everyone, and a plethora of other things that won't happen but can be equally used as pointless rhetoric to run away from the reality of the situation.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If you were a normal club, to generate that income you would have to sell 2/3/4 key first team players and as such would be weakened because of it. You would then do well to spend that money and improve your team.

That’s what managers have done historically and that’s what earns both a club and a manager some credit.

You’ve just spent £100m and he’s claiming he’s only spent £60m because you’ve offloaded 3 players for the sum of £40m who have a grand total of (3 + 3 + 0) appearances for Man City. Just two sub appearances in the league between them.

Do you see why you are not taken seriously as a club and never will be?

Hughie77

I think people dont care anymore what City or The other Oil rich clubs do. As somehow they are getting away with it. UEFA have given clubs a 2 year grace on FFP. After covid this has proven to be just another gift to those clubs who dont rely on there Ground being full?.
City are a club where they cant sell out there cup final allocations , not even there so called own fans care, about the club. And as for saint Pep, hes just a man who has to try and Justify there crooked club, prove it he says because he knows UEFA have tried and they got away with it. There even making films after film to try and get the club more popular, they cant and never will even if they win the League for the next 100yrs. Nobody cares because it's a false club that has been given a kings ransom to go on there journey. Without it they be struggling in the Championship .

ColvaleGoa

If he fails to win the CL again after spending close to a billion after 5 years, I am not sure if he can be in that tier 1 level of managers anymore.

His teams are very consistent in the league, but he tends to feck his tactics in the knockout games. Does that really make him the best coach then?

City have never spent big on a single player before, but if he gets Kane, they'd be spending 250M on two players. How long will the Sheik be happy without a CL win I wonder.
Happy or Not..he is their best bet to win CL!

Hughie77

The ultimate chequebook manager, the king.

Anyone got his entire career spend compared to other managers?
Would like to have seen what he would have done if UEFA had not rolled over in there Ban. I bet he would have left.

Chabon

"In the past, United won a lot of titles because they spent more money than the other clubs.‘

It’d be nice if media outlets that carry these outbursts would actually fact-check them rather than regurgitating patent falsehoods.

big rons sovereign

"In the past, United won a lot of titles because they spent more money than the other clubs.‘

It’d be nice if media outlets that carry these outbursts would actually fact-check them rather than regurgitating patent falsehoods.
Gotta hand it to city's pr team. They're bloody good.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think his comments could actually turn everyone from other clubs to hate City and him. They will not want to see him winning with City anymore.

littleman

Pep boiling down their success to dollars is right, the attitude around it though, is funnily childish

SER19

He gets so pissy when challenged you can tell it eats at him that he's shamelessly trying to buy a CL :lol:

Real Name

He's such an odious cnut. I wish one day he would just say yeah we have money and we're spending it left, right and centre, what are you gonna do about it?
Instead he gets all childish and defensive when there's talk about their sending and all the way he's still trying to sell a Saint Pep image of himself all while being a manager backed by fekin UAE.
But like one City fan said hehe, they're reforming, they haven't had public beheadings well over a year there.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Genius tactic from pep to unsettle Kane and get him to go on strike so he misses the first game of the season.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He fecking hates that people won't let his spending slide. I can forgive the prices, it's not his fault players cost what they cost, but it's the rate they/he spends. Didn't win the league? Here's a whole new defence. Someone's retiring? He's 2 £100m players just to be on the safe side.

As long as he continues to be heavily involved in financial doping it's hard to argue a case where he's one of the best managers that's ever lived.
This post should be stickied. Sums it up perfectly and succinctly.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Will be crying to the owners to get him Kane now after the last 2 results.

IncyWincySpider

The season has started too soon for Chequebook Pep. He needs another couple of weeks to finish splurging on his ultimate team.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Cut Pep some slack, only £900m worth of talent to choose from.

Buy him Harry Kane for £150m and then judge him.