Gaming PES 2019 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

Witchking

Played a couple of games. Kind of liked it. The player models look good the ball physics look good. Need to pay more to settle in.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
The demo plays very well. The graphics are improved, there are new animations, the ball physics have improved, passing feels just as smooth as the previous version. It plays a very nice game of football. I'm definitely getting it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Gameplay wise its alright, just like 2018 was. The presentation for me of poor though. It still looks like it was made in 2005 or something. I can't describe what I mean bit it just doesn't look very 'high definition'

Granted that's not the be all and end all but it just takes away a lot of the immersion for me.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Gameplay wise its alright, just like 2018 was. The presentation for me of poor though. It still looks like it was made in 2005 or something. I can't describe what I mean bit it just doesn't look very 'high definition'

Granted that's not the be all and end all but it just takes away a lot of the immersion for me.
PES seems to weirdly like being horribly dated with it's presentation. Back in 2005 it was presented like something from the late 90s.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
PES seems to weirdly like being horribly dated with it's presentation. Back in 2005 it was presented like something from the late 90s.
Japanese games in general tend to have a pretty terrible overall presentation like menus, cut scenes etc. If you look at last MGS or Yakuza games they also look like they were made 15 years ago when you look at menus, options etc.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's almost reaching perfection levels but my main gripe still is the ball's physics when shooting. Not enough variety in terms of trajectories

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Demo seems decent for me and I never really play PES. It does feel a lot looser than Fifa and I like that little touches and passes seem cool but I think that’s just a case of different games having different animations. Had a rebound shot with someone from a wide angle and managed to drill it rather than it ballooning over like it does in Fifa. Shots have a good weight to them.

Will prob still get Fifa but if they combined the good things from both games it’d be so good.

infamous7

So far I'm most successful with ac Milan
Can score 2 3 goals a game on the 2nd hardest level
Definitely picking it up but will wait a month for it to go on sale
Playing MLB at the moment

Sterling Archer

Dammit. They fecked the leagues up. Pretty much can't play relegation or promotion in any league besides England and France .Guess it only matters if you play Master League

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I quite like that it’s quite challenging to string 4-5+ passes together. It’s really not ping pongy at all.

Enjoying playing online in a demo too, seems like they might be onto a winner yet again.

It’s just such a shame presentation and licences are so poor.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dammit. They fecked the leagues up. Pretty much can't play relegation or promotion in any league besides England and France .Guess it only matters if you play Master League
Wtf? No way

Sterling Archer

Surprised there's nothing about the release here. The demo was fantastic. Starting up my legends edition tonight...hoping for one of Milan legends in my freebie .

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Surprised there's nothing about the release here. The demo was fantastic. Starting up my legends edition tonight...hoping for one of Milan legends in my freebie .
Pre ordered the David Beckham edition.

IGN surprisingly gave it a 8.2 from a reviewer who seems to think the team roles such as superstar are new additions.

GameSpot gave a 9 for their review in progress which a really rating for them.

Sterling Archer

Pre ordered the David Beckham edition.

IGN surprisingly gave it a 8.2 from a reviewer who seems to think the team roles such as superstar are new additions.

GameSpot gave a 9 for their review in progress which a really rating for them.
I went ahead and read the IGN review just now ... it is absolutely shocking ! It must be some EA prank. Ffs talking about player traits, no mention of changes to MyClub, it's remarkable.

What have they done to make up for no UEFA license?
Frankly, I think it's a poor excuse to criticize the Konami. Fans have long been used to needing an option file for most leagues, or just editing kits on Xbox. The Champions League was relevant when Offline play was king. I'd argue that if PES is able to make massive strides in MyClub then that is a better business decision. In that regard, they have supposedly made some tweaks. Plus a ton of Legends (all much easier to attain without paying than in FIFA in my experience). I don't even play online anymore and I've had plenty of fun w MyClub. Really depends on what you want/need

Morpheus 7

I always preferred Pes to Fifa, not impressed by the demo unfortunately. Think it hasn't really progressed in game play at all. I haven't noticed any upgrade in graphics either, doesn't play smooth. The through ball's are poor in the demo. Going to wait to see what Fifa brings out. Not sure how they haven't perfected things in football games by now.

Lay

If the master league transfer malarkey isn’t sorted then I won’t get it. Don’t play football games online so it’s a strictly offline game for me.

Sterling Archer

I always preferred Pes to Fifa, not impressed by the demo unfortunately. Think it hasn't really progressed in game play at all. I haven't noticed any upgrade in graphics either, doesn't play smooth. The through ball's are poor in the demo. Going to wait to see what Fifa brings out. Not sure how they haven't perfected things in football games by now.
Surprised to hear that. This year the game is developed dedicated to the current gen. So no downgraded visials for old systems. The grass!

amolbhatia50k

Nedved, Salah and Messi from my starter bonus agents. Alright alright alright :)
Wow.

I've got my options filed installed on the very first day which is a first. Now, what team to take on ML? Any ideas, guys? United would probably be too boring and lacking in a challenge. I'm thinking a lowly English or Spanish team.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I think there's an option in gameplan whereas you can select the players you want attacking the box.
There always has been it has just been my long time pet peeve that it does not happen automatically. And AI never sends CBs forward for corners which is unrealistic.

Sterling Archer

Wow.

I've got my options filed installed on the very first day which is a first. Now, what team to take on ML? Any ideas, guys? United would probably be too boring and lacking in a challenge. I'm thinking a lowly English or Spanish team.
You ever try the Master League default players? Instead of actual club players. Did that for the first time on 18 with a second div Spanish side and turned out to be a lot of fun. My main requirement early on was to replace the defaults with players with real faces

amolbhatia50k

You ever try the Master League default players? Instead of actual club players. Did that for the first time on 18 with a second div Spanish side and turned out to be a lot of fun. My main requirement early on was to replace the defaults with players with real faces
Yeah that's what irks me about the original ML players. I don't want to play as those generic players. I've done that on the old PES'. I don't mind taking an actual small club.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Got mine yesterday and had a bunch of games online, no lag issues hopefully they keep it up like last year. Only gripe was I tried to have a few 3 vs 3 co-op games and 3 times it put me in with two CPU players which I hate so I just quit before the match up got locked in. Game plays like a dream though, also like to add as much hate as the Pro Evo menu's get they're very snappy and responsive this year, FIFA menus as good as people claim they are, always seem to have a slight touch of lag on the input.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

I'm thinking of starting with a championship club or one of the worst La Liga teams. One odd thing is that I need the kit to be nice.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
PES threads. Sad how lonely they are. Wheres my man @Ish ?
Amol! My man! How you stranger danger?

Aargh, tbh, so much has happened in my life these past 20 months (divorce, mom passing and dad passing)....i've not touched the PS that much. My friends are still all going strong (there are 4-5 of us). I use to be #1....nowadays i think i'm in the relegation zone of that bunch :lol:

The plan (more like hope!) is that i get into 2019 this year again though! So I'll keep you updated...

How is 2019 vs 2018 anyway? Not that I have much 2018 playing time experience. Probably clocked under 10 hours tbh.

Lay

ML transfers are still shocking apparently.

Sterling Archer

I'm thinking of starting with a championship club or one of the worst La Liga teams. One odd thing is that I need the kit to be nice.
Not odd at all. I spend an inordinate amount of time googling kits before selecting teams. This season I found Hueaca's (newly promoted to La Liga) to be quite nice. Reminds me of an old Inter kit I liked. Plus they have a home, away and alternate which I always prefer.

I just got my option file in. Combined PesUniverse with the NT jerseys from Pesgaming. It just ovcoccur to me - can I rename and write over my option file and make, say, Nigeria's sick WC kit the default for some random second div team? That might be the way to go

ML transfers are still shocking apparently.
Saw some screenshots of teams selling all but eleven players...it's atrocious even if it's only happening to a few folks here and there.

Lay

Oh come on. How have they still not fixed this?
It seems to have gotten worse. Teams have started the season with 9 players or teams have sold all their bench players ending up with 11 players for the season.

It’s a total game breaker for me.
Don’t want to play it, if I’ll be playing against Empoli who have Messi in attack but no goalkeeper in the team. :rolleyes:

amolbhatia50k

Amol! My man! How you stranger danger?

Aargh, tbh, so much has happened in my life these past 20 months (divorce, mom passing and dad passing)....i've not touched the PS that much. My friends are still all going strong (there are 4-5 of us). I use to be #1....nowadays i think i'm in the relegation zone of that bunch :lol:

The plan (more like hope!) is that i get into 2019 this year again though! So I'll keep you updated...

How is 2019 vs 2018 anyway? Not that I have much 2018 playing time experience. Probably clocked under 10 hours tbh.
I'm doing fine, Ish. Done with the busy season of our year. I know it's been a very rough year for you. Keep yourself occupied with the little things that you feel happy being engrossed in, and obviously your friends.

Based on the first weekend of trying it out, 2019 is an absolute dream to play. The on the pitch stuff is as good as any footy game has ever been IMO.

It seems to have gotten worse. Teams have started the season with 9 players or teams have sold all their bench players ending up with 11 players for the season.

It’s a total game breaker for me.
Don’t want to play it, if I’ll be playing against Empoli who have Messi in attack but no goalkeeper in the team. :rolleyes:
I've seen screens/videos from various gamers which are extremely worrying. Random, unrealistic and completely excessive transfers. Liverpool and City selling everyone. Chelsea selling their entire midfield. Teams signing 10 players. Teams left with a 14 man squad. Terrible stuff.

I've myself started two ML campaigns. Will log in to check whether my ML has already been ruined by the bug. I'm tempted to put my ML gaming on standby mode to see whether Konami fix this. I know they didn't last year but funnily enough Adam Bhatti specifically tweeted that ML transfers had been fixed :lol: