Peter Drury

GlasgowCeltic

it’s a dreadful match with him and his scripted sermons and Neville with his girlish screams and “at this moment in time”x50

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I have no idea what he thought he was babbling on about, but it sounded like utter nonsense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was randomly boning Thiago as some sort of Eriksen type of creative force when he came on :lol:

Shinjch

He is so bad, he knows what he is going to say hours before the game.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
He is awful. Never liked his commentary and now that he's the main commentator on Sky it's becoming almost unlistenable to.

Why does he try to make himself sound so clever. It's like he's trying to rhyme everything, using needlessly impressive words in a vain attempt to add some extra gravitas to the moment. I reckon he eats a thesaurus before every match.

Just speak plainly you idiot. The best commentary is almost conversational. Martin Tyler did that and, while at times annoying in other ways, he was the mainstay and best commentator for decades. Darren Fletcher on BT Sport is also very good at that. Sky should poach him at some point.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Christ, I actually miss sleepy Martin Tyler.

CloneMC16

Football fans hate every commentator. There is no pleasing anybody.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s weird how excited everyone was when he got the gig

Withnail

Bring back Tyler.

The liverbird has had it's wings clipped and referncing the Arsenal invincible spirit... plus many deliciously delivered phrases.

This guy is insufferable.
Referencing the potential Liverpool title win as the 'Utopian Klopp climax' had me reaching for the mute button.

Borussia Teeth

I always used to like this guy but I think it's because only rarely heard him. Now he's the regular guy on sky, I've heard enough.

Robertd0803

I always used to like this guy but I think it's because only rarely heard him. Now he's the regular guy on sky, I've heard enough.
Think everybody feels the same. Tries every game to have another soundbite on the level of the Roma vs Barca game and simply wont be able to because its not natural.

Feels so rehearsed and scripted all the time.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
That’s exactly my opinion too. Thought he was a good replacement for Tyler but about 2 weeks into the season I was done

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
The tiktok/Instagram folks seem to love him. That's all that matters I guess.

For the record I absolutely detest him

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His Roma goal commentary, the CR7 return commentary and the Messi world cup winning ones are fine. But now everything is a poetic journey even if it's just a corner being given

Almost as cringe as whatever commentator said "and Solskjear has won it" after the PSG win.