Pexbo on Shaw, Pogba and Martial in 2018: "2 out of the 3 will be gone within 3 years. Quote me on this in my own thread."

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I mean he’s almost right

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I mean he’s almost right
if being almost right counts then elvis would be 5.5k richer this morning. @Pexbo should be hounded until the ends of the earth.

boo. hiss. boo.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I feel personally attacked :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The reality is Martial and Pogba would have been sold this year but the board remembered Pexbo’s post and chose not to do it this year. I blame Pexbo.

Oranges038

Close.

All 3 of them should be gone.

Martial should have been sacked after the Sheffield Utd game where he was just wandering around.
Pogba should have been binned off about 3 years ago. He's never really looked like he wants to be at the club.
Shaw looked better last year, but then he realised Telles is actually pretty shite and wasn't going to play ahead of him anyway, so he's regressed to being a lazy sleepwalker most of the time.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How did you keep tabs on this for exactly 3 years? I would have forgotten in a day

Edit: I think Pexbo may have been right if he’d said 4 years
I set a reminder on my phone to go off three years to the day, then that phone broke a couple of months ago rendering the reminder pointless.

Read this post today which reminded me of it (knew it was around November sometime), so did a search:

You had that bookmarked you nonce :lol:
I agree on the four years, though stumbling block being Martial's wages.

I feel personally attacked :lol:
You were wrong on this from March 2017 too:

Yum imagine Rashford & Martial upfront together - the modern day Cole & Yorke

IM0 3 at the back will need blind at CB.

Fullbacks don't need to be so attacking if our strikers are martial & Rashford as they can cover the wide areas in defense.

I'd go for in the future
De gea
Bailly Blind Rojo
TFM Shaw
Herrera/Pereira Pogba
Mkhitareayn
Rashford Martial
I bet 6 of those players aren't here in 3 years time.
Blind, Herrera and Mkhitaryan had gone by 2020
Fosu-Mensah and Rojo went a year later
Pereira's still here

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good to see a prediction fail, and be rightly called out years later :lol:

dal

Pretty much right, although shaw was a bad call.

Ixion

I bet Martial is gone in January and Pogba is obviously leaving so he isn't far off

el3mel

Well, at the moment only Pogba is leaving so you can say that wasn't really a right prediction, regardless of my opinion on Martial as he's still here for now.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
This is like when Cartman made Scott Tenorman eat his parents.

Remind me never to feck with Damien.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Tbf the only reason Pogba and Martial are still here is because we tend to hang on to players for longer than we should.

CallyRed

There should be a thread specifically for those who have said "you can quote me on this" to see how thier prediction has panned out.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
There should be a thread specifically for those who have said "you can quote me on this" to see how thier prediction has panned out.
Guess who started just that thread :)

Woodzy

To be fair, even Shaw is playing poorly again. We probably just need to sign another left back to get him playing well.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I was in work when I got the notifications from this thread initially so didn’t have chance to respond properly but I’ll take it on the chin that I was wrong on both counts but in essence I wasn’t far off and it was more about the point than the prediction. Martial is all but gone, as is Pogba.

Pogba and Martial are likely gone next summer.

I set a reminder on my phone to go off three years to the day, then that phone broke a couple of months ago rendering the reminder pointless.

Read this post today which reminded me of it (knew it was around November sometime), so did a search:

I agree on the four years, though stumbling block being Martial's wages.

You were wrong on this from March 2017 too:

Blind, Herrera and Mkhitaryan had gone by 2020
Fosu-Mensah and Rojo went a year later
Pereira's still here
And I wasn’t far off here either. By 2020 only Periera was anywhere close to playing for the first team which is the point I was making.

Pretty sure Pexbo started a thread about how he wouldn't swap Martial for Messi. Contrary fellow it seems.
You’re welcome to dig up that thread but it’s closed I think because people were consistently missing the point of it. It wasn’t really about Martial, it was about the fact that I would always get more excited about a wonderkid at United making the journey to fill their potential than I would signing a world class talent who has already made their story elsewhere.

If you offered me a swap of Salah for Greenwood now, I wouldn’t take it.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Its not quite the end of 2021 yet, 2 could have their contracts terminated. It's still good, it's still good!

Tarrou

All the replies along the lines of “in fairness...” is such a United mentality

Rewarding failure. Got 100% wrong.

Hawks2008

The fact they're still here says more about United than it does about the prediction.