Phil Foden - What Is His Potential?

Bwuk

I think he’s a good player but he’s massively over rated. City have a superb squad, they don’t need him to carry them, but I don’t think he’d look remotely as good anywhere else.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He's better out wide. I don't think he's been that great as the false 9 this season.
He's been asked to sacrifice himself for the good of the team by playing a position that is not really suitable to his skills but someone had to do it.
We'll probably see him at his best next season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Apparently, she saw some texts she wasn't supposed to see. Why do people embarass themselves like this?

What's up with English players and Greece, they should change their holidays destionation.

copen1945

Man City do collect some weird players. Foden, Walker, Stones, Grealish and Mendy, Drunken, employing prostitues, and committing outright violence. Without their oil money, a lot more of their activities would be out in the open.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Vaccination status, I’d imagine. Unsurprising

NoPace

It sounds like you're describing one of the Liverpool lads. Elliott or Jones. Foden is class. A comparable talent to Sancho.
From what I've seen Jones is meh (looks like one of those Serie A#8s who does well for Europa level teams in that league but maybe not busy enough for England or Spain) and Elliot is really good. Quick enough to play a winger but smart enough to play as an attacking #8.

But yeah, England should build around Rice and Foden in central midfield. A tackler and someone who wants the ball, so they can actually get to even in a knockout game or two against a quality midfield.

Remember the geese

From what I've seen Jones is meh (looks like one of those Serie A#8s who does well for Europa level teams in that league but maybe not busy enough for England or Spain) and Elliot is really good. Quick enough to play a winger but smart enough to play as an attacking #8.

But yeah, England should build around Rice and Foden in central midfield. A tackler and someone who wants the ball, so they can actually get to even in a knockout game or two against a quality midfield.
I could see Jones with Gerrard at Villa. I think Elliot is a better talent, but quite how good exactly I'm unsure. Certainly not as good as Foden.

Agreed. I think Rice, Bellingham, Foden could well be the way to go.

Ollie Derbyshire

I could see Jones with Gerrard at Villa. I think Elliot is a better talent, but quite how good exactly I'm unsure. Certainly not as good as Foden.

Agreed. I think Rice, Bellingham, Foden could well be the way to go.
Has to be the England midfield, with Sancho, Saka, Mount, Kane, Rashford & Grealish fighting it out for the front 3.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Yeah I agree with you here, Elliot looked brilliant before that injury vs Leeds while I've been very underwhelmed by Jones when I've seen him.

Agree with this too.

Jones is probably good enough to be a starter at a midtable/ Europa league team and if he wasn't a Scouser would probably already be loaned out/ sold. (7th-12th)

Elliot is good enough to be a squad player at a champions league place challenging team, If he started every game next season I think Liverpool would be further away rather than closer to City. The biggest indictment of Jones is what Elliot has done in a shorter time period.

Foden is good enough to start and contribute to a team that should win the league/ champions league right now.

At this moment it's not even close.

If he's not vaccinated I'd say he's a bit of an idiot (though that's probably obvious due to some of his off field antics).

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

Is this factual? Foden is currently on £30k a week?

Meanwhile we've been paying Juan Mata nearly 4 times as much to give internet hugs and be a cone in training? I can't wrap my head around the money United have "burned through" over the last decade.

BerryBerryShrew

Meanwhile we've been paying Juan Mata nearly 4 times as much to give internet hugs and be a cone in training? I can't wrap my head around the money United have "burned through" over the last decade.
No. No it is not factual. The posted wages for oil clubs will be greatly understated and topped up with "sponsorships", kickbacks and benefits in kind which will mean that what players earn will be multiple times what is reported. See the leaked report on what they were actually paying Mancini under the table for reference (also the fact that they pretty much bought a football club for Pep's brother to play with).

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Zero chance either of the numbers are correct. No way he's earning only £30k and no way will his new contract only be for £120k.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
He signed his last contract with the club in December 2018, at which time he had only played 600 minutes of first team football in total. In this context it’s not unfeasible that he’s on 30k a week.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He signed his last contract with the club in December 2018, at which time he had only played 600 minutes of first team football in total. In this context it’s not unfeasible that he’s on 30k a week.
Even 12 months ago someone like United would give him 150k in two minutes, you people would believe anything you read.

i bet he was closer to 150k than 30k easily.

I’m loving my life

30k is the ‘accounts-reporting’ figure. In City’s case 10% of the total being paid to any member of staff, on average (even the tea lady/man)

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
No. No it is not factual. The posted wages for oil clubs will be greatly understated and topped up with "sponsorships", kickbacks and benefits in kind which will mean that what players earn will be multiple times what is reported. See the leaked report on what they were actually paying Mancini under the table for reference (also the fact that they pretty much bought a football club for Pep's brother to play with).

And City still pay Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko off the book.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Even 12 months ago someone like United would give him 150k in two minutes, you people would believe anything you read.

i bet he was closer to 150k than 30k easily.
How does what you think United would pay him have any bearing on what his actual wages are?

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Based on him not being stupid and asking for those kind of wages long time ago from City.
If he wanted a pay rise he would’ve got one, but he hasn’t signed a new contract since December 2018. I don’t understand what your point is.

Also, from what you said in your first post it sounds like you’re suggesting that Foden would’ve been happy joining United if they were offering him that money and City weren’t. I can assure you that that would never happen.